Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X SL Pro Carbon Ultegra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Fathead, for 1299 only matt black is available. Also they will charge you €100 extra if using a BTW voucher . I was told it would be second or third week in september befire they are ready
    . Lol this totally contradicts what I was told. Only red left and btw use was no problem. It's the Matt I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I have being told I will have mine this Saturday (Will know for defo tomorrow if I don't I have a big prob) so I will keep all informed and as for the lads down there they are sound and replied to my email in 2 hours by phoning me I will keep you posted :D
    BTW 100 euro I don't think so .

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

I ordered mine a few weeks ago was told btw voucher was no problem. So I applied and when it was processed I rang to pay. Only then was I told they charge 100 extra for btw vouchers. And if I didn't like it they didn't care. Sure what choice do you have at that stage. My job only use the voucher so no other options. I personally have not had any problems getting through to them and generally very friendly on tthe phone . Not informing me re voucher has soured it a little bit

I now have a €1000 voucher for a shop that can't get the bike i want...................two weeks ago i ordered the bike get a mail this morning saying its pre pay only and there all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

MRJ wrote: »
    They should be open tomorrow, I made the trip down Monday with the intention of buying the SL Pro but after almost an hour of driving around looking for the place and their phone ringing out as they had some problem with their landline. When I found the shop they had no large frame in stock to try out. They are nice looking bikes though. I ended up buying a Felt on the way home:)

Out of fnterest, which Felt model did you buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

CJC999 wrote: »
    Out of fnterest, which Felt model did you buy?

I bought a Felt AR5.

:D:D:D I got mine

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

Carpenter wrote: »

Congrats. The most important thing to do now is take it for a spin post pictures of it for us to gawk at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

Fair play, best of luck with her!!

That I will do and if you want I will give a blow by blow account of my experience with planet x which I have to say was TOP CLASS I am away for a few days but will do it when back with the mods permission :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Peter McA

That I will do and if you want I will give a blow by blow account of my experience with planet x which I have to say was TOP CLASS I am away for a few days but will do it when back with the mods permission :D:D

are you back yet?? when can we see some photos??

I have one ordered and going to collect on Sat, Damien there very helpful and has me booked to check fitting etc. first road bike on bike to work scheme, no mention of Eur100 charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

Hi Guys

Currently thinking about upgrading my current bike through the bike to work. Just seen that planet X seem to be running a deal thats too good to miss. See link

http://planetxireland.com/products-p...gra-pre-order/

Is there something im missing or is this deal as good as it sounds. Ive also being looking at the cube from cycle superstore

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/p...dproduct=57505

Budget is about €1500. Is there anything else out there.

Id love to hear from anyone who has bought the bike and the thoughts on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The PX is a fine bike. Nothing spectacular in terms of latest technology, the same frame is being sold for 6years, that model of ultegra is 3y old but still it won't give you any trouble. It's a pleasure to ride too.

r8o4.jpgMy new bike :D not a great snap I will upload some good pics ASAP

dots104 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Currently thinking about upgrading my current bike through the bike to work. Just seen that planet X seem to be running a deal thats too good to miss. See link

http://planetxireland.com/products-p...gra-pre-order/

Is there something im missing or is this deal as good as it sounds. Ive also being looking at the cube from cycle superstore

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/p...dproduct=57505

Budget is about €1500. Is there anything else out there.

Id love to hear from anyone who has bought the bike and the thoughts on it

Go for it you will not be sorry chap

r8o4.jpgMy new bike :D not a great snap I will upload some good pics ASAP

very nice, is that the original saddle? looking forward to collecting mine tomorrow, oh yeah.

Peter McA wrote: »
    very nice, is that the original saddle? looking forward to collecting mine tomorrow, oh yeah.

No that's my prolog pro did you get the bike ?

I got mine today, great bike to ride, light as a feather, gears nice and slick, best value for money on the market by a mile.

I got mine today, great bike to ride, light as a feather, gears nice and slick, best value for money on the market by a mile.

Top class nothing comes near it on price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Great stuff but What pedals are they?????????

• Advertisement

Great stuff but What pedals are they?????????

Just pedals put on to check gears and chain rub, is there a problem????????????????????????

Fathead wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on one of these using the BTW, now the hard part black or matt black?????

Well that took a lot longer than expected. It finally arrived through the door i'll post a snap when i get her built up.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Avoid these and this bike waiting over 6 weeks for the bike and have to contact them to get updates. They don't give a **** about the customer and their attitude is if you don't like it get a refund. Without a doubt the worst company I've ever used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

RasTa wrote: »
    Avoid these and this bike waiting over 6 weeks for the bike and have to contact them to get updates. They don't give a **** about the customer and their attitude is if you don't like it get a refund. Without a doubt the worst company I've ever used.

Most people who deal with the lads in Athlone seem more than happy with the results.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Most people who deal with the lads in Athlone seem more than happy with the results.

Nah there is no responsibility and usual it's not their fault. I ordered a €1300 bicycle and I don't really care if it was outside their control. If you where waiting 2 months and all they offered was free shipping on the bike would you be happy?

Surprised they even charge shipping on the bikes at that price.

Also a few people told me to stay away before ordering and I should have listened.

All they are is a drop-shipping company, cheaper to get directly from the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭Plastik

I would imagine that if you actually trawled the threads the split would be 50:50. I was certainly very unimpressed when I used them in 2011, it's a pity that it seems like nothing has changed.

I wouldn't darken their door for a tube, not to mention a bike these days.

RasTa wrote: »
    Nah there is no responsibility and usual it's not their fault. I ordered a €1300 bicycle and I don't really care if it was outside their control. If you where waiting 2 months and all they offered was free shipping on the bike would you be happy?

Surprised they even charge shipping on the bikes at that price.

Also a few people told me to stay away before ordering and I should have listened.

All they are is a drop-shipping company, cheaper to get directly from the UK site.

Ordering form the UK = dealing with issues with a company outside the country (if issues occur, which they probably wont, they are good bikes).

Look, fair enough you had a bad experience, and you're not the first, but on the whole, there are more people who were happy with their service than unhappy, so I offered that as a counter to your "stay away" advice.

And I'm pretty sure that bike is the same price from the UK website as the Irish Store.

Actually, I take that back, it's €130 cheaper from the .co.uk website.

Fair enough point there.

Ordering form the UK = dealing with issues with a company outside the country (if issues occur, which they probably wont, they are good bikes).

Look, fair enough you had a bad experience, and you're not the first, but on the whole, there are more people who were happy with their service than unhappy, so I offered that as a counter to your "stay away" advice.

And I'm pretty sure that bike is the same price from the UK website as the Irish Store.

£999 is €1177 so decent savings on bikes, I'm guessing you know them personally?

• Advertisement

I got mine after a ridiculous long wait time. The contact i had started ****e but eventually i was in daily contact with the owner, who got the shipping issues sorted.
    On the whole i'm glad i waited it's a cracking bike at a great price.

Advertisement