Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP? Or 3 good strikers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

So RVPs price will rise over the next couple of days. If he bangs in a couple tonight he'll be 14.2 or 14.3 by Saturday morning. That's going to make that little bit harder again to fit him into a team with the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

No chance once Berba is on the pitch he will take the penalties.

Did he take them for United? I thought others like Rooney were ahead of him in the pecking order there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

G1032 wrote: »
    So RVPs price will rise over the next couple of days. If he bangs in a couple tonight he'll be 14.2 or 14.3 by Saturday morning. That's going to make that little bit harder again to fit him into a team with the WC

How do you know?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How do you know?

By monitoring the price rise sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

How do you know?

FISO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I've RVP, Dzeko & Benteke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

G1032 wrote: »

If he doesnt score tonight his price won't rise. If he scores 1 I can't see his price going past 14.1 this week, as too many people have him already, and there are too many other strikers doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did he take them for United? I thought others like Rooney were ahead of him in the pecking order there.

he has been taking them successfully for fulham doesnt strike me as the type of individual that will give up taking the pens

he has been taking them successfully for fulham doesnt strike me as the type of individual that will give up taking the pens

All the talk is of Berba playing now in a more withdrawn role and Bent being the main striker.

Fulham need a goal scorer and what better way to get Bent's confidence up than letting him take them.

I think it's a great bit of business by Jol tbh. He's got a proven top drawer PL striker on loan, a player who is only 29 so far from past it.

All the talk is of Berba playing now in a more withdrawn role and Bent being the main striker.

Fulham need a goal scorer and what better way to get Bent's confidence up than letting him take them.

I think it's a great bit of business by Jol tbh. He's got a proven top drawer PL striker on loan, a player who is only 29 so far from past it.

it would antagonise fulhams captain and best player though so cant see the sense in it myself. Anyway bent is a great signing both in real terms and ff. The peno issue depending on what way it goes is probably a 15/20 pt swing.Turns him from a good option to a very good option imo.

• Advertisement

it would antagonise fulhams captain and best player though so cant see the sense in it myself. Anyway bent is a great signing both in real terms and ff. The peno issue depending on what way it goes is probably a 15/20 pt swing.Turns him from a good option to a very good option imo.

Ah but you're assuming it would antagonise him.

Bent is now the main striker at the club. Berba is a creator.

As he didn't take penos at United, why would it anger him for the primary goal scoring striker at Fulham to take them?

I just think there has to be some doubt there until Fulham get a peno and both are on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Whoever is the penalty taker should take penalties. In my eyes it'd be madness to take somebody of Berb's class of penalty duties unless Bent really would be better?

Whoever is the penalty taker should take penalties. In my eyes it'd be madness to take somebody of Berb's class of penalty duties unless Bent really would be better?

I just remember an article from a few years back where Steve Bruce said Bent was one of the best penalty takers he'd ever seen.

I don't know where you could get stats about penos taken/missed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

As a matter of interest how did the RvP teams get on? Especially those who captained him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I just remember an article from a few years back where Steve Bruce said Bent was one of the best penalty takers he'd ever seen.

I don't know where you could get stats about penos taken/missed etc.

He used to give me heart palpitations whenever he stepped up to take a penalty for us :pac: He seemed to always scuff them and the keeper would nearly always go the right way, but still the ball would end up in the back of the net.

Searching for an exact statistic I could only find one and while not exact, it did state he had scored 50 Premier League goals of which 10 were penalties from 2007-2011. I think he missed 3 in that period (2 in 1 game against Spurs for us).

Don't expect any assists from him though. He had 1 in 63 games the last time I checked.

