Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP? Or 3 good strikers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

If I had Aguero I'd captain him especially this week of all weeks. I just hope Silva will be enough coverage until the WC next week

Worried about him not starting though... Might give it to Walcott since those games are generally high scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

JokerD wrote: »
    Yep he could start but Negredo has done well in the time he's had so far and maybe Pellegrini would like to take a look at him from the start of the game. So one of the others may have to settle for the bench while Pellegrini experiments.
    Padkir wrote: »
    Worried about him not starting though... Might give it to Walcott since those games are generally high scoring.

True but even 20 minutes against Hull could yield a great haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im starting to think I might leave rvp out of my wildcard team next week. As has been mentioned rooney staying is probably a slight negative for rvps points potential. If moyes leaves rooney out the press will be all over it and I wouldnt be surprised if rvp plays less than he did last year. Fergie basically played him in every game. How will Moyes deal with the whole squad rotation issue none of us know and its not something he has had to deal with at everton. Nani,zaha, A young, kagawa, hernandez are all going to need gametime over the next couple of months. The other thing thats concerning me is the fixture list.
    Sep 14 Palace H
    Sep 17 Cl game
    Sep 22 city A
    sep24 liverpool CC
    Sep 28 Wba H
    Oct 1 Cl game
    Oct5 Sunderland A
    2 international games for holland
    Oct 19 southampton H
    Oct 22 Cl game
    Oct 26 Stoke H.
    It really depends on the CL draw for me if the 3 cl fixtures are difficult rvp will play in them games so I think I'll go without rvp as I think he will also play in the Carling cup game against liverpool.
    I only want to pay 14 million for rvp if I feel I can captain him with no doubts of him being rested. Palace at home wba at home if the CL draw is tough would make me worried about rvp starting.
    I did feel rvp would be rested around the madrid game last year though and he wasnt so maybe I'm over thinking this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Im starting to think I might leave rvp out of my wildcard team next week. As has been mentioned rooney staying is probably a slight negative for rvps points potential. If moyes leaves rooney out the press will be all over it and I wouldnt be surprised if rvp plays less than he did last year. Fergie basically played him in every game. How will Moyes deal with the whole squad rotation issue none of us know and its not something he has had to deal with at everton. Nani,zaha, A young, kagawa, hernandez are all going to need gametime over the next couple of months. The other thing thats concerning me is the fixture list.
    Sep 14 Palace H
    Sep 17 Cl game
    Sep 22 city A
    sep24 liverpool CC
    Sep 28 Wba H
    Oct 1 Cl game
    Oct5 Sunderland A
    2 international games for holland
    Oct 19 southampton H
    Oct 22 Cl game
    Oct 26 Stoke H.
    It really depends on the CL draw for me if the 3 cl fixtures are difficult rvp will play in them games so I think I'll go without rvp as I think he will also play in the Carling cup game against liverpool.
    I only want to pay 14 million for rvp if I feel I can captain him with no doubts of him being rested. Palace at home wba at home if the CL draw is tough would make me worried about rvp starting.
    I did feel rvp would be rested around the madrid game last year though and he wasnt so maybe I'm over thinking this.

Always a risk but I'm thinking Moyes will want to start his Man United career the best way possible and might not jig the team around too much.

I'm in a similar dilemma, playing my wildcard so if I want RVP it's best to do it now. Very expensive though.

Always a risk but I'm thinking Moyes will want to start his Man United career the best way possible and might not jig the team around too much.

I'm in a similar dilemma, playing my wildcard so if I want RVP it's best to do it now. Very expensive though.

The problem is we dont know how moyes will approach the keeping the squad happy issue. In many ways I think that was fergusons greatest strength everyone felt involved and everyone got gametime. Last year I think he moved away from it a bit but in hindsight that was because he knew he was stepping down.
    Its a world cup year so players will be itching for gametime there are 4 attacking positions up for grabs between rvp, hernandez, rooney, wellbeck, kagawa, valencia, nani, young, giggs, zaha.
    An easy Cl group and rvp can sit them games out a tough one and I think he is going to have to sit out a league game or two.
    I do get your point about moyes going all out to win the league so who knows what he will do. I just dont think I'll be spending 14 million if I have any doubts.

• Advertisement

The problem is we dont know how moyes will approach the keeping the squad happy issue. In many ways I think that was fergusons greatest strength everyone felt involved and everyone got gametime. Last year I think he moved away from it a bit but in hindsight that was because he knew he was stepping down.
    Its a world cup year so players will be itching for gametime there are 4 attacking positions up for grabs between rvp, hernandez, rooney, wellbeck, kagawa, valencia, nani, young, giggs, zaha.
    An easy Cl group and rvp can sit them games out a tough one and I think he is going to have to sit out a league game or two.
    I do get your point about moyes going all out to win the league so who knows what he will do. I just dont think I'll be spending 14 million if I have any doubts.

Just picking the two most expensive strikers
    RVP mins last season 3123 Points 263

Aguero mins last season 1944 Points 1121
    (I know he had injuries)
    Aguero year before minutes 2576 Points 211

Just goes to show that RVP has really put the minutes in. If you went for Aguero, you may also have the same worry as Pellegrini could be a rotator.

Ye're meant to be telling me it'll all be sunshine and lollipops if I pick both RVP and Aguero :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

In the next 2 weeks I'm gonna get rid of RVP and 2 useless strikers for Benteke, Giroud and Sturridge if I can. Bound to get more points each week than RVP.

Just picking the two most expensive strikers
    RVP mins last season 3123 Points 263

Aguero mins last season 1944 Points 1121
    (I know he had injuries)
    Aguero year before minutes 2576 Points 211

Just goes to show that RVP has really put the minutes in. If you went for Aguero, you may also have the same worry as Pellegrini could be a rotator.

Ye I think it was to do with fergie stepping down he went all out to win the league and basically played his best player all the time. Rooneys minutes in the seasons before rvp when he was the main striker in most of those teams 2830,2225,2711,2266,2181,2923. Obviously there was injuries in some of those seasons for rooney but it was very unlike fergie to play one player as much as he did. If rvp was signed earlier last year you could add on another 100 + mins aswell to his total.Thats 3/4 games more than rooney in rooneys best years.
    Anyway going way off point here because Moyes is the manager now and he could opt to do the exact same with rvp. I'll steer clear of aguero aswell as I think he faces the even more rotation issues than rvp from sept to dec and is too expensive if not always on the pitch. Dzeko at 7.5 is someone I could deal with being rotated.
    Sturridge and Soldado are going to be 2 of my front 3 as they will play week in week out. I want Rvp to be my 3rd striker but am weighing it up at the minute. Utd could potentially get a Dortmund, napoli , psg group I think I read somewhere.

Ye I think it was to do with fergie stepping down he went all out to win the league and basically played his best player all the time. Rooneys minutes in the seasons before rvp when he was the main striker in most of those teams 2830,2225,2711,2266,2181,2923. Obviously there was injuries in some of those seasons for rooney but it was very unlike fergie to play one player as much as he did. If rvp was signed earlier last year you could add on another 100 + mins aswell to his total.Thats 3/4 games more than rooney in rooneys best years.
    Anyway going way off point here because Moyes is the manager now and he could opt to do the exact same with rvp. I'll steer clear of aguero aswell as I think he faces the even more rotation issues than rvp from sept to dec and is too expensive if not always on the pitch. Dzeko at 7.5 is someone I could deal with being rotated.
    Sturridge and Soldado are going to be 2 of my front 3 as they will play week in week out. I want Rvp to be my 3rd striker but am weighing it up at the minute. Utd could potentially get a Dortmund, napoli , ajax group I think I read somewhere.

I can get a frontline of Aguero, Sturridge and Benteke if I keep a £5m defender

or

Aguero, Sturridge and Lambert with the inclusion of Walker in defence who I think is the better option due to his attacking play.

So the question is Lambert or Benteke, toughie.

With RVP, my forward line is RVP, Sturridge and Dzeko but I need to downgrade a £9m midfielder to about £5.5m to accomodate RVP. I can interchange Dzeko if he's getting rotated and if I downgrade a £6m defender to £5m, I can have RVP, Sturridge and enough for a £9.5m forward.

It's tricky because you could have a cheaper alternative that will bag more points, people are swayed by price tag sometimes.

• Advertisement

It's tricky because you could have a cheaper alternative that will bag more points, people are swayed by price tag sometimes.

thats so true

I'm going to stop trying to think about the WC and everything until after the fixtures are played and we can see how everyone fares. I'm slowly considering removing RVP but at home to Palace it would be mad to do so. I want to see who comes in and Lamela could be a fantastic option if he's classed as a mid and under 9.5 i.e 9.0 or lower.

We'll just have to play the waiting game but I think my team will look much stronger heading into GW4 that's for sure just not sure what it'll be only that I have about 20 odd names floating around with a few bolters readying themselves.

Michu or Bony could begin to feature in a few sides sooner rather than later too I'd say.

