Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non alcomoholic beer

Options
  • 21-08-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Anyone here know if alcohol free beer is available to buy in tesco/late night shops after 11pm ?

Its not alcohol right ?..... so really its just a soft drink, so licencing laws shouldn't apply.

Id love one now, but I get the feeling the bastards will deny my attempt.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Like suckin yer own mickey,,, no point

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Elbaston

uch wrote: »
    Like suckin yer own mickey,,, no point

tried. failed.

so has every man. ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've never understood alcohol free beer. Why would you bother drinking something if you don't want the effect of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

non alcomoholic beer

I think you've had enough of the real stuff already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Have a pint of milk instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Lapin wrote: »
    non alcomoholic beer

:D

Corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭questionmark?

beer no alcohol, no alcohol beer, beer no alcohol......failing to compute :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It's a good question though. Can you buy it after licensing hours. Keep me posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Does it not have like 0.5% alcohol or something stupid like that?

Just drink some listerine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Like going down on your sister - tastes the same but it's wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,427 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

mfceiling wrote: »
    Like going down on your sister - tastes the same but it's wrong...

fúckin' weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd rather eat a McDonalds than drink non-alcoholic beer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Yep...its normal beer that is boiled up to a high temp to boil off the alcohol content.

There is a small trace amount left though.and anything up to 0.5% is considered to be non alcoholic beer.

Its becomming very popular in Dubai and other muslim countries and also in Japan now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I thought they were just used for TV show or movie scenes in bars. I didnt think people had the nerve to drink them in real life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Keith wrote: »
    :D

OR....:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

paddy147 wrote: »
    Yep...its normal beer that is boiled up to a high temp to boil off the alcohol content.

There is a small trace amount left though.and anything up to 0.5% is considered to be non alcoholic beer.

Its becomming very popular in Dubai and other muslim countries and also in Japan now.
    Bought some Dubai non alcoholic beers a few months back - takeaway from a Halal restaurant; didn't read the labels. Really should have put some thought into where they were from (clue: alcohol prohibiting society). Utterly gutted when I arrived home after 10pm to discover the truth.
    They're still sitting there. I've offered them to loads of people. Time to meet Mr plughole methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sadly op,
    I dont think you are in luck. Any 24 hour tesco i've ever been in completely closes off their alcohol isle after 10pm. Which the non-alcoholic items do be in.
    Sure you could talk to a member of staff but they'll think you are some how trying to pull a fast one as they are used to dealing with drunken people wandering in to try and score to more alcohol.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I've never understood alcohol free beer. Why would you bother drinking something if you don't want the effect of it?

Nice to be able to have the feeling of having a few beers without the hangover in the morning :)

It's a good question though. Can you buy it after licensing hours. Keep me posted

I did go a couple hours later, upon inspection the entire alcomohol isle* was found to be heavily guarded by a double plasticy post thing with fully integrated rope belt thing.

The risks were just too great.

*(including my non alcohol beer if I may say - great injustice)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Erdinger do a decent non-alcoholic beer. It's locked up with all the other booze after 22:00 though.

Erdinger do a decent non-alcoholic beer. It's locked up with all the other booze after 22:00 though.

Thats the one. Erdinger Alco-frei.

Try it with a coke straight after for a unique and frothy experience.

No really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Elbaston wrote: »
    tried. failed.

so has every man. ever.

Some of us didn't fail bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listerine
    Ethanol, which is toxic to bacteria at concentrations of 40%, is present in concentrations of 21.6% in the flavored product and 26.9% in the original gold Listerine AntisepticI][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed"]citation needed[/URL][/I. At this concentration, the ethanol serves to dissolve the active ingredients

Listerine gets you s**tfaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

and minty fresh to boot. I'm going to make it my "during work" drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listerine

My ex went to rehab with a recovering alcoholic, the guy drank a bottle of listerine and was falling around the place. They all thought he was putting it on, seems he wasn't!

Nice to be able to have the feeling of having a few beers without the hangover in the morning :)

I wouldn't gain any satisfaction from that at all. I'd be as well please staying at home or drinking a soft drink rather than drinking alcohol free beer.

The feeling of drinking proper beer >>> pain of the hangover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Lapin wrote: »
    non alcomoholic beer

joke killer!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

The only reason why i would drink non alcholic beer is when i have to drive on a night out, its much better than drinking coke for the whole night, plus the erdinger stuff isnt half bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I quite enjoy the Erdinger alcoholfrei, or the Becks one every now and again. I always get a hangover from it though...

Advertisement