Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5

Options
1103104105106107109»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Phone was switching itself off at random times and getting stuck intermittently in a constant loop on the loading screen so I did a factory reset.

All good until today when it did it while charging.
    With the charger plugged in, it goes straight to the white "Google" startup screen without me pressing any buttons. It then switches off and back on again, over and over.

Take the cable out and the phone is completely unresponsive.

Any pointers?

P.S. I'm 4 days out of warranty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

gaius c wrote: »
    Phone was switching itself off at random times and getting stuck intermittently in a constant loop on the loading screen so I did a factory reset.

With the charger plugged in, it goes straight to the white "Google" startup screen without me pressing any buttons. It then switches off and back on again, over and over.

Any pointers?

Happened me with mine ages ago, turned out to be a sticking power button, a few gentle taps with the rubber part of my runner sorted it and it never came back. Though could be worth contacting google they may still cover it with warranty with it only being 3 days out, worst they could do is say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Any pointers?

Contact Google assuming you bought it directly off them tell them you want a repair or a replacement. Don't take no for an answer and mention some of your consumer rights they love when you throw in the Sale of Goods Supply of Services Act.

Thank you muchly. I will contact them again and point out that I've spent over €900 in the play store (including this phone) as well as (outlet store purchases) 3 nexus 7 tablets, 1 nexus 10 tablet and persuaded my brother to buy a nexus 7 as well.
    Happened me with mine ages ago, turned out to be a sticking power button, a few gentle taps with the rubber part of my runner sorted it and it never came back.
    Has to be it. Few taps got the phone switching on again but it's probably only a temp fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Has to be it. Few taps got the phone switching on again but it's probably only a temp fix.

It fixed mine going on a few months now, seems to be a common fault, problem is i dont think the button itself is a serviceable part its built into the motherboard so its an expensive fix, so hopefully google fix it for you, but id get on to them asap

• Advertisement

So I finally got the phone back. Google refused to help and stopped responding when I mentioned sale of goods act. LG were a lot more helpful and did fix it even though I without my phone for pretty much all of May.

And yes, it was the power button.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Use Gravity Screen & you won't need to use the power button. It works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

just wanna let you know: if you ever have a defective screen or your phone doesnt charge anymore:

its INCREDIBLY easy to repair this thing.

my daughter threw it into the toilet twice, the screen got "soaked" and eventually didnt turn on anymore and it wouldnt charge properly.

so i ordered a replacement screen and a charging port off ebay for 50 euro total. replacing these thing is a piece of cake. the whole screen, glass and side frame are one assembly. so when opened, you just transfer all the hardware (motherboard, cameras, speakers, battery) on the new screen and screw everything down again. took me 45 minutes because i was also watching a tutorial video on youtube at the same time. but now i could do it in 15 minutes, i guess.

you need a 00 or 000 philips screw driver, you can get a set at maplin for 7 euro.

Advertisement