Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RVP? Or 3 good strikers.

Options
  • 24-08-2013 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

I suppose this could go into rate my team thread but looking at changing a few players.

I have RVP and 2 strikers that add nothing (Graham and Moore).

Do ye think more points would be got by bringing in Benteke, Sturridge and Giroud and also bringing in Morrison (won't be played) instead of Tarrabt?

Won't make any changes for a week anyways yet.

QONDDbB.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's an RVP-ish thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056994985

Whether we want a fresh one and close the old one or not we should try and keep all the talk in the same thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

There's an RVP-ish thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056994985

Whether we want a fresh one and close the old one or not we should try and keep all the talk in the same thread?

Yeah sorry I didn't even look before I created this :o A mod can move it if they feel it's necessary to merge?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

ah maybe it's time for the old one to go, most of that talk was pre season and not as relevant now, we also don't have Bale to worry about anymore.

But you say RVP or 3 good strikers? it's very easy to get RVP and 1 good striker and 1 weakish one.

I have RVP, soldado and anelka, i could change anelka to darren bent but might opt for a cheaper striker like chamakh to upgrade my defence a bit.

In midfield I have walcott, hazard and oscar so i'm not exactly put out a weak midfield either.

edit: my defence is on the weak side at present but i have 1.8 in the bank and would get another .5 if i change chamakh in for anelka.

i'd see my final defence when i get to spend my extra money as something like coleman - k.toure - vidic/terry/zab and then turner and shaw to rotate if and when i need a fourth defender, i don't see that as being too bad.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    ah maybe it's time for the old one to go, most of that talk was pre season and not as relevant now, we also don't have Bale to worry about anymore.

But you say RVP or 3 good strikers? it's very easy to get RVP and 1 good striker and 1 weakish one.

I have RVP, soldado and anelka, i could change anelka to darren bent but might opt for a cheaper striker like chamakh to upgrade my defence a bit.

In midfield I have walcott, hazard and oscar so i'm not exactly put out a weak midfield either.

edit: my defence is on the weak side at present but i have 1.8 in the bank and would get another .5 if i change chamakh in for anelka.

i'd see my final defence when i get to spend my extra money as something like coleman - k.toure - vidic/terry/zab and then turner and shaw to rotate if and when i need a fourth defender, i don't see that as being too bad.

If I had RVP and 2 deadwood strikers I'd play 4-5-1

If I had one good striker as well as RVP I'd go 4-4-2 which leaves me with Mata, Fellaini, Taarabt,Larsson in midfield.

I think the 3 good strikers would get more points over the season than Tarrabt and Larsson?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Costs 26.5m at the start of the 3 strikers in the team above. Could get RVP, Chamakh and someone like Lambert or go less and get Bent or van Wolfswinkel.

Most weeks that would give you two good forwards, and sometimes three depending on fixtures, along with an auto captaincy choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Haven't seen a team with RvP that I'd be confident in yet.

If you pick him he's normally your captain you're relying on him for at least a goal and BPs. If he doesn't score, then you're relying on the inexpensive players a lot more than you should be.

Most teams I've seen have 3 good defenders, 2 good midfielders and 1 decent striker, with the rest of the squad being from the bargain bin.

Even when he did score big, like last week, it didn't make that much of a difference. Looking at the top 5 in the boards league, top 2 didn't have him, but 3-5 did.

I don't think RvP would be worth the money 6 weeks out of 10, and getting him requires at least 2 transfers for most people, so is he worth it for me? No.

If I had RVP and 2 deadwood strikers I'd play 4-5-1

If I had one good striker as well as RVP I'd go 4-4-2 which leaves me with Mata, Fellaini, Taarabt,Larsson in midfield.

I think the 3 good strikers would get more points over the season than Tarrabt and Larsson?

i think you missed what i was saying, i was saying that it's possible to have RVP and an excellent striker like Soldado/benteke/giroud beside him and only 1 cheaper striker. still have a strong midfield and decent defence.

you must have a lot tied up in your backline if you need to pick 2 deadwood stikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i think ill be going rvp sturridge and soldado from gw 4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The OPs team has a major problem in that it doesn't have any attacking players from what will probably be the 2 highest scorers in the league. While I'm happy with my 3 strikers of Sturridge, Giroud and Soldado I have Silva and am waiting on Moyes to see if he is going to play a United AM consistently and if not I'm going to have a decision on my hands in the international week.

THFC wrote: »
    Haven't seen a team with RvP that I'd be confident in yet.

If you pick him he's normally your captain you're relying on him for at least a goal and BPs. If he doesn't score, then you're relying on the inexpensive players a lot more than you should be.

Most teams I've seen have 3 good defenders, 2 good midfielders and 1 decent striker, with the rest of the squad being from the bargain bin.

Even when he did score big, like last week, it didn't make that much of a difference. Looking at the top 5 in the boards league, top 2 didn't have him, but 3-5 did.

