Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Team 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Le Requin wrote: »
    They're ridiculous. Best I got was a 78 rated german defender with 52 pace :pac:

Pacewhore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Le Requin wrote: »
    They're ridiculous. Best I got was a 78 rated german defender with 52 pace :pac:

Packs for me have always been ridiculous. Yet i still get the flutters whenever i open one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Opened my other 9 TOTS packs today. Best I got was Honda. fml

TOTS Schneiderlin is now the best card iv ever got in a pack

Now to sell him and open 2 more TOTS packs, or build a team around him because

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Currently playing with this team and I'm loving it!!

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10691101/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Playing a few seasons matches online last night (currently in div 2), came up against a lad with one of the better teams I've seen (IF Hazard & Suarez, TOTS Rooney, De Gea, Matic and Cahill. Aguero on the bench).

Playing away in the first half, I went one up, he equalised a few minutes later - 1-1 at the break, fairly even game. His gameplay was fine, no pacewhoring, kickoff glitch or any of that sh*te.

The second half starts and out of nowhere he starts giving me absolute dogs abuse over the mic, calling me a c*** every five seconds, non-stop, the worst I've ever heard.

80 minutes gone and he scores from a corner to go 2-1 up, watches all the replays, etc.. Cue more abuse.

90 minutes played and I get a corner. Up comes my keeper Courtois, his keeper comes out to catch but only succeeds in knocking it perfectly into the path of Courtois who taps in from two yards out. Your man starts going mad over the mic, saying I cheated (:confused:), and naturally I milk the celebration thinking I've got a draw.

Straight from tipoff he hoofs it up to Aguero who hits the post and the ball rebounds straight into Courtois' hands. I launch it upfield to Suarez on the left touchline, who cuts inside and unleashes a rocket into the far corner. Silence from your man who I can only assume smashed his mic in frustration :pac:. He tips off and the final whistle goes. About 10 minutes later he sends me a long abusive message five separate times :D.

I'm now thinking about quitting the game as I doubt I'll ever get a sweeter win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have never gotten abuse over the game but I always get these retarded kids who either play music or do a running commentary on the game...normally stops after I score 2 or 3 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

I got serious abuse off one lad when I brought the keeper up to take the penalty. Screaming down the mic "come on then" so i chipped it down the middle and he went absolutely spare. He quit out in the 2nd half thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I got serious abuse off one lad when I brought the keeper up to take the penalty. Screaming down the mic "come on then" so i chipped it down the middle and he went absolutely spare. He quit out in the 2nd half thankfully

Bit of a dick move from you. You got a reaction, which was why you did it, no?

Opened more 25k packs. Got TOTS De Rossi. I sold my whole team (~1m coins) to buy packs and I'm around evens. This Wed is the big one. Tempted by those silver packs. TOTS Depay would be a nice sale.

• Advertisement

Bit of a dick move from you. You got a reaction, which was why you did it, no?

I did it because I don't take Fifa as serious as most people

I did it because I don't take Fifa as serious as most people

So you are aware that people are a bit precious about it, yet you seem surprised that you got an earful and were "thankful" when he quit out. Bizarre.

So you are aware that people are a bit precious about it, yet you seem surprised that you got an earful and were "thankful" when he quit out. Bizarre.

Some people like to be competitive when they play games, I like to have a bit of craic. Getting a tirade of abuse from someone over their mic isn't too pleasant since i scored a legitimate goal so I was quite glad when he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't see the problem with using your goalkeeper to take a penalty, doesn't impact on the game whatsoever or than diminishing the chance of sorting the penalty somewhat. I do it all the time, I've even done it when the scores are level and the final whistle is near, missed some, scored some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭rwg

I dont mind goalkeepers taking penos, but watching every replay is ridiculous, have even played tossers who will watch 5 replays of a peno :rolleyes:

Selling my Italian TOTS Rossi and Cerci.
    Starting to build a German team. Had Reus/Lewandowski/Robben up front and a mismatch of free gold players in crap positions at 4-3-1-2.
    Overall chemistry was 53 and ended up playing some moron with a top PL team.
    Over the top balls etc, replays etc of misses etc and when I scored he started abusing me. He was obviously playing with a few of his mates as I could hear them as well and when he equalized more replays :rolleyes:
    Started passing the ball around keeping possession and making breaks at which point he was calling me a bastard and to play the game:confused:
    Robben scored a screamer for me at 87mins and I made sure to do all the replays just to piss him off. Finished 2-1 to me:)
    Must set up the kinect tonight so I can slag these assholes off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Opened one 25k pack on Ps4 and got IF Pogba.

Well chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

TOTS Andy Reid #winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Got TOTS Azpilicueta and TOTS Gerrard in a matter of minutes :D

<snip>

I've got coins to open packs this week, but the web app is down and im away from the console for the next few weeks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I've got coins to open packs this week, but the web app is down and im away from the console for the next few weeks :(

Android and iOS apps are still up so you can buy on them.

Parawind wrote: »
    Android and iOS apps are still up so you can buy on them.

do these apps work on a nokia 3310i ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

webapp is broke for me on chrome, but works on safari... try that if it applies to you!

Anyone want to swap coin boosts? As in gift me a coin boost in EAFC within the game and I shall do likewise, add me on xbox and send a message or summat.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Anyone want to swap coin boosts? As in gift me a coin boost in EAFC within the game and I shall do likewise, add me on xbox and send a message or summat.

Don't think you can swap coin boost. Its kinda why they took it down in first place as too many people were taking advantage of it

Don't think you can swap coin boost. Its kinda why they took it down in first place as too many people were taking advantage of it

As in you can't gift coin boost? Kind of explains why it fails when I try to gift my son :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    As in you can't gift coin boost? Kind of explains why it fails when I try to gift my son :(

Yeah you can't gift. When it came out in sept, Everybody was gifting everybody the coin boost so it was easy money which ea of course didn't like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Opened a tonne of TOTS packs today. Didn't even get a decent normal rare card :( 30 quid flushed down the toilet.

Yeah you can't gift. When it came out in sept, Everybody was gifting everybody the coin boost so it was easy money which ea of course didn't like.

u sure?
    It gives me the option to gift to my friends and when I click on it it opens my friends list.
    If anyone wants to try it my tags Airblazer on XB1

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    u sure?
    It gives me the option to gift to my friends and when I click on it it opens my friends list.
    If anyone wants to try it my tags Airblazer on XB1

91% sure :p I'll check it with one the lads as my ps4 is boxed up. In the middle of novung .

Advertisement