Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with the so-called liberals on After Hours?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

bullhits wrote: »
    I made this thread to call them out, to see if they'd admit it themselves.

This is all very reds under the bed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullhits

I see it happening all the time to be honest. Try being a politician or a famous person and see if you can get away with it. People are getting negative PR and berated heavily in the press and elsewhere for saying marriage is exclusive for a man and a woman for example (I don't think it is personally)

Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Finally someone who talks sense.

Going to name some names now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Finally someone who talks sense agrees with me.
    Fixed that up there for ya.

No charge.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Lyaiera wrote: »
    This is typical of all these so called liberals in After Hours. Someone makes a well-reasoned and rounded argument and all you do is insult it, laugh at it and ignore it. If you lot had the decency to engage in honest debate with normal people you might get something done. Instead you spend your time either insulting regular people or reading your loony pals' blogs.

Easy, Lyaiera. Go easy, man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

endacl wrote: »
    That reads as suspiciously liberal...

I honestly think it's the best thing I've written all day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,102 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lyaiera wrote: »
    This is typical of all these so called liberals in After Hours. Someone makes a well-reasoned and rounded argument and all you do is insult it, laugh at it and ignore it. If you lot had the decency to engage in honest debate with normal people you might get something done. Instead you spend your time either insulting regular people or reading your loony pals' blogs.

Except that happens very, very rarely. In threads such as the Irish langauge, death penalty, immigration, legalise cannabis or gay marraige, the non-liberal mindset is to demonise, scaremonger and then blame liberals for every societal ill by appointing attributes that are neither liberal nor rationally to any human mindset.

There is also the very vague attitude to research. Asking for example in the gay marraige thread, for documented cases or peer-reviewed research and then dismissing it without even reading it when it is presented. Or, as in the case of the immigration thread, linking to the first document google throws back, which most of the time does not say what they think it says. One guy linked to a tread in Norwegian that actually decimated his own argument!

None of these tactics is in any way well reasoned or well rounded.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

None of these tactics is in any way well reasoned or well rounded.
    Or intellectually honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭average hero

I don't think Ireland is liberal. We like to think that we are due to the fact we are shaking off the shackles of Britain and the Catholic Church. We are much more liberal than we were say 30 years ago, but that does not make us liberal in a global context. I believe we are quite progressive however.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

OP banned for being a rabble rousing troll.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement