Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Callan57 wrote: »
    Agree with you completly, it's a real throwback to the "grace & favour" days.
    People should be paid properly for the job they do ... I mean, you wouldn't go to tip the doctor would you?

Yes,but, there’s always a ‘but’ isn’t there.

We are talking apples and oranges here aren’t we?

This “people should be paid properly” stuff always puzzles me.

That’s what the minimum wage is for isn’t it, I mean we pay ‘over and above’ we have to charge over and above, and folk cannot afford to pay. The business closes and everyone in back on the scratcher again.

Bit of a broad brush I know, but not a million miles from what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Let's be honest here, the Shinners know infinitely more about taking down buildings than they do about putting them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Paddy o Gorman really hitting a new low. We're paying for these druggies. Some waste of money

Paddy o Gorman really hitting a new low. We're paying for these druggies. Some waste of money

What happened?

In fairness to Paddy, he's no bleeding heart.

What happened?

In fairness to Paddy, he's no bleeding heart.

Did a report from dubland city methadone clinic. Total waste of taxpayers money.

• Advertisement

Did a report from dubland city methadone clinic. Total waste of taxpayers money.
    Not sure I'd agree with you there Odyssey. I'd prefer if we could use that money more productively too, but what's the alternative? The methadone programme is a preventative cost, as opposed to the extra millions we'd need for healthcare and policing if methadone weren't available.

Must listen back to that slot, O'Gormans reports are always interesting

Not sure I'd agree with you there Odyssey. I'd prefer if we could use that money more productively too, but what's the alternative? The methadone programme is a preventative cost, as opposed to the extra millions we'd need for healthcare and policing if methadone weren't available.

Must listen back to that slot, O'Gormans reports are always interesting

Agreed,its a preventative cost,but these wasters were on coke(the columbian kind) crack and some other shyte. If PoG can see that,in plain sight,then those in power should also be able. Pure waste of money.
    Edit;I have no issues helping people out when they're down,(there for the grace of God etc..) but this is just taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A touch of shooting the messenger there.
    Paddy O'Gorman lifts the lid for us.

elperello wrote: »
    A touch of shooting the messenger there.
    Paddy O'Gorman lifts the lid for us.

Perhaps you are correct. It just boils my piss when I see money being wasted on these lot. I unreservedly apologise to PoG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Listen teacher what the hell size of mortgage are you looking for?

You go to Dubai to make a pile of cash, get given a career break for it, get your full time job back when you return and then the minister has to go out to Dubai to listen to you complain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Listen teacher what the hell size of mortgage are you looking for?

You go to Dubai to make a pile of cash, get given a career break for it, get your full time job back when you return and then the minister has to go out to Dubai to listen to you complain.

Good call TopG. Time these leeches were called out and given a dose of reality.

Piss off and stay in Dubai, if it’s that great and see how you get on.

Middle Ireland is beginning to cop on to this kind of bulldust.

More of the hard pressed taxpayers need to call these folk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dubai will be a great place for a front seat if/when things kick-off properly in the Gulf - Trumps inner circle are spoiling for a war.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Dubai will be a great place for a front seat if/when things kick-off properly in the Gulf - Trumps inner circle are spoiling for a war.
    Good idea to take the Iranians down a peg or two . Targeted assassination of the worst Iranian Leaders would be the way to go . Surely could be done effectively these days .

blinding wrote: »
    Good idea to take the Iranians down a peg or two . Targeted assassination of the worst Iranian Leaders would be the way to go . Surely could be done effectively these days .

And replace them with whom?

Most political leaders are experts in self-preservation. That implies a certain amount of control. Take the lid off the pot, and you might be alarmed at the chaos that follows. Just look at the Former Yugoslavia, or Iraq, or Syria and further down to a list that's as long as your arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Perhaps you are correct. It just boils my piss when I see money being wasted on these lot. I unreservedly apologise to PoG.
    Is this the same piss that these wasters are taking as claimed in your previous post?

And replace them with whom?

Most political leaders are experts in self-preservation. That implies a certain amount of control. Take the lid off the pot, and you might be alarmed at the chaos that follows. Just look at the Former Yugoslavia, or Iraq, or Syria and further down to a list that's as long as your arm.
    If you are America , you should kill enemies that threaten you just to let others know that death awaits .

If you are America , you should kill enemies that threaten you just to let others know that death awaits .
    Or you might want to reflect on strategies that do or don't work, and start from there.

Or you might want to reflect on strategies that do or don't work, and start from there.
    America does not try killing the enemy leaders often enough . Why Not , just kill them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

America does not try killing the enemy leaders often enough . Why Not , just kill them .

But isn't the GOP hugely pro-life????? :rolleyes:

But isn't the GOP hugely pro-life????? :rolleyes:
    Like I say they should kill the leaders of their enemies .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Like I say they should kill the leaders of their enemies .

What age are you?

God, could you imagine having to deal with these union f**kers and their entitlements every day of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The focus will be on rehabilitation and reintigration!!!!! what about putting a focus on the protection of other young vulnerable girls?

This wasn't a random act that went wrong it was a meticulously planned & executed murder by clearly extremly dangerous individuals.

The focus will be on rehabilitation and reintigration!!!!! what about putting a focus on the protection of other young vulnerable girls?

This wasn't a random act that went wrong it was a meticulously planned & executed murder by clearly extremly dangerous individuals.

They should get a gallows, not rehabilitation

Dinner party stories from Honohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

fair play to that politician

pure criminality

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

fair play to that politician

pure criminality

Yes. He's calling it as it is. There should be more of this and none of Pavee point's whinging about discrimination and lack of funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭jelutong

As he said, nobody suggested mediating between the Hutches and the
    Kinahans so why do it in this case?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

jelutong wrote: »
    As he said, nobody suggested mediating between the Hutches and the
    Kinahans so why do it in this case?

Because even travellers engaged in serious criminality deserve special treatment

That American had no business appearing opposite the local politician, he was there to ferment an idea that the standard of behaviour here was different because it's travellers and so a mediator was required

Typical RTE

• Advertisement

Where did SOR dig up these two entitled yummy mummies. They're sickening. Sean seems bored

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement