Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How happy are you with your body at the moment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate it and it hates me. I'm hoping if reincarnation exists that I won't get a dud body next time around:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

No "I'm ecstatic" option I notice. I'll take it as an oversight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

I'm in good shape.

Cook my own food, cycle to work, go to the gym on the way home, red wine every evening, rarely drink beer, and don't eat any meat that you can't recognize by looking at it.

I'm not ridiculously fit but I'm fit without having to put in much effort. Anyone can enjoy fitness and it doesn't have to mean huge exertions. In fact, I think starting out by over-trying is why most people give up on fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Never been happier with it. I'm 33, 13.5 stone and reasonably fit and I have broad shoulders. OTOH, im as pale as milk, have too much of a belly and weirdly hairless legs.

I wish I had discovered exercise before the age of 31.

Quite unhappy with its physical appearance. I think I'm fat. I have scars and cellulite. I have big arms from lifting heavy weights but not adjusting my diet. I wobble when I walk.

I could change it if I had more willpower when it came to food but I don't! However I have a good "shape", hips, boobs, bum, and small waist - so it could be worse. Dammit, why do I love food so much >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Working on it. Try to work out 4-5 times per week at the moment. I'm down nearly three stone. Slowly making my way down to my fighting weight. Fingers crossed for New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not 100% happy with it, but I'm a happy positive person generally and I thank God I haven't needed to see my doctor in four years, I don't get sick and I do care about what I eat. I do pig out now and again, but I'm very conscious of what I put in my body and I try my best.
    Once I'm in good health I'm thankful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I've gained a stone and it looks a lot healthier now, with more of a figure. BMI is firmly in the healthy range (and it's accurate since I'm unfit etc.). So I'm very happy with it, finally, and I seem to still be gaining so that's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

honestly, far happier than I ever was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm not happy, all my attempts to use radiation to give myself superpowers have failed, so far all I've given myself is a whole load of cancer. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Nialler15

Quite unhappy with its physical appearance. I think I'm fat. I have scars and cellulite. I have big arms from lifting heavy weights but not adjusting my diet. I wobble when I walk.

I could change it if I had more willpower when it came to food but I don't! However I have a good "shape", hips, boobs, bum, and small waist - so it could be worse. Dammit, why do I love food so much >.<

I hear you. Love my grub way too much. I train hard and eat what i like. Will never have a six pack. Not because i cant but to strip down so much would be to cut out a lot of the foods i love.

Im happy with how I am and thats that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Where's the "happy" option? Not overly or mildly happy, just happy. I'm happy with my body mainly because I know almost everything I put into my mouth (except alcohol and the odd biscuit) is healthy. I'm a healthy weight for my height and always have been. Although right now I'm not as active as I have been (very busy right now), I usually do enough exercise to keep healthy at least (walks and cycling), although I don't have a body of steel.

I suppose I've never set massive standards for myself and always felt that as long as I'm living life in a reasonably healthy way, I'm grand. I don't wince when I look in the mirror, I've never been majorly sick, so for that I'm very grateful. Happy in my skin overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Shenshen wrote: »
    I picked very happy, and I think I need to explain this :

I'm obese. But I am less obese than I was 2 years ago, and less obese than I was 1 year ago.
    I've changed my lifestyle (mostly I started exercising) and I've lost some 20kg by now.

But - and here's the part that will get me buried in scorn and abuse here - I do not intend nor have I ever intended to drop down to "normal" weight.

I'm currently approaching a dress size 18, and that is the size I had been aiming for.
    And I am seriously happy with my body at this size.
    I love it.
    I love my boobs, I love my belly, I love my bum, I love my face, my arms, my legs. I simply love it.

And I hope my body will stay just as it is for as long as possible. :D

This makes me sad :(
    I'll swap boobies with ya. Hate them now they're bigger.

Yay! Everybody wins :pac: To be fair I don't want massive boobs just a cup size bigger would do. I'd imagine any bigger would annoy the hell out of me with exercising. And men staring :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

I'm mildly happy. I started going to the gym about a year ago I was quite skinny for a lad I was 5'9" 64kg now I'm 75kg, aiming to reach 80kg. working on toning my abs now. A side effect of getting in shape my confidence has improved greatly over the last year.
    Go to the gym usually 4 times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

atari jaguar?

meh option?
    __

I'm too lazy to care..

