Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Defo a good start, notching up over a ton won't hurt..... but fun week indeed and still a DEF to play

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I read somewhere that the projections on NFL.com are based on simulations of the games using Madden Football. I wouldn't put any stock in them. There's a lot of new kickers this year that were projected for 0 which was never going to happen. Plenty of sites give much more reasoned projections but obviously it's difficult to predict the future.

Tough week for the studs. Charles, Bryant, DT, Lacy were all 1st round picks. Better weeks ahead for these surely.
    Struggling myself for the W this week. Leaving Ingram on the bench was the right move but it backfired. I'm not sure he would have given me enough to creep over the line anyway. Saints D let me down big time too. Time to start focussing on next week.

Got walsh kicking for Vikings. Even when they play terrible he's generally good for a loads of long FG attempts. Keeps the board ticking over. Le'Veon Bell was my star player though and looks to the the steelers main carrier....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Will be dropping rice to the waiver wire Thursday if anyone wants to trade for him ill happily trade him but he wont be scoring any points for The Monstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Joemcn95 wrote: »
    Will be dropping rice to the waiver wire Thursday if anyone wants to trade for him ill happily trade him but he wont be scoring any points for The Monstars.

It'll be a brave team to trade for Rice. You might get Tebow for Rice, unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Thought I had a decent chance to win going into last nights game, then Julius Thomas happened. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Only 21 points needed from Floyd. That could happen right?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

So that happened .... injuries, suspensions, Tony Romo. God I love Fantasy Football!

I participate in another league that takes things pretty seriously, and over the years, I've put together a little macro that scrapes stats from the league and give a quick summary of the week.

I'll post the DIV7 one here if people like. Keep in mind though, its all macro driven, so errors may occur. Also, I don't seem to have any formatting privileges here (boards newbie) so I'll try and keep it neat, but it probably could be prettier.

I can't commit to doing this every week, but if people like it, I'll try and keep it up.

WEEK1
    ~
    GAMES

East Kimmage Steelers (114.42)
    Portlaoise Patriots (103.68)

GK and The Mongols (88.12)
    Wilfork for Cash (81.84)

Kerry Kings (87.94)
    Tallaght Band (69.24)

Roebuck Racial Epithets (92.76)
    Toon Raiders (84.3)

The Peeping Tomlinsons (109.9)
    Fumble Mumble (83.94)

The Monstars (82.56)
    Converse Nostars (73.66)

Decker Like Rice (80.84)
    The Fingal Hail Marys (72.26)

Super Donnellys (128.52)
    The Fumblers (60.38)

TOP PERFORMERS
    Total Points - Super Donnellys (128.52)
    QB Points - Super Donnellys (31.42)
    RB Points - East Kimmage Steelers (35.7)
    WR Points - Super Donnellys (53.7)
    TE Points - Roebuck Racial Epithets (28.4)
    K Points - Kerry Kings (17)
    DEF Points - Wilfork for Cash (20)

WEEKLY AWARDS

Tough Beat Award
    Portlaoise Patriots (103.68) score 4th highest total points and lost to East Kimmage Steelers (114.42). Here's hoping for a more favourable matchup next week

Bench Champs Award
    The Final Hail Mary's stash 47% of their total available points on the bench - Active (72) Bench (64). Could that have been the difference in a loss vs. Decker Like Rice (8pts)?

Stress Dream Award
    Wilfork for Cash loses by a crushing 6 points. Worst Monday night's sleep ever

Teabag Award
    The Fumblers have to lie back and take it as the Super Donnellys win by the league's largest margin (68pts)

Greebow, thats fairly solid looking, will only increase the reputation of the division, keep it up.
    some big decisions to be made ahead of week 2

I win the Stress Dream Award, pretty apt! Cool round-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

thanks greebow thats a cool roundup!! tinker time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hard luck Tallaght Band.

I thought I was done for going into last night, 9 points down and only one player each playing.

Mathew Stafford really pulled it out of the fire for me.

I hate Andy Reid, Jamaal Charles scored a measly 3 points.

My MVP award is split between Stafford (obviously) and Matt Bryant who got me a tasty 17 points from Kicker position, thanks to two big kicks, one to tie the game and one to win in overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

DDC1990 wrote: »

I hate Andy Reid, Jamaal Charles scored a measly 3 points.

I've been an Eagles fan for years and it seems that Andy Reid just plain hates running the ball. I have spent so many frustrating evenings watch Brian Westbrook and LeSean McCoy block for mediocre quarterbacks instead of getting the opportunity to run the ball down the other guys throats!

I think last year was the exception that proves the rule!

When do waivers go through???? Need to restock the team

Thursday 11th. Can't come soon enough. Remember that the order does not reset every week, so once you move to the top of the waiver wire you stay there until you make a pick, so use picks wisely.

Wisely???? Don't know the meaning of the word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

jonnybadd wrote: »
    Thought I had a decent chance to win going into last nights game, then Julius Thomas happened. Ugh
    Long may he continue to happen.
    DBIreland wrote: »
    It'll be a brave team to trade for Rice. You might get Tebow for Rice, unlikely though.
    Lol, nope.

So, did everyone have a good week or make some unbelievable gaff's on the selections?
    I left Gostkowski on the bench and took Walsh at "home" instead.... epic fail, 11 points wasted. Bill defence had an absolute stormer so that was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

I was doing well until Kaepernick decided to throw interceptions and Cutler to throw touchdowns...
    Not over yet, but tonight against LeSean I'm not feeling too positive...
    I've also left Sammy Watkins on the bench...

aferru wrote: »
    I was doing well until Kaepernick decided to throw interceptions and Cutler to throw touchdowns...
    Not over yet, but tonight against LeSean I'm not feeling too positive...
    I've also left Sammy Watkins on the bench...

You're up against me so. 2nd week in a row I've left loads of points on my bench. Still I don't think anyone could have convinced me to start Gates v Seahawks. Asiata was another that I had to leave out for a week to see how he fared. On top of that I dropped Sanu. If I can get the W I won't complain too much though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, didn't think Gates would put up a game like that either. massive score

Liam2012 wrote: »
    You're up against me so. 2nd week in a row I've left loads of points on my bench. Still I don't think anyone could have convinced me to start Gates v Seahawks. Asiata was another that I had to leave out for a week to see how he fared. On top of that I dropped Sanu. If I can get the W I won't complain too much though.

Cutler killed me last night and I think LeSean will finished the job, a bit unlucky with DeSean Jackson getting injured so early in the game, but I'm glad you benched Gates!
    And Asiata was a smart FA move, I think it will paid off during the season, unless AP returns...

aferru wrote: »
    Cutler killed me last night and I think LeSean will finished the job, a bit unlucky with DeSean Jackson getting injured so early in the game, but I'm glad you benched Gates!
    And Asiata was a smart FA move, I think it will paid off during the season, unless AP returns...

Thanks, Asiata should produce solid numbers behind that O-line. Gives him a high floor and gives me a bit of depth as trade bait or for when the byes start kick in after next week.

There was a ridiculous amount of injuries this week. I'd expect the Waiver wire to get busy this week and some trades to start happening.

ah lads im having a brutal week - and so is kerry kings - he has 50 points on the bench and i am winning with barely 60 points - ive foles tonight which should see about 15-20 points - but so lucky tbh!! like forte getting 3.60 points - charles out injured at 1.6 points - ap not playing - lacy at 6.10 - even lynch at 12 aint great for first 6 picks in the draft! Crazy stuff - this season is gonna be a sleeper fest - gotta find them now!!

Packers and jets was a super game last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

ah lads im having a brutal week - and so is kerry kings - he has 50 points on the bench and i am winning with barely 60 points - ive foles tonight which should see about 15-20 points - but so lucky tbh!! like forte getting 3.60 points - charles out injured at 1.6 points - ap not playing - lacy at 6.10 - even lynch at 12 aint great for first 6 picks in the draft! Crazy stuff - this season is gonna be a sleeper fest - gotta find them now!!

Packers and jets was a super game last night
    I'm hoping for minus points from Foles tonight :P

42.44 points is a lifetime worst for me. Just a woeful week.

10 points total between my RB 1 and 2 and my WR 1 and 2.

Looking to trade for a WR.

Will trade any of my RB's:

Jamaal Charles
    Fred Jackson
    Darren McFadden
    Bobby Rainey

Will need decent compensation (especially for Charles)

Another ugly week from me, my team are awful and since it is a 16 man league there are slim pickings on in FA or the waiver wire.

Not looking forward to Greenbows recap!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Awful week. I lost count of how many points were lost because of flags, including a 60+ yard TD from Demaryius Thomas. Ugh!

Ryan Mathews looks goosed for a while too.

Can't believe Darren Sproles did a monster performance but I've lost anyway.
    Kaepernick really sank me on sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

That was one of the craziest weeks in a long time. The amount of injuries to big players and inactives were insane. Feel sorry for whoever took Peterson as a 1st or 2nd pick. He is probably done now for the year.

Having said all that....2 and oh baby!!!!

• Advertisement

peterson is active for sunday!! i dunno for how long but vikes say he will play!! Interesting!! But look at Moreno(4-8 weeks), Matthews (5-6 weeks), Martin (unknown yet), ingram (4 weeks), aj green (3 weeks), charles (2-3 weeks), rg3 (unknown) - this thing with peterson - there is an awful lot of fantasy studs fast becoming busts!! i know its a bit early to say that but considering the shortest absence can make massive difference!!

And the use of the term studs did not include Mark Ingram!!! haha

Advertisement