Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

RB100 wrote: »
    Can someone please advise me on what to do here, should I sell A. Cole for Vertonghen for a -4 hit?? or wait till next week?...

Cole- united(A)
    Vertonghen- swansea(H)

Any help on this before I do it? Like what are the chances of Chelsea keeping a clean sheet with RVP around??

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Any help on this before I do it? Like what are the chances of Chelsea keeping a clean sheet with RVP around??

Chances are very slim, especially considering how they played against Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

BNMC wrote: »
    Definitely Turner. Hull are septic.

Aye, was leaning that way alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Decent first Wk...83pts
    Brought in Luke Shaw early in week for jagielka
    Have 1m in bank.....team is
    Mignonette
    Mert,Ivanovic,zabaleta,shaw
    Hazard,Wiltshire ,Dembele,mirallas,
    RVP,Giroud
    Subs~jaaskekainen,Mc naughton Anelka

??? Is thinking of taking 4 pt hit to get Hazard out for someone like Nolan or Silva,am a man Utd fan so hate picking City lads!!:)....
    Would ye reckon Nolan or Silva...am going with Mirallas as Capt.
    Any replies appreciated.

Wilshere and Dembele are your problem. Play Hazard as I can see Chelsea scoring.

Oh, and excluding City players because of your Man U allegiance will kill you in FF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Brought in Shaw this week before his price increased, had him in my final draft but took him out last minute for some reason...

Going for

Boruc
    Shaw - Ivanovic - Zabaleta - Coleman
    Carrick - Hazard - Walcott(Capt)
    Benteke - Van Wolfswinkel - Sturridge

Bench
    Cech - Turner - Morrison(WBA) - Koren

Is it too much of a risk with 2 saints players in my defence?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Brought in Shaw this week before his price increased, had him in my final draft but took him out last minute for some reason...

Going for

Boruc
    Shaw - Ivanovic - Zabaleta - Coleman
    Carrick - Hazard - Walcott(Capt)
    Benteke - Van Wolfswinkel - Sturridge

Bench
    Cech - Turner - Morrison(WBA) - Koren

Is it too much of a risk with 2 saints players in my defence?

Saints aren't a bad side at all and Sunderland are no great shakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

karma_ wrote: »
    Saints aren't a bad side at all and Sunderland are no great shakes.

Yeah I was looking at highlights from the Sunderland game last weekend, they look poor, could be for the drop this year when you look at the upgrades other teams have made...Think I'll leave my team as I have it and just live in hope:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

They managed it last year. If any team is going to keep a clean sheet at OT its chelsea. I totally understand the rush to get rid of Lukaku but the likes of hazard, ivanovic, terry etc are not bad options this week. Its a tough game but I have no problem playing Cech and hazard this week and expect atleast 8 pts between the two of them. Chelsea and mourinho have traditionally done well at old trafford and personally I think its a 50/50 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Silva, Coutinho, Walcott or RVP captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Benimar wrote: »
    Wilshere and Dembele are your problem. Play Hazard as I can see Chelsea scoring.

Oh, and excluding City players because of your Man U allegiance will kill you in FF.

Know I need not be blinded by Utd allegiances,but hazard has no GW3 and I don't intend using WC for a while.
    Wilshire shud be good for assists,Dembele needs to go in time alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

They managed it last year. If any team is going to keep a clean sheet at OT its chelsea. I totally understand the rush to get rid of Lukaku but the likes of hazard, ivanovic, terry etc are not bad options this week. Its a tough game but I have no problem playing Cech and hazard this week and expect atleast 8 pts between the two of them. Chelsea and mourinho have traditionally done well at old trafford and personally I think its a 50/50 game.

United had nothing to play for though in what was a drab affair (which turned out to be Fergie's last game without the world knowing his secret :(). I'd expect goals from both sides RVP and Hazard should both be in the thick of it. A defender could indeed score from a set-piece but I'd say there'll be goals from both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

I have Terry, but I'm just going to bench him for the next two weeks.

Well too late now ha. Cole out Ver in (-4) so watch Cole get 10 ponts and Vertonghen get sent off..

