Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Which is why he is not worth it. You are better off spending big on midfielders and strikers as Baines will limit your attacking threat

He should get his fair share of assists and goals though? or he did last year! And he should get plenty of BPs too. I'm undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

He should get his fair share of assists and goals though? or he did last year! And he should get plenty of BPs too. I'm undecided.
    Yes but what about if your weak midfield and strikers don't get the points either? which is why I avoid spending big on defenders.

If you want a defender that starts and capable of banging in goals on some occassions then Terry would be a good bet at 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

where is jax teller when you need him. I also have anelka but was hoping to keep him till I wildcard next week. It will be a 4 pt hit if hes not protected Im not going to lose .3 on him.

He's closer than you think, if you look closely around here :pac: I won't say anymore to keep things shrouded in anonymity

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Have to get shot of Kone, thats an absolute must.

Have 2 mill in the bank.

Thoughts on Oliver Giroud, or Welbeck, or even another player in pricer range. 8.9 is unfortunately my limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Have to get shot of Kone, thats an absolute must.

Have 2 mill in the bank.

Thoughts on Oliver Giroud, or Welbeck, or even another player in pricer range. 8.9 is unfortunately my limit.

Giroud,Dzeko,Bony are all really good options,add in Bent as well actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dahat wrote: »
    Giroud,Dzeko,Bony are all really good options,add in Bent as well actually

Got Bony in last week, hoping he performs well tomorrow to justify the 4 point hit for him.

:D

Kone is looking safe from the drop for tonight so far, so may see how tomorrow plays out depending on the market tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He's closer than you think, if you look closely around here :pac: I won't say anymore to keep things shrouded in anonymity
    ha ha ye i was thinking a certain new poster had a similar style.. looking forward to rory b signing up over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Do you guys think the Bale transfer will get done? Will be interesting if not.... Could be the bandwagon to beat all bandwagons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I was going to sell Weimann for Anelka this week but that's not happening now.

I'm going to bank this weeks transfer so I'll have 2 for GW4 after the internationals are over.

I'll be able to make 3 transfers for only a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Would switch out one of my two chelsea defenders (i.e. terry) for Zab but I'm full-up on City players so I think I'll save my transfer, esp. since Everton and Sunderland look like they have scoring troubles, and Crystal Palace and Cardiff are both playing at home. Otherwise for a short-term fix I'd look at Hughes for Fulham with 2bps already or a Swansea defender vs a West Brom side that haven't scored a single goal yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    go to the first post in the price rise and fall threads, i quoted a link that jaxteller gave explaining the price rises, in that i'm pretty sure it says that the protection only comes in after the flag is removed. yeah actually that is the case, koscielny was red flagged, and his price still went down last night. now that the flag is removed he has protection for a number of days.

yeah it's likley you'd lose .3 on anelka which would be crucial when wildcarding in gw4, could be the difference between getting toure or having to settle for a james collins.
    if you jump quick, i'll move over and let you on the chamakh bandwagon :D it makes sense though, if youre wildcarding in gw4, he plays sunderland next week and you might even gain .1 on him while saving the .3 you'd likely lose on anelka.

anelka dropped and chamakh is the most transferred in player today. Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

anelka dropped and chamakh is the most transferred in player today. Good call

yeah, it's looking like it'll be a .3 swing. maybe even .4 if chamakh goes up .1 and anelka gets 2 more price drops this week. i expect a lot will be doing the anelka to chamakh transfer, it's the simplest one to do for anelka owners.

i did cuellar to toure too, cuellar dropped last night. it'll be an 8 point hit this week but hoping that has addressed all the issues with my team i was having.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Wildcard activated... One week earlier than I wanted but to sort out my under performing midfield, 2 Chelsea players not playing GW3 and leaving funds for RVP

It had to be done..

Might wait until GW4 to bring in RVP but he could do serious damage vs the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Had to use WC. I got Rat,Anelka who dont play and price falls, Snoddy is recovering and also price falls, Coutinho is great player but not worth the 9M, Mirallas was ****e against wba.

And I also want to get to the Coleman&Barkley bandwagon cos they both looked better than mirallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Done Cech to Sczesny last night. Arsenal have a decent run so hopefully they will keep a few clean sheets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Arsenał are supposed to have a bid in for krul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'd be very surprised if Sczesney was still first choice in a couple of weeks, that and centre back are where they need to improve more than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sword1 wrote: »
    Arsenał are supposed to have a bid in for krul

Pardew will really lose the head now.

Newcastle are a club in trouble. I heard they were useless yesterday. Didn't see the game or highlights yet.

Two years ago people laughed when I said they were a very average team playing way above themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »

Two years ago people laughed when I said they were a very average team playing way above themselves.

I bet those people were Newcastle fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Looking at City strikers but it's very hard to know if Pellegrini will be a rotator.

• Advertisement

I bet those people were Newcastle fans!

Nope, alot of people seemed to rate them that season. I always had trouble with a team willing to play Danny Simpson!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Etherington to Brady most likey this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Cech out this week,i think i might get jaskelainen in,Mignolet is the popular pick but i have toure and no westham players

• Registered Users Posts: 36,101 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Etherington to Brady most likey this week.

points chasing.

he has City away next. you must have better options for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Does anyone know why Lennon was not in the squad today.

Right lads, I need a Joe Cole replacement. The only football I have actually seen this weekend was one half of Wolves vs Crawley on Friday night and five minutes of the City game today while I was in a pub watching the Mayo Tyrone match.

So, I'm wondering are Whittingham or Brady the best option? I have 5.5 but would like to only spend 5 so I can bank .5 mil to invest in defence or upgrading Coutinho to Walcott.

My other mids are Silva, Coutinho, Barkley, Nolan.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Whittingham because he's had a decent record in the Championship and he rotates well with Barkley.

Another option is Ward Prowse from Saints but I'm worried he may lose his place when Osvaldo starts.

Opinions from anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Hazard > Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

jamesbere wrote: »
    Does anyone know why Lennon was not in the squad today.

Injured still? Missed Europa league game with an injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Rackstar wrote: »
    Injured still? Missed Europa league game with an injury?

The FF site never said he was injured, so was a total waste for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

This is my team for next week. Anyone have any idea who to transfer out and for who?

Mignolet

Lescott
    Walker
    Toure
    Gibbs

Lampard
    Silva
    Coutinho
    Barkley

Giroud
    Dzeko

Bench is

Cole ( Who I'll play next week)
    Ivanovic and Benteke.

Not sure who of Lampard, Ivanovic or Benteke to take out as I want a sub for this week.

Advertisement