I don't think RvP would be worth the money 6 weeks out of 10, and getting him requires at least 2 transfers for most people, so is he worth it for me? No.

for me though, i think there's some good value in the bargain basement players, i said it at the start of the season, not just cos he scored today, but i have no problem with brady as my 4th midfielder, i think he's great value, kolo toure as a 5.0 defender, coleman if you got him at 5.0, mignolet at 5.5, they're just a few off the top of my head. others prefer a strong squad, i'm more about trying to get the strongest 11 and then having my back ups as players that play for their club but will probaly never score big. everyone has their own approach but i think you can still pick a very decent team with RVP

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    for me though, i think there's some good value in the bargain basement players, i said it at the start of the season, not just cos he scored today, but i have no problem with brady as my 4th midfielder, i think he's great value, kolo toure as a 5.0 defender, coleman if you got him at 5.0, mignolet at 5.5, they're just a few off the top of my head. others prefer a strong squad, i'm more about trying to get the strongest 11 and then having my back ups as players that play for their club but will probaly never score big. everyone has their own approach but i think you can still pick a very decent team with RVP

I agree with you, I've said it before it other threads, it just boils down to the personal preference and how you think the season will pan out. Personally, I just don't think he's worth 14m, others will disagree, but that's their choice. I suppose that's what the game is all about in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

my team with rvp in

S17E6PO.jpg

THFC wrote: »
    I agree with you, I've said it before it other threads, it just boils down to the personal preference and how you think the season will pan out. Personally, I just don't think he's worth 14m, others will disagree, but that's their choice. I suppose that's what the game is all about in the end.

that's it, each to their own in many aspects of the game. some people are dead against point hits, others have no problem, some prefer to build a strong defence, others neglect it and go with a very very strong forward 7.
    i think in most areas i'm pretty balanced, i don't generally like taking hits but due to some poor decisions at the start i've had to. one thing for certain though is that bale's departure (well soon enough) has made it a bit easier to accomodate RVP, before it really was a choice of one or the other, if you went with RVP, you had the fear of not having Bale.

I have Baines and Zabaleta, who should get plenty of points over the season with the new bonus points system too. I think they're worth their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

___________migs___________

Toure_______Zab____coleman ___merts

Countinio_____mirallas_____hazard___kim

Van p_____lukaku (out for giroud)

Bench anelka. Morrison. barnett

I think that is okay for a van persie team. Had ivan week one. Swapped him for coleman. Did luk out for giroud this morning. And will move anelka out next week. Will have 1.3 in bank after that move. Anelka not playing has led to kim at home to city but i am still on 27 with 5 to play including van persie captain. I avoid points hits.

what I dont understand is how come rvp was a must have last year when he reached 14 million(worth 13.5) yet a lot of the same people are now saying he is too expensive at more or less the same price. My approach to rvp will be the same as last year have him in my team when I feel confident to captain him most weeks and take him out when not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

what I dont understand is how come rvp was a must have last year when he reached 14 million(worth 13.5) yet a lot of the same people are now saying he is too expensive at more or less the same price. My approach to rvp will be the same as last year have him in my team when I feel confident to captain him most weeks and take him out when not.

When RVP was 14m last year a lot of teams would have been worth a lot more than the starting 100m.

It's a lot easier to spend and justify 14m on a player when your team is worth 110m, than it is spending 14m out of 100m.

I had him when he was a lot less ffiw, little over 13m iirc

F1ngers wrote: »
    When RVP was 14m last year a lot of teams would have been worth a lot more than the starting 100m.

It's a lot easier to spend and justify 14m on a player when your team is worth 110m, than it is spending 14m out of 100m.

Didn't think of that:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

From seeing peoples teams this season, the old saying comes to mind...

"There are two types of people in the world, those who have RVP, and those that don't".

What I mean by that, is that I really see a difference in quality between the two subsets of teams depending on whether they have RVP or not. One group has the likes of Felliani in midfield, the other can afford the Coutinhos and the Walcotts.

I have yet to be convinced that having RVP at 14m is the right decision. I think he will get goals no question about it, but will he get enough goals to cover the difference in the points lost among all your other players? I think not, and if it wasn't for the issue of captaincy there wouldn't even be a question about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,912 ✭✭✭✭CSF

RVP and 2 good strikers will be the way to go after the Liverpool match

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP+ Bent + Soldado,anyone rate this as a potential WC frontline?

Walcott-Silva + Nolan +Barkley and War Prowse in midfiled...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »

I am looking at a similar midfield. I have RVP, Dzeko and Soldado up front at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dzeko would stay but rortaion is a big factor,Bent when he gets fir will be first choice,goals are his game and Berbatov can supply him like no other

Soldado or Sturridge even?

Further tweaks...this looks pretty decent to me,best i have come up with

b294f2fd6337e8b914054d5a3bbdc48b.png

dahat wrote: »

bent is great value at 6.5 however he wont be on pens like he was at other clubs which will decrease his goal tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bent is great value at 6.5 however he wont be on pens like he was at other clubs which will decrease his goal tally.

Are you sure he won't be given penalty duties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are you sure he won't be given penalty duties?

No chance once Berba is on the pitch he will take the penalties.

No chance once Berba is on the pitch he will take the penalties.

Thats what I would assume would be the case.

I think I'm going to have to ditch RVP. I could get Giroud, Benteke and Sturridge which would better RVPs total and it would also allow me to get Silva instead of Fellaini I think, if I get rid of Baines for a cheap defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think with the way the BPs are going this year the best option is to skimp on midfield and go for a solid back line and strikers. Bide your time for now, and rest assured there will be plenty of wildcards played in GW3 to address the BP change.

Advertisement