Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Daniel Bryan Thread

11011121315

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭ Monokne


    That clip is doing the rounds in Gif's as well, Meltzer pointed out he is 100% just selling in it.

    Incidentally, the Observer has tremendous detail on the retirement story. Here is the key information, regarding the Evoke Neuroscience testing Bryan underwent in NYC on 21st January. Six days later, he got the results:

    "Danielson’s test showed a small subacute or chronic lesion in his temporal parietal region of the brain, the area of the brain that causes seizures. Danielson has had post concussion seizures for a long time and nobody could find any evidence as to why.

    What is key here is that Danielson made the decision on his own to retire after finding evidence that something was wrong. He was not told after getting the test results that he had to retire, and he will be undergoing more testing, but the damage was still in evidence more than eight months after his most recent concussion.


    The fact he still has a lesion on the brain this far removed from his last match is disconcerting. I hope his quality of life won't be strongly effected in the long term.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭ Moneymaker


    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    This is really uncomfortable viewing, from 2 mins on, but it appears Bryan has a seizer mid match here

    https://youtu.be/zDZAQvc2pAE

    Jesus Christ.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭ Rjd2


    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

    To be fair it has been pointed out above that Meltzer was saying it was just selling.:o


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭ Moneymaker


    Rjd2 wrote: »
    To be fair it has been pointed out above that Meltzer was saying it was just selling.:o

    I seriously doubt it. He's busted open hardway, looks absolutely out of it and he has a seizure. The match ends early(look at Sheamus trying to lift him up, he's totally dead weight) and then he's pulled from the tour and never wrestles again. And I can count at least three instances where he hits his head.

    I was surprised to hear Meltzer supposedly said that? Was he misquoted or something?

    Call it revisionist history that does not look like just selling to me.


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Loughc


    Moneymaker wrote: »
    I was surprised to hear Meltzer supposedly said that? Was he misquoted or something?

    He wasn't misquoted but he does get an awful lot of stuff wrong. And I think he's wrong with this one too.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    Loughc wrote: »
    He wasn't misquoted but he does get an awful lot of stuff wrong. And I think he's wrong with this one too.

    While Metlzer has a lot of credibility, he can get things wrong and hes not beyond doubt.

    This surely is one of them though. All signs point to the logical explanation of it being legit.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭ Pentecost


    Yeah there's no way the match was supposed to finish like that with Sheamus trying to pick him up and dropping him again. Bryan was out of it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭ Bandana boy


    Where was Kane , surprised he wasn't there , I always believed they were real life friends and he was a huge part of DB getting over.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭ Moneymaker


    Where was Kane , surprised he wasn't there , I always believed they were real life friends and he was a huge part of DB getting over.

    Probably the first guy waiting for him in gorilla.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭ Monokne


    Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way the match was supposed to finish like that with Sheamus trying to pick him up and dropping him again. Bryan was out of it.

    Bryan said himself his last seizure was in 2012. But ok then.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭ Pentecost


    Monokne wrote: »
    Bryan said himself his last seizure was in 2012. But ok then.

    Fair enough I didn't see that but it still looked like a ridiculous finish. Sheamus didn't know what to do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    He propably said it was a seizure in order to get WWE to take a chance on him wrestling again. Id say Bryan was hellbent on wrestling again and it makes sense for him to deny it was a seizure in order to keep going


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭ gnfnrhead


    beakerjoe wrote: »
    He propably said it was a seizure in order to get WWE to take a chance on him wrestling again. Id say Bryan was hellbent on wrestling again and it makes sense for him to deny it was a seizure in order to keep going

    Bryan told every doctor (including WWE) he seen about the seizures. He wouldn't lie about something like that if he was willing to disclose it to every doctor he went to. He wanted to wrestle but he also isn't stupid enough to lie about something that serious. Telling the doctors is likely the reason WWE wouldn't clear him despite him passing every other test they gave him.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭ Monokne


    Interesting sidenote to this story is what may happen to the stiffer guys in the locker room, who are known for giving concussions in light of the seriousness of them in 2016. Lance Storm spoke to Bryan Alvarez this week and specifically intimated Seamus may be in trouble as he is known for being reckless and hurting dudes.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭ kksaints


    Raws rating tonight are gonna be massive cause of this. Imagind the reaction, especially with all the coverage that it's getting.

    Do not put this past Vince as a work.

    And yes.....I'm in denial.


    http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/raw-audience-comes-roaring-back/

    A surprise but the ratings actually went down hugely for Daniel Bryans retirement section.


  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭ Legend_DIT


    In fairness, that doesn't tell the full story. When Bryan's speech started it was actually in the overrun.

    http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/02/10/feb8rawquarterhours/


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 17,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭ DM_7


    Concussion is even getting football players now

    https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/700804385660649473



    Also saw this earlier,from 2007 when they had the HBK concussion story. Could easily be the Bryan story only with Bryan instead of Shawn and Sheamus for Randy.

    https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/700733325116223488



    Snippet
    According to Dr. Rios, HBK will have to be out of action for an undetermined amount of time due to the concussions. Shawn Michaels has battled back from numerous injuries before, including a severe back injury that cost him four years and nearly ended his career … but this is different. The brain is perhaps the most vital part of a sports-entertainer's body, and if brain function is impaired, a Superstar could put himself into a dangerous position by stepping back into the ring.

    HBK may never be 100 percent again, and speculation is rampant that this may be the straw that finally breaks the proverbial camel's back


  • Registered Users Posts: 45,145 ✭✭✭✭ Mr.Nice Guy


    Yeah I listened to Andy Wilkinson on Sky Sports News earlier and when he spoke about his concussion problems and headaches and mentioned dealing with anger and depression it reminded me all too well of what we've been hearing about in wrestling.

    The scary thing about Wilkinson's case is it all came from being struck at close range in the temple by a volley from an opposition player. It has affected his vision and he's still seeing specialists and getting headaches and having to deal with his mental health.

    I remember years ago reading a football article where it mentioned a proposal from the US to have all football players wear protective headgear a la Petr Cech. At the time I thought the idea was preposterous. But now with everything we're learning about the severity of head trauma, and even how heading a ball can be dangerous, it would not surprise me to see measures like that introduced over the next twenty years or so to try and better protect the brain.

    💙

    💛



  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭ Palo Alto


    The problem is headgear doesn't really help, it won't stop the brain rattling around inside the head.


  • Registered Users Posts: 76,782 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Speaking of pregnancies, Brie Bella confirmed today she and Bryan are expecting :)

    Hope all goes well for them, Id say this baby has been longed for quite a while


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76,782 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1




  • Registered Users Posts: 76,782 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    sky88 wrote: »

    Birdie a big sister


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 41,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Lord TSC


    Both Nikki AND Brie had their kids today, lol.


  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭ beakerjoe


    1 day apart I believe, with Nikki giving birth on 31st.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ The White Wolf


    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Both Nikki AND Brie had their kids today, lol.

    That is some weird ass coordinating....congrats to them!


  • Registered Users Posts: 76,782 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    Buddy Dessert Danielson


  • Registered Users Posts: 76,782 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1


    Nearly three years after making his return to the ring following a career-threatening neck injury, Daniel Bryan is looking to take a step back in his WWE career.

    In an interview with BT Sport (h/t H Jenkins of Ringside News), Bryan said he likely won't keep wrestling full-time when he signs his next contract:

    "So now I'm switching priorities in my life where for years wrestling has been the key focus. Like my contract is coming up soon, and we're looking at me transitioning to maybe less than a full-time wrestler. My time of being a full-time wrestler are numbered. I'm more going to be like a full-time dad, part-time wrestler. Wrestling is my side job, daddy is my most important job."

    Bryan and Brie Bella welcomed their second child, a son, in August. He took time off television during Bella's pregnancy before returning to television in October.

    Recently, Bryan has been involved in a feud with Jey Uso that could potentially be used to set him up for a universal title match against Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble.

    Regardless of the booking plans for Bryan, having him on the roster in any capacity is a huge boon for WWE. His in-ring work and natural ability to connect with crowds have made him one of the most popular superstars for years.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭ oldtimeyfella


    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Nearly three years after making his return to the ring following a career-threatening neck injury, Daniel Bryan is looking to take a step back in his WWE career.

    In an interview with BT Sport (h/t H Jenkins of Ringside News), Bryan said he likely won't keep wrestling full-time when he signs his next contract:

    "So now I'm switching priorities in my life where for years wrestling has been the key focus. Like my contract is coming up soon, and we're looking at me transitioning to maybe less than a full-time wrestler. My time of being a full-time wrestler are numbered. I'm more going to be like a full-time dad, part-time wrestler. Wrestling is my side job, daddy is my most important job."

    Bryan and Brie Bella welcomed their second child, a son, in August. He took time off television during Bella's pregnancy before returning to television in October.

    Recently, Bryan has been involved in a feud with Jey Uso that could potentially be used to set him up for a universal title match against Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble.

    Regardless of the booking plans for Bryan, having him on the roster in any capacity is a huge boon for WWE. His in-ring work and natural ability to connect with crowds have made him one of the most popular superstars for years.


    It says a lot about how little they've done with him that i genuinely thought that has has been back for maybe a year, tops.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭ The White Wolf


    It says a lot about how little they've done with him that i genuinely thought that has has been back for maybe a year, tops.

    Yeah 3 years knocked me sideways, then again Bryan's ascendancy started around time I started working in my current job so that does feel like an age ago. :pac:


Advertisement