Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ vs. Australia, match preview & thread, Sat 24 Aug, 0835 Irish time

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

Mogg has got to learn to do more than kick up and unders. I've seen this guy run and he can do it.

Horwills leadership has to be called into question. Lineout falls apart again.

What exactly does he bring other than being consistently outplayed by his opposite number!

Stephen Moore awful just an awful display!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair play to Folau!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Against the run of play, one might say. The Aussie lineout has disintegrated. Loose from Nonu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cocky stuff from Nonu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

He's the only world class player on the wallabies side tonight, fair play to him.

Horwills leadership has to be called into question. Lineout falls apart again.

What exactly does he bring other than being consistently outplayed by his opposite number!

Yeah, he's seems spent since the Lions. No other options though.

Australian tactics are disgracefully bad. Kicking against all logic.

I do fear for this Australia team against the Springbok pack in the republic.

Could be a shocker

matthew8 wrote: »
    Australian tactics are disgracefully bad. Kicking against all logic.

Coming from a Bok fan, it must be bad :pac:

• Advertisement

For Australia's pack it could be really bad!

Believe me, a Jake White team would not kick half as much. Shouldn't be a surprise, Reds kicked more than any other Aus team in S15

I look forward to Ezebeth v Whitelock.

Australia have blown a chance here against a non-vintage NZ performance.

I thought Taylor had a great debut. Calm head, that man has. Aussie have got a LOT of work to do. Argentina might even fancy their chances, especially at home, although it depends how they bounce back from last week's down-trou.

Awful performance by Australia.

O Conner, Falou, Hooper and the 8 played well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The intercept try makes the scoreline flatter the awful Aussies - they were better than last week but they could hardly have been worse. The only negative for the ABs is that it looks like Tom Taylor has also been hit by the curse of the #10 jersey.

Barrett will be back by the next round.

Barrett will be back by the next round.

Not a patch on Cruden or Carter tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR2

Really felt sorry for the ball today!!!! Both teams seemed hell bent on returning kicks received with another kick. I can understand applying pressure and field position but today was not what you would expect from the ﹟1 and﹟4 teams in World rugby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

I thought Taylor had a great debut. Calm head, that man has. Aussie have got a LOT of work to do. Argentina might even fancy their chances, especially at home, although it depends how they bounce back from last week's down-trou.

Argentina always start slow, don't know if its different for the c'ship, but historically they never have enough time as a group together pre-(any) competition. They'll get better.

Really surprised at the Australian's lack of creativity over the last two games. Genia looked like he was on industrial strength Mogadon today and Mogg's game was utterly inexplicable. Scrum continues to be a huge issue and were it not for the heroics of the back row, especially Hooper, the scoreline would have been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

FR2 wrote: »
    Really felt sorry for the ball today!!!! Both teams seemed hell bent on returning kicks received with another kick. I can understand applying pressure and field position but today was not what you would expect from the ﹟1 and﹟4 teams in World rugby!

Even the commentator said after Australia refused to counter attack for the umpteenth time "This isn't Twickenham"

FR2 wrote: »

No problem with the ABs kicking tactics - leading 24-9, and with Mogg trying to play force em back, it was the right thing to do. NZ back 3 tend to be pretty rock solid under the high ball these days, and Dagg has better distance in his punts than his predecessors Muliaina and MacDonald. No point running it carelessly back from the 22 and getting stripped of possession. It was Australia who needed to chance their arm, and they didn't do so. For all his faults, at least Beale knows how to run the ball back, and he is missed by Australia. I really think CL at 10, JOC at 12, Folau to fullback, Honey Badger onto one wing, and down the line Speight onto the other would be a better backline.

Grimebox wrote: »
    Even the commentator said after Australia refused to counter attack for the umpteenth time "This isn't Twickenham"

Yeah, Nisbett couldn't resist the ubiquitous English jibe. To which, if I was English, I would say "look at the scoreboard".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Australia were certainly better than last week but comfortable enough win for NZ in the end. Looks like SA-NZ clashes will be seminal in the Rugby Championship. I fancy Ireland to beat Australia in the autumn.

Australia were certainly better than last week but comfortable enough win for NZ in the end. Looks like SA-NZ clashes will be seminal in the Rugby Championship. I fancy Ireland to beat Australia in the autumn.

If you win the battle of the tight five like the Lions test 3, and NZ, yes I think you could win. Aussie must surely improve though, it's early days for McKenzie yet.

Advertisement