Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Pretty sure I know the answer already but is it possible to buy packs on the webapp by Fifa Points?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

If you have the fifa points in your account you can use them on the webapp, i dont think you can purchase points on the app though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Opened a tonne of TOTS packs today. Didn't even get a decent normal rare card :( 30 quid flushed down the toilet.

Thought I was going the same way but I got TOTS Mandzukic in the last pack I opened of the 15k packs. Scared of the 35k packs as I've burnt through coins to get one of the TOTS gems. Matic, De Rossi and Mandzukic are the best I've seen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On a whim, threw another 30 quid at packs this morning.

Got a plain old Nasri, and nothing else above 90.

Thats crazy. 60 quids worth of cards, and I got a single player who'd make it into any of my first teams. It's not that I expect a Blue card of whatever, not even a TOTW player. A normal rare card would have kept me happy, but something to justify spending that cash. But no. Nothing.

Worse, every team I play now is packed with Blues and Legends. Now, I don't believe everyone I play is an expert trader, nor do I believe that they have had absolutely phenomenal luck.

Thinking of jacking in the game tbh. Just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've a couple of blue cards without much trading and without buying a single pack on the game :pac:

Should have 300k+ from matches at this point really

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I've a couple of blue cards without much trading and without buying a single pack on the game :pac:

Should have 300k+ from matches at this point really

How? :(

Going to try and sell up a few of the teams I never use. Have managed to buy a decent Bund Team. Just trying to save up for Reus to finish it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any1 around want to play for players

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any1 around want to play for players

What console?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

What console?

Xbox 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

€60 on Ultimate Team packs in May? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

How? :(

Going to try and sell up a few of the teams I never use. Have managed to buy a decent Bund Team. Just trying to save up for Reus to finish it off.

You are doing it wrong if you are spending 60 quid on packs and finding yourself having to save for Reus, who is relatively cheap. The items you get in those would be sold for the 40k or whatever Reus is.

Sure you get 9 or 10k just for staying in some of the higher divisions. A few of those and you have Reus

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Pulled my own TOTS

€60 on Ultimate Team packs in May?

Don't drink, don't have much of a social life right now. justify it by saying I know people who'd spend that easily on a Friday night on booze and cigarettes and not blink about it the next morning when they have nothing to show for it.
    You are doing it wrong if you are spending 60 quid on packs and finding yourself having to save for Reus, who is relatively cheap. The items you get in those would be sold for the 40k or whatever Reus is.

Sure you get 9 or 10k just for staying in some of the higher divisions. A few of those and you have Reus

I burned through a few of the TOTS packs; for the most part, I'd keep the contracts and injury cards, but the "rares" I was getting were players selling for 700-800 max. As I said above, the rarest I got was Nasri, who I'm struggling to sell for 3,500 coins right now. Be it horrid luck or whatever, I simply didn't get any player who would sell on the transfer market for anything whatsoever. :/

And yeah, pretty obvious to say "Sure, win matches in high divisions and you'll be grand"; the problem for me is getting there and staying there. Have managed to get to Div 4 with my Bund team now, but it's still teams with at least one or two blues in them constantly even at the lower levels. I can stay in the division but promotion isn't as easy when you're having to deal with teams with Ronaldo and Messi in them at the same time...

Don't drink, don't have much of a social life right now. justify it by saying I know people who'd spend that easily on a Friday night on booze and cigarettes and not blink about it the next morning when they have nothing to show for it.

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I burned through a few of the TOTS packs; for the most part, I'd keep the contracts and injury cards, but the "rares" I was getting were players selling for 700-800 max. As I said above, the rarest I got was Nasri, who I'm struggling to sell for 3,500 coins right now. Be it horrid luck or whatever, I simply didn't get any player who would sell on the transfer market for anything whatsoever. :/

And yeah, pretty obvious to say "Sure, win matches in high divisions and you'll be grand"; the problem for me is getting there and staying there. Have managed to get to Div 4 with my Bund team now, but it's still teams with at least one or two blues in them constantly even at the lower levels. I can stay in the division but promotion isn't as easy when you're having to deal with teams with Ronaldo and Messi in them at the same time...
    If you're going to spend money when don't you just buy coins? I think you'd get 100k for like 7 or 8 quid, way better than spending 30 quid to get nothing.

AdamD wrote: »
    If you're going to spend money when don't you just buy coins? I think you'd get 100k for like 7 or 8 quid, way better than spending 30 quid to get nothing.

Because I have read stories of people being banned and that it's illegal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Because I have read stories of people being banned and that it's illegal :(

Do what I do. Buy them on a separate account then trade it over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've bought coins a few times with no repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just a warning lads, Ive seen my fair share of accounts getting banned/ wiped for buying coins/selling coins.

Not all get caught but when they do there is no overturning it no matter how much you appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Didn't realise buying coins wasn't allowed, I've done it several times myself. I don't really see the problem with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Le Requin wrote: »
    Didn't realise buying coins wasn't allowed, I've done it several times myself. I don't really see the problem with it?

Yeah its a big no no but some accounts do get through without action. The problem with a lot of the coin sellers are that some of them are the guys behind those scam links that you find everywhere so basically you are buying stolen items.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/fut-coin-buying-selling-warning-risks/

Le Requin wrote: »

I guess the problem is that if you're spending cash on coins, you're not spending it on Fifa points, so they make it against the ToS and close accounts they catch.

Shame really. If there was a better balance between spending cash and what you get from it through the offical route, it might cut out coin sellers somewhat...

I guess the problem is that if you're spending cash on coins, you're not spending it on Fifa points, so they make it against the ToS and close accounts they catch.

Shame really. If there was a better balance between spending cash and what you get from it through the offical route, it might cut out coin sellers somewhat...

Its also as Joe said the chances are the coins your getting could of been scammed off someone else. You would rarely buy off someone who is a legit trader

Anyone want to help me decide where to invest 50k?

Running two main teams (neither with anything past normal cards, no TOTW, TOTS or whatever) First is...
    Adler
    Pischek - Hummels - Dante - Alaba
    Martinez - Sven Bender
    Reus
    Kroos
    Muller
    Lewandowski

That's my primary team right now. Winning far more than they lose.

Second is my PL team.
    De Gea
    Zabaleta - Vidic - Luiz - Baines
    Gerrard - Sandro
    Navas
    Rooney
    Willian
    Suarez

That team seems to be about 50/50 in terms of winning and losing so I reckon could need more investment.

Sandro is a bit of a weak link so was tempted to save for Yaya, but thought I might also be able to sell Suarez and combine it with the 50k to get a 110k striker. But that would be more a luxury to come after stabilizing the rest of the team.

Thoughts?

FUT getting a free WC update...

"Untradeable" meaning there's no AH either, i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Boulders

Anyone fancy sorting out a FUT WC tournament/league?

Very happy with that. Was pissed off there would be no World Cup content at all for Next Gen but with this, especially as a free add on, it should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Sold all my players there couple weeks back just fed up with the game had just under 2 million.
    So decided to sell them on reddit and wouldnt ya know i some how managed to get scammed out of 900k :pac:

Anyway ive had better luck with the rest im down to my last 200,000 made about 70 or 80 euro so could be worse.

Been bit by bit selling off all my consumables except badges jerseys staff and stadiums. Seriously i have 100s and 100s of maybe 1000s of cards such as contracts position modifier chem cards fitness etc to sell and ive already sold loads. You be surprised just how much u can make just by selling all the crap left over .

first time getting a team of the season player and i get two :D
    I know there crap but i don't care :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

first time getting a team of the season player and i get two :D
    I know there crap but i don't care :D

Actually quite good.

Advertisement