Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Transfers.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Dawson.
    Yeah nice price but away to Arsenal , dunno, Spurs aren't quite there yet with the team gel and I reckon Arsenal will put up a big performance. I say this as a pool fan btw

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dawson.

Anybody know why The Guardian have Kaboul and Vertonghen starting?

I'm looking to get rid of McShane (Hull) or Bennet (Norwich) both are defenders who don't seem to start and priced at 4m and I have 1 in the bank which gives me a budget of 5m for a defender, I have a couple of Chelsea players in my squad but I don't wanna play my wildcard till next week, any suggestions on a defender I can get for 5m who might start and get a few pionts

Collins off West Ham.

He's 4.5, in the FFS scout picks this week and has 10k transfers in today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thoughts on bringing in Aaron Ramsey in place of Joe Cole?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

Lemlin wrote: »

Not sure. Dawson is captain and has been playing well I've heard? Hardly drop him. Was good last season too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

That has Dzeko down as not starting...how accurate are they usually do you know?

They're mainly a shower of guessers imo. They do get it right sometimes but mainly down to guesswork. You'd probably get better informed info on here or on some of the other sites I think.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Thoughts on bringing in Aaron Ramsey in place of Joe Cole?

Transfer I would do if I hadn't done Couts to Walcott.

Ramsey has 13k transfers in today and is 96% of the way to a price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lemlin wrote: »

Dawson isn't necessarily an 'AVB player', if that makes sense. Ithink he was voted captain, although that may be a figment of my imagination. He only played last year because Kaboul was out injured and Caulker never seemed to fulfil his potential. Kaboul was arguably our best player in 11/12, and imo, one of the best defenders in the league that season. If he regains his form himself and Verts will be first choice, although I haven't a clue how good Chiriches is.

Thats said, I would be surprised to see Kaboul starting this Sunday. He played 90 minutes on Thursday night, but than again, so too did Vert. Jesus, I actually don't know now what to expect at CB against the goons, but if you're planning long-term I'd go with Kaboul.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone gambling with Bony?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Anyone gambling with Bony?

I am.. Have been for two weeks now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I had him last week, Hope he does the business tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I had him last week, Hope he does the business tomorrow.

I took a 4 point hit to bring him last week due to Lukaku dropping like crazy.. Wasn't worth it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

to buy Dzeko or Lambert?!! help needed

to buy Dzeko or Lambert?!! help needed

I'd go with Dzeko. My strikers are Dzeko, Soldado and RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

weiman > the wolf, yay or nay

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

batistuta9 wrote: »
    weiman > the wolf, yay or nay

Well The Wolf plays this week and Weimann doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ah now, Mr P, he was asking for an opinion on an alternative, not your sarcasm :D

Or Bent away to leaky Newcastle...

Well The Wolf plays this week and Weimann doesn't.

i'm aware :pac:
    i should've added more to that post, who'd be better short/medium term option out of them two, not just today

or what improvements could i do with the rest without wildcarding

264m5nl.jpg

Invincible wrote: »
    Ah now, Mr P, he was asking for an opinion on an alternative, not your sarcasm :D

Or Bent away to leaky Newcastle...

Haha I actually wasn't being sarcastic for once. Somebody playing will get more points than somebody who won't. If it's at a 4 point hit then I'm not sure, I don't trust the Wolf and Weimann may indeed pick up some of Benteke's scraps in the long-run but for this week in a one off move the logic would be to move to the Wolf.

i'm aware :pac:
    i should've added more to that post, who'd be better short/medium term option out of them two, not just today

or what improvements could i do with the rest without wildcarding

Haha I actually wasn't being sarcastic for once. Somebody playing will get more points than somebody who won't. If it's at a 4 point hit then I'm not sure, I don't trust the Wolf and Weimann may indeed pick up some of Benteke's scraps in the long-run but for this week in a one off move the logic would be to move to the Wolf.

Well adding to what I just said then it seems like it would be for the hit. I wouldn't do anything and play 3-5-2. It's not ideal having 2 Arsenal Keepers/defenders against Spurs but I wouldn't take the hit. The Wolf could indeed be fed but in the long run Weimann can do well at 1.0 cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

Panicked and played the wildcard, sweet Jesus what have I done :eek:

Well adding to what I just said then it seems like it would be for the hit. I wouldn't do anything and play 3-5-2. It's not ideal having 2 Arsenal Keepers/defenders against Spurs but I wouldn't take the hit. The Wolf could indeed be fed but in the long run Weimann can do well at 1.0 cheaper

it wasn't for a hit, i done it anyway :pac:
    went 3-4-3 then

it wasn't for a hit, i done it anyway :pac:
    went 3-4-3 then

I'm glad the one with the power over the transfers was aware of what was going on anyway :pac:

*Mr.Prodston heads off to make a coffee*

hmmmm, thinking hard about reneging on the Hazard -> Silva trend. Thinking Hazard -> YaYa instead....

thoughts?

Following gut instincts in future and not the herd! Lost about 0.2m on the transfer and everything :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭carraig2

Going with a ballsy call for captain...Zapaleta :eek:

Turned out to be great choice. I had Dzeko :(

Advertisement