Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your fav cure for insomnia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fibonaccii

Sleeping tablet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Imagine jumping on your bike go for a spin. Decide to turn right or left at gate. Go down the road imagine your neighbours houses. Turn right or left at the end of the streetand so on. Take a familiar route. Apparently you rarely get more than a mile from your house. Easier than counting sheep but works on the same principle. It has worked for me in the past.

Can I get a taxi?

If so can I sleep in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

Melatonin

Didnt think that was something you could get over the counter till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Shagging.

There's only one type of sleep better than the 'sleep of the just' and that's the sleep of the just after. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Spliff and a blowjob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

A hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Generally stick on seriously ****ty American TV. E channel is by far the best. 5 mins into keeping up with the kardashians and I struggle to stay awake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sleepy wrote: »
    Spliff and a blowjob.

That seems greedy.

"hey babe.. I'm going to get high while you suck me off"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Didnt think that was something you could get over the counter till now.

You can pick it up without a script in the USA in a drugstore or health food store.
    If you're in Spain, you can get Dormidina in the pharmacies.

As always check with your GP for medical advice.

Mirtazapine and repeat episodes of Breaking Bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

ASMR videos on youtube!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Vodka generally works.

repeat episodes of Breaking Bad.

:eek:

Get out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

a long run.

:eek:

Get out!

I didn't say it was bad... just that I put it on when I wanna sleep! I've watched it all while awake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

You can pick it up without a script in the USA in a drugstore or health food store.
    If you're in Spain, you can get Dormidina in the pharmacies.

As always check with your GP for medical advice.

Had to google that one. Same active is available otc in the uk too. Just with different branding. Have to say. It is the nicest of the antihistamines for sleep minus the cotton mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Go to bed and simply switch off, you'll fall asleep in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

If I can't sleep and can't stop wanting to look at my phone, I just hold my phone and I instantly feel more relaxed and its not long till I doze off.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Vivienne23

I try to think if I had a million to spend what would I buy down to the last euro can't seem to get past 400,000 , it would have to be the prices like not just saying ill spend 500,000 on a house and 500,000 on cars and holidays

Like my list would be
    range rover evoque, 48000
    House 150,000
    6 months in Thailand €8000
    Holiday for the parents €5000
    Maybe a car for the sister ...or will I have enough left :)

And on and on

You have to keep going back and adding up and changing things , also it puts happy thoughts in your head for sleeping ...works great when my head is stressed with work related stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Recite the alphabet backwards, Z to A. It works great.... till you get good at it, then it gets too easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

clean sheets do it for me, if all else fails a couple of panadol night hit the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Slow controlled breathing, start at ten and count down the in breaths... on the out breaths start with 'a' and go through the alphabet.
    So it goes
    In 10,
    Out A,
    In 9,
    Out B...
    If/When you get down to 1 on the in breaths go back to 10 and count down again.
    Try not to worry if you mess it up, if you start thinking about other things just go back to breathing and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

get the hoover out. might as well be productive, not just lyin there scratchin me arse, worryin 'bout not sleepin, wonderin what lovely dreams i'd be havin if i could only get some sleep, i can't get no sleep,i need to sleep, i can't get no sleep......you know the rest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lovesfatgirls

drink heavily and or burn myself out on a game

fryup wrote: »

Err.

Over the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭numnumcake

Fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I suffer with insomnia myself as do a few other family members. A lot of my insomnia is triggered by a lot of overthinking, so for me it's the clearing the head that's the aim, which is a lot harder to do, so i'm thinking of taking up Yoga to relax a bit more. Someone suggested to me a few weeks ago to cut down/out the caffeine as that has a tendency to add to insomnia & I was a regular coke drinker ( been off it 3 weeks now) & am finding I've been sleeping grand the last few weeks. Have tried the Kalms Sleep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Lying in bed thinking 'I'm still not asleep. I'm still not asleep.'

Then your heart starts beating as you realise how little sleeping time you have left until your alarm goes off.

Then you're back to being wide awake from the adrenalin.

You decide you're better off pulling an all nighter and struggling through the day and getting a proper sleep tomorrow.

You fall asleep 2 hours before your alarm goes off and you wake up completely shattered.

Oh a cure? Listening to music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

High strength hypnotics

Advertisement