Nialler15 wrote: »
    I hear you. Love my grub way too much. I train hard and eat what i like. Will never have a six pack. Not because i cant but to strip down so much would be to cut out a lot of the foods i love.

Im happy with how I am and thats that.

I love when people are happy with themselves!

I don't dwell on my appearance like I once did - thank god because I used to be flippin miserable!

Overall, I'm not unhappy with my looks. I'm not entirely unattractive, and like I said earlier I've a fairly good shape. I can normally figure out what clothes to wear. I smile a lot and have nice hair! I'm not naked half as often as I'd like to be :D so I don't have to look at my imperfections all day long. I've also copped on to the fact that my body doesn't define me so I can live with what I've got!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

baraca wrote: »
    Well you should because it isn't healthy and can lead to life threatning diseases.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could be happy with being overweight. I don't mean being a happy person in general I mean happy with their health.

Speaking as an overweight person, I'm happy with my health because I'm fit as the notorious fiddle.
    I swim 3-4 times a week, between half and hour to an hour each time, if I do an hour I'll swim 2km in that time.
    I haven't any aches or pains, and on a checkup last year was told by the doctor that whatever I was doing, I was doing it right.

Yes, I am aware that obesity can lead to serious medical conditions. So can smoking, drinking and most types of physical activity.
    I'll take my chances with being fat and physically active, I don't drink or smoke.

Being alive usually will be fatal at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Shenshen wrote: »
    Speaking as an overweight person, I'm happy with my health because I'm fit as the notorious fiddle.
    I swim 3-4 times a week, between half and hour to an hour each time, if I do an hour I'll swim 2km in that time.
    I haven't any aches or pains, and on a checkup last year was told by the doctor that whatever I was doing, I was doing it right.

Yes, I am aware that obesity can lead to serious medical conditions. So can smoking, drinking and most types of physical activity.
    I'll take my chances with being fat and physically active, I don't drink or smoke.

Being alive usually will be fatal at one point.

we'll id say if you're fit there can't be much wrong with you
    and if the doctors happy then happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I'm a fatty

Certainly can't complain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

baraca wrote: »
    Well you should because it isn't healthy and can lead to life threatning diseases.

I honestly don't understand how anyone could be happy with being overweight. I don't mean being a happy person in general I mean happy with their health.

Don't get your G-string in a twist, I've gotten rid of 7 pounds of fat in the last few months by minuscule change in my diet and exercise regime. But I'll let you keep feeling bad for me, I can't be arsed doing it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Where,s that " Eden Hazard " bloke when you want him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

mattjack wrote: »
    Where,s that " Eden Hazard " bloke when you want him ?
    He's buying some 'unreal clothes' and topping up his tan while considering whether to get the latest Justin Bieber or Zac Efron haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I really think Eden gets a hard time on here, you guys take it waaaaaaaay too far.

Lads please don't be slagging off posters that aren't even involved in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

It would be better if I did not have a really good body before :(. I used to train 6 days a week and I was in really good shape. People were always commenting on it and it was one of the first things most people said to me when they met me. Most clothes used to look good on me.

Roll forward 15 years and now I am like a pile of washing with a head. In saying that the head matches the body :). What I do have is a great family I am a happier person now. Would be even happier with the body now but more for health reasons. I don't really mind what I look like but I do mind that I am not as healthy as I should be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Yellow121

:D All you losers with your awful bodies. You'll never know what it's like to be buff like me. I've got skinny arms, a nice big stomach, legs that are small, plump arse and a two inch penis.
    Jealous guys? My mammy says I'm a stud and all the women will love me. Send me a pm ladies if you want to get with me.

Don't be shy ladies, I know you're thinking you don't have a chance but nothing ventured, nothing gained. :)

I think the pm system is broken, will have to report it to the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I could have written this. Well, except for the weights bit because I never work out anymore. But I do wobble when I walk too :(

I have a good shape; hips, boobs and bum with the small waist as you said. The problem is me having the willpower of an excitable puppy when it comes to food. I'm working on it though :)

My body is relatively healthy, if a little sluggish and anaemic. It's just the outside that needs refining!

Advertisement