Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

He's back back then:
    As we mentioned in the Elite section of PWInsider.com, Daniel Bryan is expected at the WWE Performance Center this week to work out and prepare for his in-ring return.
    While initially there were no plans for Bryan to wrestle until the Royal Rumble, that has changed as Bryan is now being listed for several house shows later this month.

Daniel Bryan has been added to the following Live Events:

Jan 16 - St.Louis, MO
    Jan 17 - Abilene, TX
    Jan 18 - San Antonio, TX

He is advertised to wrestle Kane in St. Louis, so he might also wrestle him the rest of the weekend.

Jan 30 - Lac Cruces, NM
    Jan 31 - Albuquerque, NM
    Feb 01 - Loveland, CO
    He is advertised to wrestle Luke Harper on the Loveland show, so he might wrestle him on the other two shows as well.

Feb 14 - Tampa, FL
    Feb 15 - Fort Myers, FL

Daniel Bryan returns to action next week on Smackdown announced during a commerical on NXT this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

FFS

Had me all excited for the pop he was gonna get. Now we get to see him beat Adam Rose on Smackdown first.

There was a graphic at the Smackdown tapings too:

jyizPwJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smackdown Ratings must be bad if they're treating it like a house show now. :)

Or maybe this is just to promote its move to a new day. ("New day!")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

FFS

Had me all excited for the pop he was gonna get. Now we get to see him beat Adam Rose on Smackdown first.

I'm fine with it. WWE need to see and he needs to see if he can still go.

He's a draw now. He'll get a monster pop regardless.

This is really worth a read. His miraculous recovery and possible in ring style change:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2329192-daniel-bryan-exclusive-on-his-injury-style-change-and-return-to-wwe-smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Brie and I don't have automatic locks. We actually have to turn the key in the car to open it. And I was so weak I couldn't even unlock the car door.

Jesus H Christ!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,098 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is it Vince himself or HHH who is down on and against Bryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it Vince himself or HHH who is down on and against Bryan?

I think Vince for sure, not to have Bryan in a top 5 match at WM is bad business. But the way he's been treated since his return has been pretty awful. I think its been done to cool his overness. They will use the neck injury crap to justify not given him a big match.

I think neither man want him as a main eventer but gladly have him in the mid card putting over heels strong for their chosen ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I disagree, I think Triple H is a big fan of his (see the article on bleacher report last week about their match last year) Sure he wouldn't put him over if he didn't like him?

I think it might be a case where, he had his moment last year and because he missed a majority of the year with injury they give the spot to the guys that haven't missed anything near as much travel/TV time. Unfair but I'm sure he'll be back in the picture in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ah yeah, sure Dean Ambrose was just being put with Wyatt as a stopgap before going back to the Rollins feud.

*BUMP*

From the Observer newsletter released before this morning's podcast:
    We were told that Bryan was injured on 3/31 in his match with Sheamus at the Smackdown tapings in Fresno. Bryan was banged up and also bloodied up, and there was criticism of Sheamus in the match. PW Insider reported the injury taking place on 4/9 in Dublin, although that may have aggravated problems since the vague injury, the term “banged up” being used, was the term we were told after the Sheamus match and when the tour started. The scheduled Bryan vs. Barrett matches were turned into trios matches from the start of the European tour and he was in the ring very little in those matches.

There were reports from talent that he suffered a concussion, which the company denied, although nothing has been said about what his injuries were or how long he’ll be out of action. The belief is that it will be a few more weeks. One company source gave the time frame as five weeks, but officially the company had not stated anything regarding even whether he would be wrestling on Sunday or not.

One person who knew basically intimated that is was being kept a closely guarded secret and that banged up would be a nice, accurate but purposely vague way to put it.

Then on the podcast Dave said he does not believe that Bryan's making the PPV and said that the situation really does not sound good at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus, you think of how they rushed him back for the Rumble to do nothing at Mania, and now this :( Really hasn't been a good return for him at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This really feels ominously close to a retirement

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it's cool for some fans(not all) to **** all over every decision wwe makes in regards to talent, but maybe thy were right with Bryan all along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know it's cool for some fans(not all) to **** all over every decision wwe makes in regards to talent, but maybe thy were right with Bryan all along.
    No, injuries that he got don't justify crapping all over Bryan they way they did.

Will the IC title be taken off him if he cant defend "30 days rule" which didn't apply to Lesnar :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Itssoeasy wrote:

He was not booked well since his return but the decision to keep him out of the main event title scene is looking increasingly vindicated by recent developments. Can you imagine if he had won the title over Brock at Wrestlemania and this stuff started going down? It would have been a disaster for not only the title, but also Lesnar.

I think DM_7 made this point a few months back that Bryan was too risky to win the title so soon after returning.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

June 28th is another 2 months away. Jaysus.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Daniel-Bryan-confirms-he-has-been-dealing-with-a-concussion-says-he-will-wrestle-somewhere-even-if-WWE-doesn-t-clear-him-43277

On the chance that WWE won't clear him to wrestle in WWE: "Yes, there is that chance. But I told them, regardless of them, if they won't clear me ... we're independent contractors, in theory ... and I WILL wrestle again. I am cleared by the neurologist in Phoenix that I've been going to see. It's not like he's a quack doctor. He was the neurologist for the Super Bowl ... who has no problems in clearing me with no limitations. But you also have to understand that WWE is not only looking out for my best interest, but they have to look out for their company as well, and I understand all of that too. There is nothing vindictive or anything there's just a lot of hurdles to go through at this point with getting cleared by WWE. I had a sit-down with Vince and Hunter about this and said, "Hey, this is my passion. I understand why you guys wouldn't clear me but we only get, as far as we know, one life. And you're not going to let me do my passion?"

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/update-on-daniel-bryans-wwe-return

I hope he does return in ring but prefer him alive and healthy foremost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Daniel Bryan is done wrestling in WWE, as most suspected. He pretty much confirmed it today:

http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/wrestler-daniel-bryan-teaches-kids-how-build-terrarium

“I think it could be the end of my career in WWE, but I don’t think it will be the end of my career.”

• Registered Users Posts: 39,441 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Two posts in a row which could seriously damages wrestle mania star levels

Well the bryan news is hardly news and I doubt wwe were factoring him into their mania plans. Him saying it's not the end of his career is scary. Does he not get that his in ring style is part of the problem ?

The sting thing is **** news though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He was not as reckless in the indies. He wrestled a far more submission based style there apart from the flying headbutt he would use occasionally. So if he did go back I would not be that worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Errr him and Nigel headbutting each other half unconscious springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Errr him and Nigel headbutting each other half unconscious springs to mind.

Was that not him butting Nigels head against the ring post? If not, must have missed it but it would not have been something he did in every match.

Point remains though. He was far less "high flying" in the indies. He needed to be a bit more reckless in WWE to stand out. He seems a clever guy. He will work a style to suit his limitations should he go back to the indies.

POSTS MOVED FROM NEWS THREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 60,298 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When is his contract up I'd guess he still has a good few years on it.

I can't see the WWE releasing him for at least another year until all the hype around him has died down and when they consider him irrelevant as any kind of draw for a rival is gone.

If they were wise they would send him down to NXT as a coach if he isn't already there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

gimmick wrote: »
    He was not as reckless in the indies. He wrestled a far more submission based style there apart from the flying headbutt he would use occasionally. So if he did go back I would not be that worried.

Bryan was very risky stuff on the indies. Power bomb on the floor by Bison Smith just to try and get a bit of heat on to their feud. He would dive from the ring into the Crowd for a lot of his ROH run. He wrestle that strong style a lot on the indies and carried on into his WWE Run.

Advertisement