Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

But once you're looking at your team page, with the time left to draft time, how we go into the actual draft room and when?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

aferru, I think a button appears saying 'join draft' or similar. Should appear a few minutes before the draft is due to start.

Pauloconn, as GM do you have to ramdomise the draft order? I see some other boards leagues know their order a good bit before their draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

DB, ive just selected that it be random order for the draft but don't have any choice apart from that

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

aferru wrote: »
    But once you're looking at your team page, with the time left to draft time, how we go into the actual draft room and when?

We can enter draft room now! Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Ok guys, I think I'm in! Or at least it looks like the mock draft...

• Advertisement

14, WTF¬!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

In now. Best of luck lads

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

In at #8. Quite a tough position as there's a few ways it could go. Really looking forward to my first fantasy draft.

Good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

11th pick...nice.

• Advertisement

Another draft in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Great craic - fair play again Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Enjoyed that lads, thanks. First ever draft in the books!

QB: Dalton, McCown

RB: Bush, Matthews, Miller, Thomas

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Torrey Smith, Hopkins, Shorts, Britt

TE: Dwayne Allen

K: Nick Folk

DEF: Ravens

Cheers Paul, not easy being a gm. That was frantic. Two mistakes but should get who I wanted and a D easily enough. Don't forget to update your trading blocks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Best Draft I've ever had from my perspective. 100% more Tebow than last year.

Raphael wrote: »
    Best Draft I've ever had from my perspective. 100% more Tebow than last year.

Our bet is now legally binding so if Timmy doesn't end up in St Louis you owe me ten eurons good sir

Super Donnelly's. Interested in maclin (I know right). Who from the toon raiders would you be looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Position|Player|Team|Drafted
    QB|Tom Brady|NE|(5)-80
    RB|Alfred Morris|WAS|(2)-17
    RB|Ray Rice|BAL|(4)-49
    WR|A.J. Green|CIN|(1)-16
    WR|Pierre Garcon|WAS|(3)-48
    WR|Aaron Dobson|NE|(9)-144
    TE|Martellus Bennett|CHI|(8)-113
    K|Mason Crosby|GB|(10)145
    DEF|Seattle Seahawks|SEA|(6)-81
    Bench|||
    RB|DeAngelo Williams|CAR|(7)-112
    QB|Eli Manning|NYG|(11)-176
    WR|Jermaine Kearse|SEA|(12)-177
    RB|Robert Turbin|SEA|(13)-208
    WR|Kenbrell Thompkins|NE|(14)-208

Picking 16th
    Very happy with this. Was targeting Russell wilson as my QB with Round 5 Couldn't believe it when I seen Brady There at pick 80. Madness.

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Our bet is now legally binding so if Timmy doesn't end up in St Louis you owe me ten eurons good sir

Only place I know for sure that he's ending up is the waiver wire thursday morning.

Only place I know for sure that he's ending up is the waiver wire thursday morning.

If you keep him for the season I'll give you 50 galactic credits. I drafted well enough in another league and it was a pain trying to drop someone week 1 but having drafted 2 players I didn't mean to it gives a certain freedom. Which is nice

• Advertisement

What'll 50 galactic credits get you down the pub, though?

What'll 50 galactic credits get you down the pub, though?

A baileys and a pack of luxury crips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

missed the draft, hate my team. My own fault.

Glad I'm in 2 other leagues, already writing this one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

im pretty happy with my draft - prob the best outta 3 that im in

Nick Foles - QB
    Matt Forte - RB
    Chris Johnson - RB
    Randal Cobb - WR
    Cordarelle Patterson - WR
    Dwayne Bowe - WR
    Pitta - TE
    Gould - K
    Cardinals - DST

Bench
    Trent Richardson RB
    K Monero RB
    Harry Douglas WR
    Steve Smith WR
    Blake Bortles QB

Im pretty pleased

Still not sure on my team, was all over the place:

Brees QB
    Le'Veon Bell RB
    Terrance West RB
    Andre Johnson WR
    Chris Givens WR
    Kelvin Benjamin WR
    Greg Olson TE
    Blair Walsh K
    Bills Def

Bench
    Alex Smith QB
    James White RB
    Jordan Matthews WR
    Zach Miller TE
    Stephen Gostkowski K

Hoping to get a few trades, mainly for WR

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

im pretty happy with my draft - prob the best outta 3 that im in

Nick Foles - QB
    Matt Forte - RB
    Chris Johnson - RB
    Randal Cobb - WR
    Cordarelle Patterson - WR
    Dwayne Bowe - WR
    Pitta - TE
    Gould - K
    Cardinals - DST

