Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers.

Options
  • 24-08-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭

Anyone who has held on to Lukaku will wait until after Monday night's game. With uncertainty about Anelkas future, he will be moved out by majority of managers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

It'll be either Ivanovic or Hazard for me. Going to have to wait until after the Monday night have too. Hopefully nobody in my squad gets injured between now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Barring injuries, Hazard out for a City midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Barring injuries, Hazard out for a City midfielder.

Same as myself

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

And another one....

Hazard to Silva....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

i've a feeling it'll be a popular transfer this week but i might also do hazard to silva.
    i'll bench oscar and may take a hit to transfer out anelka or cuellar. if cuellar starts today, i won't need to, will just bench anelka, but if he doesn't start (and it doesn't look like he will) i may need a hit to get 11 starting players. and that's only if all my other players come through unscathed.....can't wait to make it to gw4 and use my wildcard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm going to have one Chelsea player left in my squad unable to play (either Hazard or Cech) due to a **** up in planning on my part so I'll treble up on Manchester City players for their game against Hull. I already have Lescott and Negredo (for one more week, then it's wildcard time).

I'll have to do Cech to Hart or otherwise I won't have a goalkeeper playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

You know I was planning to make the Hazard to Silva transfer before it was cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Ramsey has been getting good assists in the Fulham game so worth a punt imo

You know I was planning to make the Hazard to Silva transfer before it was cool :cool:

i'm def doing it now that you're onboard too. because if there's any doubt about a silva assist or goal i'm safe in the knowledge that you'll stay on the case until the points are given :)

Hogey007 wrote: »
    i'm def doing it now that you're onboard too. because if there's any doubt about a silva assist or goal i'm safe in the knowledge that you'll stay on the case until the points are given :)

Well I'll wait til Sunday or Monday and see how the games pan out but it seems like the obvious move right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hazard to Silva is so last week...

Well I'll wait til Sunday or Monday and see how the games pan out but it seems like the obvious move right now

yeah same here, will watch the city match first and see how that pans out. ideally i'd like to watch chelsea first too but if hazard is close to a drop tomorrow night i'll pull the trigger, provided i'm happy with what i've seen from silva.

Bent on for fulham now, will get a chance to take a look at him, he'd be one i'm considering for anelka's replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

You know I was planning to make the Hazard to Silva transfer before it was cool

Did it last night!:cool:

(I deleted the Cool Smiley face from your post and moved it to mine!)

Aguero looks like he'll go up in price tonight too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I need a midfielder for a one-week punt, (playing the wildcard next weekend). I've 10.0 to spend.

Current midfield is:
    Walcott, Mirallas, Silva, with Brady as sub and Hazard the one being transferred out. I've also got a full quota of City players.

After a quick scan of the fixtures I'm leaning towards Michu away to WBA, can't see too many stand-out candidates given the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I need a midfielder for a one-week punt, (playing the wildcard next weekend). I've 10.0 to spend.

Current midfield is:
    Walcott, Mirallas, Silva, with Brady as sub and Hazard the one being transferred out. I've also got a full quota of City players.

After a quick scan of the fixtures I'm leaning towards Michu away to WBA, can't see too many stand-out candidates given the fixtures.

nolans a decent one off punt

nearly 5,000 people have brought in benteke this gameweek.....it's all about attention to detail ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

cazorla or gerrard maybe

oh quick.....i better run quick and jump on that chamakh bandwagon....get back here.

ah in all fairness, its not just on the back of him scoring, once he got 90 minutes i think i'd have done that anyway for anelka. there's 3 strikers in the lower brackets i'd be looking at to replace anelka, hooper, bent and chamakh, bent only came on as a sub today, i'd expect him to start the next day but still couldn't be sure if they see him as fully back fit, and given that i will be taking a 4 point hit i want to make sure he plays. chamakh, is at home to sunderland. Hooper still isn't back and the arrival of elmander has made him less appealing anyway.

I'll be wildcarding then in gw4 so can reassess the darren bent situation. if i waited until gw4 to drop anelka i fear i'd have lost too much on him. he's going to drop in price tonight and you'd have to think he'll drop at least nce if not twice more before next saturday. plus, i'm once again struggling to scrape together 11 (and that's with half my team still to come through fixtures) so i don't mind taking a hit in that case.

my other transfer as i already said will be hazard to silva most likely.

oh quick.....i better run quick and jump on that chamakh bandwagon....get back here.

ah in all fairness, its not just on the back of him scoring, once he got 90 minutes i think i'd have done that anyway for anelka. there's 3 strikers in the lower brackets i'd be looking at to replace anelka, hooper, bent and chamakh, bent only came on as a sub today, i'd expect him to start the next day but still couldn't be sure if they see him as fully back fit, and given that i will be taking a 4 point hit i want to make sure he plays. chamakh, is at home to sunderland. Hooper still isn't back and the arrival of elmander has made him less appealing anyway.

