Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My son just got stabbed

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Honestly, as a father of two I'm flabbergasted.

I'm actually astounded that you're bored and not seething in anger or in turmoil at the situation that you and your son find yourself.

But I wish you son a very speedy recovery, and you a does of reality.

"bored" for crying out loud.

Alani Quaint Machine, do you have anything constructive or helpful to say?
    Does it make you feel better to pass judgement in the middle of the night on a parent in a hospital?

Mod

Makikomi banned for three days for ignoring mod instruction not to post on thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Honestly, as a father of two I'm flabbergasted.

I'm actually astounded that you're bored and not seething in anger or in turmoil at the situation that you and your son find yourself.

But I wish you son a very speedy recovery, and you a does of reality.

"bored" for crying out loud.

I am not angry.just so relieved he is ok. I would say the anger will come once the shock wears off . Of course I am bored, been sitting on a chair for six hours excuse me for getting bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I was going to offer my sympathy, and ask questions about what happened that led up to the stabbing. But if I do, I'm afraid a mod might ban me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I was walking to the luas stop at Smithfield market. There was a group of teenagers there and one was saying to the others "just don't let them catch you with it" while putting a screwdriver into his tracksuit bottoms. It was around 4 or 5pm and I bricked it thinking I was going to be mugged.
    Sorry to hear that OP.

Was having a drink earlier in a bar around Camden Street (Dublin). Saw three young lads drinking bottles of beer walking down the street. One pulls out a screwdriver and tucks it back into his jocks.

What do you do in that situation? If there were a Garda around I'd have said something, but this is the city centre at 5pm, those lads would be gone in 5 mins. Kind of maddening you know some young lad is going to get that in the stomach some night, maybe not tonight, and you can't do anything about it.

Assuming the stabbing took place in Dublin, is anyone confused as to why the OP has not followed up two reports on here as to the location of a couple of schwars wandering around town armed and up to no good? In my mind there would be a reasonable chance it is the same kids like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Assuming the stabbing took place in Dublin, is anyone confused as to why the OP has not followed up two reports on here as to the location of a couple of schwars wandering around town armed and up to no good? In my mind there would be a reasonable chance it is the same kids like.

The first post you've quoted makes no reference to the date, it sounds like it was probably a while ago. The second post mentions a specific street, so i'm going to assume if it happened nearby the OP would have commented on it....could also be the fact that screwdrivers were mentioned and that would rule them out as some other implement was involved....

No idea why you're confused really

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

I agree with you that the above 2 reports seem related but I don't think we know yet where the OP's son was stabbed? She may have already followed up on it outside boards or will later. I know I'm making gender assumptions and generalisations here, but in my experience females tend to be better at prioritising concern/empathising/emotional stuff than males. Males usually disregard the softer side of things and straight away ask for facts or try to resolve situations/find solutions without doing that emotional/empathising step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Mod

Makikomi banned for three days for ignoring mod instruction not to post on thread again.

Mods banning mods? Can you advise me where I can read the regulations relating to this reporting structure. Many Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Kettleson wrote: »
    Mods banning mods? Can you advise me where I can read the regulations relating to this reporting structure. Many Thanks .

..Alani Quaint Machine is not a mod in AH.. straight forward enough

Kettleson wrote: »

Alani Quaint Machine is not a mod of this forum and therefore is treated as any other poster would be.

As per the charter, if you have queries on mod actions please take them to PM.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    The first post you've quoted makes no reference to the date, it sounds like it was probably a while ago. The second post mentions a specific street, so i'm going to assume if it happened nearby the OP would have commented on it....could also be the fact that screwdrivers were mentioned and that would rule them out as some other implement was involved....

No idea why you're confused really

I put those two quotes in the wrong order. Poster one said (today, almost certainly) he saw lads drinking and armed in town. Poster two appears to have seen the same lads near the Luas stop.

If this attack happened at a similar time in a suburb along or near that Luas line, and assuming everyone is telling the truth, it would be a pretty big coincidence if it was a different set of kids involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I put those two quotes in the wrong order. Poster one said (today, almost certainly) he saw lads drinking and armed in town. Poster two appears to have seen the same lads near the Luas stop.

If this attack happened at a similar time in a suburb along or near that Luas line, and assuming everyone is telling the truth, it would be a pretty big coincidence if it was a different set of kids involved.

Would be a much bigger coincidence if it was the same guys in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

I was going to offer my sympathy, and ask questions about what happened that led up to the stabbing. But if I do, I'm afraid a mod might ban me.
    You know that's not the same as the comments that led to bans. Don't be silly.
    Assuming the stabbing took place in Dublin, is anyone confused as to why the OP has not followed up two reports on here as to the location of a couple of schwars wandering around town armed and up to no good?
    No confusion here, cuz.... there's no reason to be "confused". How do you know anyway the OP didn't follow up the two reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry mine happen months ago. I was just surprised how brazen they were. Apparently its a real issue in the UK with youths going around "tooled up" now so maybe its crossed over to here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement