Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How happy are you with your body at the moment?

Options
  • 12-08-2013 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

The question is not "how good is your body?" but it's "how happy are you with your body?"

With regards to physical appearance.

I'm unhappy with mine as it is at present. I am actively working towards being happier with it.

How happy are you with your body's physical appearance ? 178 votes

Very happy.
    0% 0 votes
    Mildly happy.
    24% 43 votes
    Mildly unhappy.
    43% 77 votes
    Very unhappy.
    32% 58 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do you even lift bro?

/gets coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm trying to sell mine on, but even the glue factory won't take it at this stage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Perspective:
    If you are lucky enough to have a body that functions in all the ways it was designed to do and is healthy, then don't beat yourself up about it if it's not perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Perspective:
    If you are lucky enough to have a body that functions in all the ways it was designed to do and is healthy, then don't beat yourself up about it if it's not perfect.

Perspective can help in being happier, yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Eh, I'm a fit guy currently. I suppose in comparison to a lot of other people I'm doing well but I still think I could push myself to do a lot better, but I'm satisfied, just would still like to reach my goal body.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I wish I could get a red dress body,but my penis shows too much in tight dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Needs a bit of work, not too much mind you, i'd say if i had a proper diet that would do the job, but I gotta keep apache and dominos in business :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

whirlpool wrote: »
    The question is not "how good is your body?" but it's "how happy are you with your body?"

With regards to physical appearance.

I'm unhappy with mine as it is at present. I am actively working towards being happier with it.

Why the fcuk would someone be sad enough to be 'unhappy' with their body? It's a goddamn miracle, and you want to label your feelings about what it looks like? FFS, I'm overweight and I don't give a flying fcuk, I'm happy with it because I'm as sexy as hell.

OP, what you really mean is 'Am I happy with what I think other people I've never met think about my body?'

Very sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Happy enough except the hairiness. Jesus, its everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

More of a barrel than a six pack tbh.

Could do with about half a stone off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I want to be Better, Faster, Stronger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Feeling rather good about it at the moment, I still have particularly issues with it but I'll get over them eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I get all motivated then work out plenty, start seeing results, then lose interest and go back to square one. Definitely want a nicer chest though, my arms are ok right now, need to tone up le belly though.

I'm unhappy with mine right now. I've put on a few pounds and it's all on my boobs and arms which means that I am buying dresses that are not fitting properly from the waist down.

Need to exercise and tone up big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Pretty happy. I've lost a few kg over the past few weeks but as a result I've noticed not all of my clothes are fitting properly now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I weighed myself over the weekend and was 14 stone, expecting to be 13 stone. Decided to have salad for dinner at least twice this week, then remembered I've steak in - and figured steak would go well with salad. So that's my dinner tonight, a medium rare steak salad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'm not happy with my body at all.

I'm tall and slim but I would like a more toned tummy. It's something I aim to work on this year. I'd like to be more toned overall but really I just want to exercise more regularly for health reasons rather than appearance. I do love exercise but I go through phases of being an exercise junkie and then taking a week off.

I would love bigger boobs but would never get implants so unless the magical fairy comes along there's no fixing that :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I picked very happy, and I think I need to explain this :

I'm obese. But I am less obese than I was 2 years ago, and less obese than I was 1 year ago.
    I've changed my lifestyle (mostly I started exercising) and I've lost some 20kg by now.

But - and here's the part that will get me buried in scorn and abuse here - I do not intend nor have I ever intended to drop down to "normal" weight.

I'm currently approaching a dress size 18, and that is the size I had been aiming for.
    And I am seriously happy with my body at this size.
    I love it.
    I love my boobs, I love my belly, I love my bum, I love my face, my arms, my legs. I simply love it.

And I hope my body will stay just as it is for as long as possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

other then my arms could be bigger im happy since i recently acquired a six pack

• Advertisement

I'm tall and slim but I would like a more toned tummy. It's something I aim to work on this year. I'd like to be more toned overall but really I just want to exercise more regularly for health reasons rather than appearance. I do love exercise but I go through phases of being an exercise junkie and then taking a week off.

I would love bigger boobs but would never get implants so unless the magical fairy comes along there's no fixing that :pac:

I'll swap boobies with ya. Hate them now they're bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yep. It's the only one I've got, so it will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Almost very, very happy. Most of me is fairly athletic, then there's two inches of sumo wrestler between navel and waistline. Somewhere on the other side of the planet, there has to be a huge sumo wrestler with a ridiculously skinny waist. Ok, it's not THAT bad, tummy's ok, but I do have big love handles. Too much handles, not enough love... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I'm tall and slim

at least you're not fat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Why the fcuk would someone be sad enough to be 'unhappy' with their body? It's a goddamn miracle, and you want to label your feelings about what it looks like? FFS, I'm overweight and I don't give a flying fcuk, I'm happy with it because I'm as sexy as hell.

OP, what you really mean is 'Am I happy with what I think other people I've never met think about my body?'

Very sad.

Well you should because it isn't healthy and can lead to life threatning diseases.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could be happy with being overweight. I don't mean being a happy person in general I mean happy with their health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I'm not happy with my body BUT I've lost 27 pounds since March and am on my way to lose another 30, 40, 50 pounds. So while I'm not currently happy with it I am damn proud of it!!!!

Ask me this time next year when I'm an absolute ride and I'm sure my answer will be more positive. :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Im not happy at all with my body, but luckily I have a couple of different bodies in my freezer out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am healthy. And it's mostly in working order. And it's my body, I'm fond of it and I wouldn't swap it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Royal.Baby

Im very happy at the moment. I train 6 days a week, and often train twice a day now i have a few weeks of. This is usually a mixture of various activities and sports, my newest being cycling.

I think exercise is important not just physically but also mentally. No matter how bad a day im having or how much stress i'm under, an hour in the gym or a cycle through the woods always makes me feel better and helps clear my mind. Like everything i think some people just enjoy it more than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭HarrisonLennon

I'm very happy. I'm a 5 ft 11 male. I weighed 13.6 st in jan.
    12.4st today.

Lost it cutting out wheat and alcohol mon-Friday. Simple as that.

I eat quite healthy wholefoods too though

Advertisement