Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

Ok...my petition..please do not have it 29th/30th or 31st....Electric Picnic weekend and College game.

9pm would be a good time or later...the kids will be in bed and I wont have anyone hogging my broadband or pulling and dragging at me to parent them.

Thank you!!!!

edit : actually I can only do 9pm on the Monday or Tuesday. What will be will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

kinda agree with sentiments from the lads that the penn state game is on the 30th so that day is prob a no go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paul, there is a problem with the Doodle.

Anyone can edit anyone's preference, and someone edited mine, without my notice.

I'd suggest another way of voting, because someone has an agenda here.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Joemcn95

Any of those times should suit me, But went for 1st of sept 9pm as it seems to be the most popular and gives a bit of time to anyone who wants to trade players etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

1st looks like it could be the winner.
    DDC, if we want, people can confirm their selections on this forum and i can reconcile them. Will keep everyone honest as you say. Although i did pick 1st September @ 9pm.

• Advertisement

Can you remember how long last years draft took Paul?

I know there was a bit of messing around with the settings, but if it starts on time 9pm should be grand on the 1st. Whjat we don't want is it starting at 11 or so and going late into the night.

Last year it took about 60-90 minutes if i remember rightly.... but was doing 2 at the same time. Was good fun though, not sure how to plan it. Was tough

Yeah, thanks for doing it Paul. Seriously tough to organise.

wasnt last year like last minute or something and it was like 1am or something cos it was delayed and delayed!! the 1st @ 9 suits me fine so think thats ahead at the moment

There were issues cause when people logged in it dumped them into some random draft with other people instead of linking them into the proper one so we'll need to take a look at that again. Anyway, make sure your draft list is up to date, some people will not make it and thats just due to the numbers. But We'll have it for whatever time is agreed and we'll take 30 minutes to get it kicked off. Then let it run.
    Last year was 11 before it actually started i think. Did get messy, but at least people still remember it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭aferru

Ok I've cast my vote for the 29th. The 30th is game day and I'm going away the 31st!
    It looks like I'll have to draft from Sardinia... The 1st is better than the 31st anyway for me...

We have half the votes from the division and the 1st September @ 9pm looks like its going to be the date.
    That said, we still have 8 votes to get cast and a couple of weeks to do it in.

Last year was a killer (no ones fault)...I was waiting and waiting...and gave up just minutes before it started at 11. Ended up spending the season trading and waivering my ass off to victory. Was a lot of work but huge satisfaction at the end. The more I see of these leagues the more I believe you are better off not getting the team you really want at the start apart from a few obvious players of course.

Yeah and with so many people in the league, unless you're #1 you're more than likelt not going to get the team you want. So the fun part is really getting into the roster, seeing the depth and where it's going to come from. And saying that, everyone else is in the same boat so the trading gets cut throat later on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do we find out the draft order prior to the draft lads or is it just on the night once it begins that we see the order?

I think its a random on the night. If we kick things off in an orderly fashion we might know just in advance but get the selection list updated as soon as possible

Not to put undue pressure on anyone but the following "team players" haven't voted yet.....

Greebow
    jonnybadd
    Liam2012
    McG
    Mcrannp
    randomcluster
    Raphael
    Smcglan

Lets go folks. Do me proud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Sorry folks, just added my preferences now, anytime on the 29th, 1st, or 2nd suits

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭randomCluster

a bit late here too. don't mind what date. a 10pm would be ideal - but 9 will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Greebow

Folks,

Just back from a few days away and glad to see the banter has already started.

I've updated my prefs for the draft, but to be honest, most times suit. Pro tip - you can now do a draft from the NFL.com fantasy App. Good news for those that can't be in front of a computer on the night.

Best of luck to everyone this year, and thanks to Paul for organising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I hadn't voted yet because I'm lazy and wanted to wait till there were less choices to figure out if I was free on. September 1st works for me.

Folks, just had a look and the draft date is officially going to be the 1st September @ 9pm......
    get looking through the rosters and building a listing

So lads, a little bit more than a week to go...
    How are you preparing your strategies, anything you would like to share here? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I've tried doing a few mock drafts but there are no 16 team mocks available on NFL.com so not sure how useful it will be.

When will we know the order of the draft? Any chance we can find out a few days before the draft so we can start planning?

Ye, that's true, 14 teams at the most, but mainly up to 12 teams on NFL.com...

just did a 20 team draft on thursday - that was tough - but there is so much depth in the league this year we should all have fairly good teams!
    I found this http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/ which is good for mock drafts for up to 32 teams

Am I right in thinking this year the team lineup is 3 WR's and 2 RB's and no Flex unlike last year?

Yep, no flex this year, i didn't have it setup properly last year so its now in line with everyone else.
    Draft pick dates closes today although its just a formality.
    No sight of the draft order but when i set it up later it may kick in
    And don't forget, this draft will be carnage, it's so tough with 16 GM's all fighting for the same people so make sure you've got good depth in your picks.
    And remember, its a game and its for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

PauloConn wrote: »
    Yep, no flex this year, i didn't have it setup properly last year so its now in line with everyone else.
    Draft pick dates closes today although its just a formality.
    No sight of the draft order but when i set it up later it may kick in
    And don't forget, this draft will be carnage, it's so tough with 16 GM's all fighting for the same people so make sure you've got good depth in your picks.
    And remember, its a game and its for fun.

Draft order is randomly generated when the live draft room opens half an hour before the draft

• Advertisement

Excellent, that clears up the draft order anyway

Advertisement