Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare v Cork All Ireland Senior Hurling Final

Options
1373839404143»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

twincamman wrote: »
    what happens if another draw

Extra time and another replay if neccessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

It wont go to that. There will be a clear winner next Saturday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Amprodude wrote: »
    It wont go to that. There will be a clear winner next Saturday.

We've had two already this year, I don't see you could completely rule it out. I'll take 50/1 on the draw if you are offering it though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

marco_polo wrote: »
    We've had two already this year, I don't see you could completely rule it out. I'll take 50/1 on the draw if you are offering it though :p

I couldnt see it happening IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

My heart will give out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

After the debate after the drawn game re 21 yard frees and players charging against the ball.

There was an interesting decision by a ref down here at the weekend in the county championship semi final,a 21 yard free was scored but he ruled it out because the goalie charged out against the ball,the goalie was booked and free had to be re taken which was then saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Obviously what O'Neill did to Honan - striking him across the head with a hurley was far worse than any jostling Nash got.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Warper wrote: »
    Obviously what O'Neill did to Honan - striking him across the head with a hurley was far worse than any jostling Nash got.

From a Clare perspective I disagree.
    Yes he hit Darach across the helmet but he was provoked. It happened right in front of me and obviously a strike is an immediate yellow card.
    However, the fact that he was provoked does need to be taken into consideration.
    Nash ran down field and was immediately targeted upon with no provocation, or antagonism from him, and in what was clearly a pre-meditated move. Personally, I was embarrassed.

The reason I love hurling is that cynicism, historically, is much less than in other sports. Diving for instance - it's usually just not done. Cynical fouling is the main talking point in GAA Football and it's creeping into hurling.
    I would hate to see this type of negative play happen again on Saturday.

Certainly, if it had happened to Davy back in the day - we'd have been in uproar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes he hit Darach across the helmet but he was provoked. It happened right in front of me and obviously a strike is an immediate yellow card.
    However, the fact that he was provoked does need to be taken into consideration.
    Nash ran down field and was immediately targeted upon with no provocation, or antagonism from him, and in what was clearly a pre-meditated move. Personally, I was embarrassed.

The reason I love hurling is that cynicism, historically, is much less than in other sports. Diving for instance - it's usually just not done. Cynical fouling is the main talking point in GAA Football and it's creeping into hurling.

Certainly, if it had happened to Davy back in the day - we'd have been in uproar.

Why were you embarrassed , that **** has been happening for years, its never going to change. So are you saying its ok to belt someone across the head as long as you were provoked. Are you sure your from Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

Woke up this morning with butterflies in my tummy... why? you may ask... Is it the build up to the replay? the excitement? Butterflies quickly turned into a awful sense of dread.. why? the last match I was brimming with excitement I really thought we would do it (not by much) but we would do it! How do I feel now... its all changed.. I think we left it behind us the last day to be honest.. but wait Cork scored 3 goals and still didn't win! Clare have been an outstanding team this year getting better with every match they have played.. why do I feel sick today because Cork have something to prove... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Are you for real itis easy to embarrass you. And a strike to the head is a red card not a yellow.

Advertisement