I'll be wildcarding then in gw4 so can reassess the darren bent situation. if i waited until gw4 to drop anelka i fear i'd have lost too much on him. he's going to drop in price tonight and you'd have to think he'll drop at least nce if not twice more before next saturday. plus, i'm once again struggling to scrape together 11 (and that's with half my team still to come through fixtures) so i don't mind taking a hit in that case.

my other transfer as i already said will be hazard to silva most likely.
    does anelka not have that red card protection thing.

• Advertisement

does anelka not have that red card protection thing.

i think the protection period only comes into effect when the red flag is removed? someone with a bit more knowledge on this might be able to confirm this before i ditch anelka. (although i'll probably have to anyway to field 11)

i think the protection period only comes into effect when the red flag is removed? someone with a bit more knowledge on this might be able to confirm this before i ditch anelka. (although i'll probably have to anyway to field 11)

where is jax teller when you need him. I also have anelka but was hoping to keep him till I wildcard next week. It will be a 4 pt hit if hes not protected Im not going to lose .3 on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've used my transfer to get Chamakh for Anelka. The way it's looking for me in G.W. 3 my options are to wildcard, or go with a 5-3-2 formation. The latter option doesn't fill me with much optimism.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

where is jax teller when you need him. I also have anelka but was hoping to keep him till I wildcard next week. It will be a 4 pt hit if hes not protected Im not going to lose .3 on him.

go to the first post in the price rise and fall threads, i quoted a link that jaxteller gave explaining the price rises, in that i'm pretty sure it says that the protection only comes in after the flag is removed. yeah actually that is the case, koscielny was red flagged, and his price still went down last night. now that the flag is removed he has protection for a number of days.

yeah it's likley you'd lose .3 on anelka which would be crucial when wildcarding in gw4, could be the difference between getting toure or having to settle for a james collins.
    if you jump quick, i'll move over and let you on the chamakh bandwagon :D it makes sense though, if youre wildcarding in gw4, he plays sunderland next week and you might even gain .1 on him while saving the .3 you'd likely lose on anelka.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Many people going with Baines? Not scored any assists or goals yet. Will surely happen though? If he doesn't deliver anything in the next 2 games he'll be shipped out. He costs 7.5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Also Luke Moore has left Swansea, he's at 4.5. Any chance I could lose money on him if I leave him sitting there for a couple of weeks?

go to the first post in the price rise and fall threads, i quoted a link that jaxteller gave explaining the price rises, in that i'm pretty sure it says that the protection only comes in after the flag is removed. yeah actually that is the case, koscielny was red flagged, and his price still went down last night. now that the flag is removed he has protection for a number of days.

yeah it's likley you'd lose .3 on anelka which would be crucial when wildcarding in gw4, could be the difference between getting toure or having to settle for a james collins.
    if you jump quick, i'll move over and let you on the chamakh bandwagon :D it makes sense though, if youre wildcarding in gw4, he plays sunderland next week and you might even gain .1 on him while saving the .3 you'd likely lose on anelka.

Im in all aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

One Arsenal attacker is a must vs Spurs next week IMO.

Im in all aboard.

:cool:

i might be taking it one step too far now but
    i might even do a 8 point hit to get toure in for cuellar. i know toure plays united next week but cuellar is due to drop tonight, and will surely drop again at least once before next week, so that's at least .2 gone, toure on the back of his 8 points will probably rise despite the united fixture. so that's a .3 swing, i want toure in my season squad. and that .3 could be crucial. i'm wildcarding in gw 4 and want to be able to afford the team i want then. i'd prefer to limp my way to gw 4 and then be set up for a good while than get there and not be able to afford the players i want. after i get set up then in gw4, i'd like to think point hits will be very uncommon with me.
    but last season i did similar at the start and towards the end it really paid off as my team was worth 110million, when suarez went on that hot streak and a lot of people downgraded RVP for him, i was able to afford both.
    I'm really just trying to justify it to myself, i'll log out of the FPL site now and go back in a couple of hours and see if i still feel it's worth it.

oh it's also worth pointing out, if luke shaw wasn't fit for next week i wouldn't even have 11 players, so getting in someone that plays might need to be done then anyway, i could wait and see but cuellar will have dropped in price tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Many people going with Baines? Not scored any assists or goals yet. Will surely happen though? If he doesn't deliver anything in the next 2 games he'll be shipped out. He costs 7.5.
    Which is why he is not worth it. You are better off spending big on midfielders and strikers as Baines will limit your attacking threat

Advertisement