Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How happy are you with your body at the moment?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I hate it and it hates me. I'm hoping if reincarnation exists that I won't get a dud body next time around:(

I know the feeling. I can hide weight pretty well at 6'4 but I used to be six or seven stone heavier. I still have fat days all the time. As long as I've lived, I've never had a flat stomach and thinking about food makes me gain weight. I don't snack, I watch the portions and I get a steady amount of exercise. My dad accused me of having an eating disorder recently!!

PS, I for one like the ladies slightly wobbly.

I'm happy with my looks, I don't see any happiness in wishing I was something I can't ever be - like taller or more shapely or whatever.

Happiness is something people should take for themselves, right now. Not something they should reserve for when they lose 10lbs or get a six pack. Life's too short for conditions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Very happy, enjoy how my body looks and how I feel about it.

I'm female btw

I was a heavy child and lost a lot of weight during my teenage years, and am since at a bmi of about 21

Recently I;ve gotten into exercise, and my weight has gone up but it's muscle weight so I'm more toned.

I've never been on a weight loss diet, and can't imagine how hard it must be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I wonder how many of the happy ones are over 35?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

Katunga wrote: »
    A side effect of getting in shape my confidence has improved greatly over the last year.
    This. I'm probably body confident as Gok would say but at the minute I'm a bit unhappy because my body is not doing what it's told so much anymore and I'm more reliant on medical intervention to help get me do stuff (and it makes me feel a bit old aswell) I'm 37.
    On a positive note I was watching a 72 year old woman (wanja sjoden) work out who would put most 25 year olds to shame so there's hope for me yet. I actually plan on being that fit when I get to that age. (and fcuk you body I will)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Not too happy at the moment.......working on it.

Why is food so damn tasty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

cantdecide wrote: »
    I know the feeling. I can hide weight pretty well at 6'4 but I used to be six or seven stone heavier.

That's amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work! I've lost a few stone and it's tough. REALLY TOUGH! But worth it.
    cantdecide wrote: »
    PS, I for one like the ladies slightly wobbly.

PM sent.... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I was obese and now could probably compete for the mens health mag cover.
    Took me eight years of reading, dieting, discipline, sweat and made every mistake on the way. I earned my tiger stripes (stretch marks) ;) but I'm happy. The wallet isn't though. Body recomp costs a lot on clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

That's amazing! Congratulations on all your hard work! I've lost a few stone and it's tough. REALLY TOUGH! But worth it

It's tough but it was gone beyond a joke- I had to do it for the good of my health. For me, it was really a question of changing my lifestyle and not watching the clock or the weighing scales.
    PM sent.... :-D

You've done it again, sexy avatar:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Not happy at all. I lost 3 stone in 7 months last year and I didn't have it to lose to begin with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Not happy either. I'm a wobbly walker too. I just love them damn carbs!

I do pilates and swim and I cycle or walk to work but I eat too many carbs. I have huge thighs and damn blasted cankles. Even when I had facial surgery and was on a liquid diet and dropped to the lowest weight I have been in years (9st) I still had the blasted cankles. and big thighs. My legs are really short too - I'm 5'8'' and 30 leg length in jeans so it makes them look wider.

I have big boobs and a small waste (thank jaysis) but my boobs make me look larger, not sexy. I also think I have a large skull. My head looks big in photos :eek:

I weigh less than I did a few years ago but there is a big difference in my body - I'm softer and flabbier. I waitressed for years so could eat pretty much what I wanted and not put on much weight, as you're always running around and lifting plates etc. As soon as I started working in an office, I went all pudgy.

I just need to be more strict (and get out of the damn office job)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I'm 21 and I have always had a very big appitite, I'v been known to eat 3 large dinners a day :o but no matter what I do I have always been really skinny. I'm 6'2 so that doesnt help either lol

I have cellulite around my stomach,I'm a bit embaressed about it but other than that no real complaints :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder how many of the happy ones are over 35?

Me.

I'm 38 and in a lot better shape than I was at 25.

Getting light on top but fook it there is nothing I can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Shenshen wrote: »
    I don't drink or smoke.

Being alive usually will be fatal at one point.

smoking is a cracking way to lose weight....................... jus' sayin' is all

:)

Advertisement