United had nothing to play for though in what was a drab affair (which turned out to be Fergie's last game without the world knowing his secret :(). I'd expect goals from both sides RVP and Hazard should both be in the thick of it. A defender could indeed score from a set-piece but I'd say there'll be goals from both sides.

Ye I agree there was nothing at stake for utd in that game. But Chelsea seemed to be the only team to have Utds measure last year in most of the 5 games played between the two sides. 1 1 would be the most likely score in my opinion but I dont get a 4 pt hit to get rid of a chelsea player this week, which a lot seem to be doing or benching a player like hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Nice first GW - 93 points.

Mignolet
    Coleman - Mertesacker - Johnson
    Mirallas - Walcott - Coutinho - Hazard
    V. Wolfswinkel - Soldado - Benteke

Considering taking Hazard out for Walters. Ill need Hazard out by the next GW anyway and Walters has two nice fixtures, do a straight swap back in after. What ye reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Ye I agree there was nothing at stake for utd in that game. But Chelsea seemed to be the only team to have Utds measure last year in most of the 5 games played between the two sides. 1 1 would be the most likely score in my opinion but I dont get a 4 pt hit to get rid of a chelsea player this week, which a lot seem to be doing or benching a player like hazard.

Ya but if you aren't W carding early Hazard has to go

Ya but if you aren't W carding early Hazard has to go

he does but next week is a better time to do it than this week. The player you bring in for him this week could get injured or other issues arise over the next week. Hazard is still one of the top 10 midfield picks for this week IMO.
    If hazard out is your only transfer fair enough but a 4 pt hit this week is not worth it in most circumstances.

Well I was gonna be selling Cole anyway and I wanted to get in Vertonghen in case he does class and a price rise because I intended to buy him in at some stage as I think he will worth it throughout the season. I still have Hazard anyway.

Please can somebody tell me a second hit to bring Dzeko in for Jay Rodriguez is madness? even though I'll want to do it next week and will also want Silva in for Hazard too.

Please can somebody tell me a second hit to bring Dzeko in for Jay Rodriguez is madness? even though I'll want to do it next week and will also want Silva in for Hazard too.

im going to sit on the fence for that one. 50/50 call for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Kos and Mannone out
    Lescott and McGregor in

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭GBXI

Took a gamble on Shurrle in GW1 and have now brought in Lennon for him. Capt VP tho I just know Benteke will bite me in the ass for not giving him the armband.

im going to sit on the fence for that one. 50/50 call for me

If I knew J-Rod would start it'd be a no brainer to keep him this week but with Osvaldo I'm not sure if he'll start from the bench or from the beginning. I guess all 3 could play. It's a tough one but I'd need Dzeko to score for it to be worthwhile and he mightn't even start himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Seems like a lot of people taking hits after the first week already,

So tempted too but think ill be more pissed of if my current player scores, rather then struggling to make up the +4 needed (GW 3 may be exceptions for some people)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Everyone should take hits imo, take as many as possible.

If I knew J-Rod would start it'd be a no brainer to keep him this week but with Osvaldo I'm not sure if he'll start from the bench or from the beginning. I guess all 3 could play. It's a tough one but I'd need Dzeko to score for it to be worthwhile and he mightn't even start himself.

Think I'll take a chance with Rodriguez for another week. Have a nagging feeling he could find the net whether he starts or comes on as a sub

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/109204/southampton-vs-sunderland/preview

Seem to suggest Osvaldo may start on bench or certainly won't get 90 minutes anyway which leaves me with another week of praying Dzeko doesn't score :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Tomorrow will show if it's worth having 3 Norwich players in my team, Turner, snodgrass and the wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Think I'll take a chance with Rodriguez for another week. Have a nagging feeling he could find the net whether he starts or comes on as a sub

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/109204/southampton-vs-sunderland/preview

Seem to suggest Osvaldo may start on bench or certainly won't get 90 minutes anyway which leaves me with another week of praying Dzeko doesn't score :pac:

Dzeko will score, it's inevitable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Dzeko and Soldado might just sneak over the line for an increase, for anyone who like to leave their transfers til the last minute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mugsy_P

Sub Hazard out for Walters for the next two GWs... Yay or nay?

Advertisement