I'm going to stop trying to think about the WC and everything until after the fixtures are played and we can see how everyone fares. I'm slowly considering removing RVP but at home to Palace it would be mad to do so. I want to see who comes in and Lamela could be a fantastic option if he's classed as a mid and under 9.5 i.e 9.0 or lower.

We'll just have to play the waiting game but I think my team will look much stronger heading into GW4 that's for sure just not sure what it'll be only that I have about 20 odd names floating around with a few bolters readying themselves.

Michu or Bony could begin to feature in a few sides sooner rather than later too I'd say.

The way I see it is that if you bring in RVP, you can hold on to him for a couple of weeks and then if the rest of your team is suffering you can sell him and another player and probably get a 9m striker and midfielder to replace him with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I always said i'd have RVP "as things stood" but Etoo signing for Chelsea could make me rethink things depending on his price, if he was 10.0 just say I think a strikeforce of suarez, etoo and soldado would trump RVP, soldado and chamakh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I always said i'd have RVP "as things stood" but Etoo signing for Chelsea could make me rethink things depending on his price, if he was 10.0 just say I think a strikeforce of suarez, etoo and soldado would trump RVP, soldado and chamakh.

Eto'o is a huge rotation risk IMO. He's not the striker he once was, and Lukaku and Torres aren't exactly bad options (I presume Ba will be offloaded).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Redskinsdog

I agree with you.

Eto'o is a huge rotation risk IMO. He's not the striker he once was, and Lukaku and Torres aren't exactly bad options (I presume Ba will be offloaded).

ah well i'll see how it pans out over a few weeks but it appears to me that Jose doesn't particulary like any of the current 3 strikers. says a lot about them when he chooses to play with no out and out striker v united, i know this was partly tactical too but i wouldn't be too confident of any of those 3 getting regular games. he may not be the striker he was 2 or 3 years ago but he was always an out and out goalscorer and playing infront of such a creative midfield he'll get lots of chances.
    but yeah he could be a rotation risk, will see how it pans out and what his price is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hogey007 wrote: »

I won't be having ANY chelsea attacking players for a while I'd say. I can see Jose rotating far to much for comfort.

It's early days yet. Lukaku will become first choice I reckon if he gets some form in some cup games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Eto'o wasn't even top scorer at Anzhi last season, and when José had him at Inter he was played out wide left. I think it would be more prudent to wait tbh, he's not someone that inspires me to draft him in straight away.

Lamela would be a better shout imo, if they're at the same price. 15 goals in 33 appearances last season in Serie A. Price and position will decide if I'm bringing him in.

• Advertisement

i wasn't talking about etoo as an option for now, i'm talking about a few weeks down the line if he's playing regular and as a central striker.

i think he'll be doing both, it's the one thing chelsea are really lacking, with the wealth of midfielders and wingers chelsea have there'll be no need to play him out of position like at inter. plus there's no milito, there's torres who is a shadow of the player he was, and lukaku.
    i could be wrong, and i will admit, i know little (and by little, i mean nothing:D) about him since he left italy, but he could be a good option.

will still be sticking with RVP for now anyway but that could be changed in a month's time, it's much easier to change down from RVP anyway as you can afford anyone you want.

soldado, sturridge, bent when I wildcard. Looking at the next 6 Gws all 3 have great fixtures and should have no rotation issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I feel like all this Bent hype should wait until at least he's played a full 90 minute game. He might still be lacking match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

jolim24601 wrote: »
    I feel like all this Bent hype should wait until at least he's played a full 90 minute game. He might still be lacking match fitness.

He played 120 minutes in the Cup Tuesday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP with Bent and Soldado after my WC,all 3 certain starters and best combo i can have given the defender bias on BP's

dahat wrote: »
    RVP with Bent and Soldado after my WC,all 3 certain starters and best combo i can have given the defender bias on BP's

What's the rest of your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's the rest of your team?

47ebdd482fbaabd0add76e38efd48a01.png

Auguero is there for the Hull game only as i fear a goal fest. I am in WC,an error i know so i am using it to try the 5-2-3 system.

Walcott and Silva are must haves in this system imo

Giving RVP 2 more gw, liverpool and crystal palace and then wildcard I think. Might even use it after the internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd love a front line of RVP, Soldado and Bent, but every time I draft it I can't help but feel the other parts of my team are not as strong as I would like.

I'll go with a back four and midfield three full of heavy hitters plus Soldado, Bent and probably Sturridge up front.

• Advertisement

At the minute I have RVP, Dzeko and Soldado.

I'm happy with it but if Dzeko is dropped or rotated I'd love to get Sturridge. I'd imagine budget constraints will mean I'll go for Bent.

Advertisement