Bench
    Trent Richardson RB
    K Monero RB
    Harry Douglas WR
    Steve Smith WR
    Blake Bortles QB

Im pretty pleased

Good team alright. Plenty of depth too. Cordarrelle Patterson could be this year's Josh Gordon. I expect a big season out of him. I had McCoy no. 1 and Forte no.2 on my board so no worries with Forte, he'll see loads of targets. CJ is a ? but TRich could bounce back and Moreno looks like he's the RB1 in Miami. You have good options. Cobb has ARod throwing to him so should score very well. Pitta was another one I had my eye on who I expect to have a good season. Flacco missed him last year when he was injured. You're looking good. We don't meet until Week 12.

I was happy enough with The Fingal Hail Marys but as always some of the later picks are well dodgy. D/ST and kicker is always a lottery too:

Jay Cutler
    LeSean McCoy
    Stephen Jackson
    Alshon Jeffery
    Roddy White
    Eric Decker
    Antonio Gates
    Saints
    Adam Vinatieri

Carson Palmer
    Mark Ingram
    Malcom Floyd
    Mohamed Sanu
    Travis Kelce

The email I received from NFL.com basically told me I would finish 10th and that I reached for SJax and was mad to pick Palmer. Obviously, I hope I'm a bit better than 10th but who knows what will happen once the season starts. I suppose I need a big bounce back from the Falcons. I don't fancy Week 9 with 4 starters on bye so that's likely a W for Converse Nostars that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

PauloConn wrote: »
    Still not sure on my team, was all over the place:

Brees QB
    Le'Veon Bell RB
    Terrance West RB
    Andre Johnson WR
    Chris Givens WR
    Kelvin Benjamin WR
    Greg Olson TE
    Blair Walsh K
    Bills Def

Bench
    Alex Smith QB
    James White RB
    Jordan Matthews WR
    Zach Miller TE
    Stephen Gostkowski K

Hoping to get a few trades, mainly for WR

You might need another RB too. I think Bell is the only one likely to start Week 1 as both West and White are back ups. Still they'll probably see some limited action and you never know. Having said that I'd say they are an injury to Tate (not hugely unlikely) and a fumble by Ridley (also not a huge stretch) respectively away from a decent workload.

Would you trade Kelvin Benjamin?

Hey Liam

He is my #2 WR unless Matthews breaks into the team, but propably going to hold onto him for a few weeks. Think there's good value in him, but if you'd like to make an offer, i would consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Good team alright. Plenty of depth too. Cordarrelle Patterson could be this year's Josh Gordon. I expect a big season out of him. I had McCoy no. 1 and Forte no.2 on my board so no worries with Forte, he'll see loads of targets. CJ is a ? but TRich could bounce back and Moreno looks like he's the RB1 in Miami. You have good options. Cobb has ARod throwing to him so should score very well. Pitta was another one I had my eye on who I expect to have a good season. Flacco missed him last year when he was injured. You're looking good. We don't meet until Week 12.

always gonna be a risk with richardson, johnson and monero - but 1 of them has to come good and teamed with forte im hoping for 30-35 per week off them. Patterson is being touted as a good player this year but i think cobb will outscore nelson for green bay this year!!
    Liam2012 wrote: »
    I was happy enough with The Fingal Hail Marys but as always some of the later picks are well dodgy. D/ST and kicker is always a lottery too:

Jay Cutler
    LeSean McCoy
    Stephen Jackson
    Alshon Jeffery
    Roddy White
    Eric Decker
    Antonio Gates
    Saints
    Adam Vinatieri

Carson Palmer
    Mark Ingram
    Malcom Floyd
    Mohamed Sanu
    Travis Kelce

The email I received from NFL.com basically told me I would finish 10th and that I reached for SJax and was mad to pick Palmer. Obviously, I hope I'm a bit better than 10th but who knows what will happen once the season starts. I suppose I need a big bounce back from the Falcons. I don't fancy Week 9 with 4 starters on bye so that's likely a W for Converse Nostars that week.

Ingram was massively dissapointing last season so he is due a good year - mccoy - roddy and jeffrey are elite so that makes your base strong - sanu is sleeper for ya and kelce is meant to be clicking well with alex smith - could be interesting for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

always gonna be a risk with richardson, johnson and monero - but 1 of them has to come good and teamed with forte im hoping for 30-35 per week off them. Patterson is being touted as a good player this year but i think cobb will outscore nelson for green bay this year!!

Interseted in trading DeAngelo Williams and/or anyone on my bench (The Monstars)for T-Rich?

Advertisement