He will be going into my team once I wildcard next week. An absolute bargain at £6.5m and will score 12-15 this season IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

THFC wrote: »
    As a matter of interest how did the RvP teams get on? Especially those who captained him.

i got 56 this week with RVP, i think that's a reasonable score for this week, although it's hard to guage things on a weekly basis, for instance this week RVP did f**k all in a poor game but my squad players like brady performed well.

i think it's fairer to judge it over a 4 or 5 week period, because i got lucky that my 4th mid did so well but RVP was involved in a game where both managers were happy to get a draw.

i'd be surprised if RVP got more than 6 or 7 points v liverpool at the weekend either but after that it's open season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i got 56 this week with RVP, i think that's a reasonable score for this week, although it's hard to guage things on a weekly basis, for instance this week RVP did f**k all in a poor game but my squad players like brady performed well.

i think it's fairer to judge it over a 4 or 5 week period, because i got lucky that my 4th mid did so well but RVP was involved in a game where both managers were happy to get a draw.

i'd be surprised if RVP got more than 6 or 7 points v liverpool at the weekend either but after that it's open season.

With the way the BP system is shaping up I'm starting to think RvP will be worth. At the minute I have a very balanced team, but I'm thinking of downgrading 2 of midfielders for van Persie. I think defenders will outscore midfs, as a clean sheet, depending on who gets it, is worth min 6 points. 4-3-3 is definitely looking like the formation of choice. I know it's very early but I'm worried that I'm not acting quick enough, and if I do act, I'm worried that it's too rash. The joys of being a fantasy manager..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

THFC wrote: »
    With the way the BP system is shaping up I'm starting to think RvP will be worth. At the minute I have a very balanced team, but I'm thinking of downgrading 2 of midfielders for van Persie. I think defenders will outscore midfs, as a clean sheet, depending on who gets it, is worth min 6 points. 4-3-3 is definitely looking like the formation of choice. I know it's very early but I'm worried that I'm not acting quick enough, and if I do act, I'm worried that it's too rash. The joys of being a fantasy manager..:o

as i said to you in a post the other day, everyone has their own style and some prefer a balanced squad but i'll try get a very good starting 11 and hope my subs aren't called on much but try make sure they play when i need them. you can create a good team around RVP by picking up some of the bargain players, there's value to be had in toure at 5.0, vidic at 6.0, terry at 6.0, even dawson at 5.0 you can still pick 2 top quality mid's and 1 very good mid, along with a bargain mid like brady, redmond, rosicky. and have a very good striker like soldado or benteke alongside RVP. it's worth looking at, things might change before the window closes, chelsea might sign a striker who's nailed on to play but as things stand i can't look past RVP, i know i can captain him almost any week, as good as city's strikers are i could never captain any of them and that really takes away from their value. as things stand, RVP soldado and one other looks like a great strikeforce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Hogey007 wrote: »
    as i said to you in a post the other day, everyone has their own style and some prefer a balanced squad but i'll try get a very good starting 11 and hope my subs aren't called on much but try make sure they play when i need them. you can create a good team around RVP by picking up some of the bargain players, there's value to be had in toure at 5.0, vidic at 6.0, terry at 6.0, even dawson at 5.0 you can still pick 2 top quality mid's and 1 very good mid, along with a bargain mid like brady, redmond, rosicky. and have a very good striker like soldado or benteke alongside RVP. it's worth looking at, things might change before the window closes, chelsea might sign a striker who's nailed on to play but as things stand i can't look past RVP, i know i can captain him almost any week, as good as city's strikers are i could never captain any of them and that really takes away from their value. as things stand, RVP soldado and one other looks like a great strikeforce.

Seriously caught in two minds, I'm looking at VanPersie or Aguero,

With VanPersie; Dzeko VanPersie Sturridge

With Aguero; Beneteke Aguero Sturridge

Just don't know what to do at the minute, is Aguero worth £11m if people can envisage City rotation. I thought Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic being big men might be fighting for a place as Aguero does a different job. However I haven't seen enough of the new lads to make a definite call, just going by bits I seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I know a lad who has Benteke, Aguero and Van Persie as his starting forward line. That's £34 million he has spent on only three players. He has also managed to squeeze Hazard and Navas in there.

