Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My son just got stabbed

Options
  • 12-08-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭

Sitting in the hospital. Bored but really relieved that he is going to be ok. I didnt really think I lived in that bad an area or that it happens to others. Jesus I hate scumbags

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

How old is he? Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Do you have someone there with you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He's lucky he was sitting in the hospital at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Your son just got stabbed, you're sitting in hospital and you come on boards and post in AH

Well done OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

What exactly happened and where ?

Btw op this **** happens in good areas too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So sorry to hear that. Hope he's ok. Scumbags are where you least expect them. Hope you're not alone in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

What didn't you think happens to others? Living in a bad neighborhood?

People get stabbed, the area is not always a factor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

We need more information than that? What age is he? How was he stabbed, unprovoked?

Glad he is ok though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

scudzilla wrote: »
    Your son just got stabbed, you're sitting in hospital and you come on boards and post in AH

Well done OP

To be fair she's a long night ahead.... We've all messed around on our phones in that long wait... Unbearable place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Sorry to hear that OP.

Was having a drink earlier in a bar around Camden Street (Dublin). Saw three young lads drinking bottles of beer walking down the street. One pulls out a screwdriver and tucks it back into his jocks.

What do you do in that situation? If there were a Garda around I'd have said something, but this is the city centre at 5pm, those lads would be gone in 5 mins. Kind of maddening you know some young lad is going to get that in the stomach some night, maybe not tonight, and you can't do anything about it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ArtyC wrote: »
    To be fair she's a long night ahead.... We've all messed around on our phones in that long wait... Unbearable place

Not on boards though in fairness, not when your family member is in hospital :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

hope he ok op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Well done OP

Op would be a better person if they were just sitting there staring at the wall I suppose ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Best At Doing Wheelies

Report it to the gards if you get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well done OP
    Bad form...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Report it to the gards if you get the chance

Ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

italodisco wrote: »
    What exactly happened and where ?

Btw op this **** happens in good areas too

Ah I know. Just always think these things happen to other people. the usual scumbags..looking for smokes then started on a few of them. He was really lucky he ran away and a woman helped them and rang the gaurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

yop wrote: »
    Not on boards though in fairness, not when your family member is in hospital :cool:

Why? What would be more acceptable? Facebook? Twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Well done OP
    Well he/she has already said that he's going to be ok. Imagine being in a waiting room on your own, with your thoughts racing - OP is probably just looking for some reassurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Well he/she has already said that he's going to be ok. Imagine being in a waiting room on your own, with your thoughts racing - OP is probably just looking for some reassurance.

Entertainment more like.... op did say they were bored

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

With a pork sword?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ArtyC wrote: »
    Why? What would be more acceptable? Facebook? Twitter?

None, I know I wouldn't be of a mindset to be stuck on a public forum. Considering this also may lead to a criminal case then its not overly advisable for the OP to be on here since his/her son was the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Yeah, reassurance from strangers of the internet, at half eleven at night:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sorry to hear that OP and hopefully he makes a quick recovery. Scum who live by the blade will die by the blade, and his attacker will hopefully find himself on the recieving end of one very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Wow. Someone's son got stabbed and within only a few posts, some holier-than-thou smart-arse c**t has already jumped in to judge the f**k out of someone. Usually takes at least two pages before that kinda s***e starts happening, no? Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Well. Now all that's dealt with, are you up for a bit of chat OP? Help pass the time? What hospital are you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

None, I know I wouldn't be of a mindset to be stuck on a public forum. Considering this also may lead to a criminal case then its not overly advisable for the OP to be on here since his/her son was the victim.

Tweeting in the ambulance on the way to the hospital would be one thing but posting on a forum while in the waiting room knowing everything was gonna be ok is fine.

And the first thing the Gardai will do is ask the public if they seen anything, its not gonna be any great secret. Only talking about ongoing court cases are frowned upon on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

None, I know I wouldn't be of a mindset to be stuck on a public forum.

And what's your mindset got to do with the OP exactly?

purpur1 wrote: »
    Entertainment more like.... op did say they were bored

Nasty tbh.

Op is probably just looking for company. I think she/he probably feels a bit alone in the world at the moment.

OP, I'm glad he'll be okay. Look after yourself too.

Mod

Jesus will ye cop on. Remember the "don't be a dick" rule? It applies here.

• Advertisement

Tweeting in the ambulance on the way to the hospital would be one thing but posting on a forum while in the waiting room knowing everything was gonna be ok is fine.

And the first thing the Gardai will do is ask the public if they seen anything, its not gonna be any great secret. Only talking about ongoing court cases are frowned upon on here.
    And if you understand the legal system you will know that any discussions even pre court case, IF there is going to be one, may prejudice the case. Legals have plenty of ways to use threads like this, has happened in the past in other legal case.

whirlpool wrote: »
    And what's your mindset got to do with the OP exactly?
    :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement