Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Crew - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

g24yczy7.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Been on for the last hour or so with no problems or disconnections but it feels like I'm the only one. Every session is empty or maybe 2/3 other people. Race lobbies fill up & start ok but when the race starts I'm racing alone/everyone else leaves.

Someone check outside to make sure that zombie apocalypse hasn't started..

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Been on for the last hour or so with no problems or disconnections but it feels like I'm the only one. Every session is empty or maybe 2/3 other people. Race lobbies fill up & start ok but when the race starts I'm racing alone/everyone else leaves.

Someone check outside to make sure that zombie apocalypse hasn't started..

yep, world war z has started , best of luck

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

*locks door*

*turns on Netflix*

*opens bag of crisps*

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Just had a nosey online looks like psn or cloud server's cud be down alot of people just playing gta v insteada gta online

• Advertisement

Psn seems to be back to its normal average self , I'll try get online later around 10

I've been waiting for the last couple days for the crew to move from 399 to 400.

Just checked it now & its down to 398 :pac:

Never liked him anyways.... whoever he is :D

Invite sent back to Wanchopee [ps3]

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Invite sent Tippshooter Ps3. I could be that 400th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Well if you are then you would be in luck, there is a special celebration and party for the 400th member provided they are on PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,580 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Invite sent Tippshooter Ps3. I could be that 400th :D

Invite sent back do it DOOOO IIITTTTTT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

That's 400 :D

LoYo5Dt.jpg

I remember the day when we reached 50 and I thought it was brilliant. 100 was a pipe dream but 400 members is something else. The T&C's state once a crew reaches 400 members, you each then have to kick in 1 euro to the crew leader. I accept paypal or GTA Online shark cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I remember the day when we reached 50 and I thought it was brilliant. 100 was a pipe dream but 400 members is something else. The T&C's state once a crew reaches 400 members, you each then have to kick in 1 euro to the crew leader. I accept paypal or GTA Online shark cards.

Just send me your bank account details and sort code and i'll be sure to wire you the monies...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's 399 of us sheehy...

<_<
    >_>

Don't push it...

:P

I'll be using the crew messages a bit more often.
    Keep an eye out for them :pac:

aQuLjqB.jpg

That is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

that's funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

hi can i ask are many of ye switching over to the ps4 when gta come outs on it

Niallfitz1 wrote: »
    hi can i ask are many of ye switching over to the ps4 when gta come outs on it

I won't be getting the Ps4 for a while yet , for a few reasons. And tbh I don't think I would buy GTA again even with its better graphics etc , because essentially its the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    because essentially its the same game.
    Thats my bubble burst... I actually hope that it has something extra ordinary in it like new campaign character or totally different game like they done with the lost and damned etc... Can see online being the same only that it will probably have added heists and extra dlc on next gen...

KeshFM93 wrote: »
    I won't be getting the Ps4 for a while yet , for a few reasons. And tbh I don't think I would buy GTA again even with its better graphics etc , because essentially its the same game.

Over time I can see gta online on the new systems getting better and better.

I wonder how long rockstar will support ps3 and 360 versions? 2years? Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'd imagine that a full lobby of crew (30) on ps4/xbox1 would be absolute mayhem :D

I think the fragmentation from 2 systems now to 4 in Nov, then 5 in Jan, will be pretty annoying.
    I wish online could be cross platform! At least with ps4/xbox1/pc if not the older ones.

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Thats my bubble burst... I actually hope that it has something extra ordinary in it like new campaign character or totally different game like they done with the lost and damned etc... Can see online being the same only that it will probably have added heists and extra dlc on next gen...

sorry , not trying to be billy bringdown , or even buzz killington , I was only speaking for myself , The only way I would be hyped up to get the ps4 is if they brought out GTA 6 , and neither man nor beast could stop me from getting one. :)

I do think GTA will be better on ps4 , however just not enough for me to justify getting the ps4 or GTA 5. And I'm not casting judgement on anybody who's getting GTA on next gen . If theres extra story content and better DLC and heists etc and you want that well you should get GTA for next gen.

But for me the best laugh is in a crew session with 8/9 players causing havoc or in a playlist with crew doing a "GTA Utility Race" ;) , and as Marc said there will be larger lobbys , however I cant think of one session where we had a lobby of the full 16 nevermind 30. (and I'm not saying it never happened) just not when I was online)

so to sum up it all depends what your into as far as GTA goes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'll be getting the PC version (mainly for mods) and that will mean I'll be making a return to online. I enjoyed online whenever I've played it, but at the moment I can't justify paying for XBL when I really only can play one night a week with patchy internets.

I'd say PS3/X360 will keep getting the cosmetic updates (new cars, clothes, mission types, etc), but I think there's going to come a point when they're going to have to say "Right, PS4/X1/PC are getting this because their hardware is capable of it. PS3/X360 aren't because theirs isn't. Soz."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi lads, I hadn't played GTA V since April or May and started back playing this week. I'm on 360 in the Boards Crew 2 [BOC2]. Is this still going? Haven't found anyone from the crew in the last few nights!

Brendão wrote: »
    Hi lads, I hadn't played GTA V since April or May and started back playing this week. I'm on 360 in the Boards Crew 2 [BOC2]. Is this still going? Haven't found anyone from the crew in the last few nights!

I think a lot of BOC2 joined up with BRDS when the cap was increased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Brendão wrote: »

Switch to brds. More chance then.

Advertisement