Unsurprisingly, the rest of his team is crap, bar Coleman, and he is languishing down in 1,500,000th place or thereabouts.

If getting RvP into your team, don't do what that chap has done.

• Advertisement

As a current owner of the new 14.0 model of RVP a thought struck me on Monday night. What if Rooney actually stays and soaks up some of RVP's goals or chance to score goals? This could be a problem going forward as evidenced when Rooney didn't pass to RVP on occasion when he could/should have. It worries me as an FPL owner and simply confuses me as a United fan.

An example would be this:

tumblr_ms6gdgXBjM1qc85nuo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

When Rooney is out to prove himself he can be quite scary. Always a fair punt imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

As a current owner of the new 14.0 model of RVP a thought struck me on Monday night. What if Rooney actually stays and soaks up some of RVP's goals or chance to score goals? This could be a problem going forward as evidenced when Rooney didn't pass to RVP on occasion when he could/should have. It worries me as an FPL owner and simply confuses me as a United fan.

An example would be this:

tumblr_ms6gdgXBjM1qc85nuo1_400.gif

United Fan that's too tight to fork out 14m but at the same time, as a fan, would let Rooney off with no tears if we brought in a top drawer CM'er.

My head is melted.

RVP too expensive, cheaper alternatives to DDG, haven't a clue what will pan out in midfield so staying away = One very conflicted United supporter with only Vidic in the team and hoping City hammer Hull etc etc...
    I need go for a bath....and I might just bring the iron with me.

RVP aside, Moyes needs to start building a better Fantasy Football team fast :D

To answer your question, yes I think Rooney hanging around will have an impact.
    I think it increases the chances of RVP getting less points and also of him being rested altogether for some games, I don't know if they'll go with the trio of Welbeck, Rooney and RVP that often... I didn't seem to work on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Depending on how the Rooney transfer plays out....my plan after the WC qualifiers will be to have a strikeforce of Rooney, Aguero, Sturridge. I already have Aguero & Sturridge, so I will be transferring Dzeko & Hazard out for Rooney & Hernandez of Swansea.

Barring no injuries etc my team will be

Mignolet

Coleman Whittaker Lescott

Coutinho Silva Ben Afra Hernandez

Rooney Sturridge Aguero

Subs; Speroni, Bellamy, Ward & Brayford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I've left out RVP and this is my team for the weekend. Will be stronger once Hazard and Ivanovic are back.

Padkir wrote: »
    I've left out RVP and this is my team for the weekend. Will be stronger once Hazard and Ivanovic are back.

Hope the Aguero risk pays off, he hasn't really had a pre-season. Dzeko unlikely to be dropped after his goal V Cardiff and Negredo has made impacts off the bench. Very tricky situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

JokerD wrote: »
    Hope the Aguero risk pays off, he hasn't really had a pre-season. Dzeko unlikely to be dropped after his goal V Cardiff and Negredo has made impacts off the bench. Very tricky situation.

Yeah it's a risk, but he looked sharp so far even without a proper pre-season. Might take captaincy off him but he'll def be starting up front for me.

JokerD wrote: »

aguero scored the week before though and made the dzeko goal and completed the 90 mins.I have dzeko but would feel a lot more confident if i had aguero instead this weekend.

Padkir wrote: »
    Yeah it's a risk, but he looked sharp so far even without a proper pre-season. Might take captaincy off him but he'll def be starting up front for me.

If I had Aguero I'd captain him especially this week of all weeks. I just hope Silva will be enough coverage until the WC next week

• Advertisement

If I had Aguero I'd captain him especially this week of all weeks. I just hope Silva will be enough coverage until the WC next week

Yep he could start but Negredo has done well in the time he's had so far and maybe Pellegrini would like to take a look at him from the start of the game. So one of the others may have to settle for the bench while Pellegrini experiments.

Advertisement