Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

200motels wrote: »
    I have a good laugh at reading their comments, they are clutching at straws since early Dec, every model run is analysed to the point that every conceivable outcome is possible,
    Yup, which says a lot for most of them and their supposed knowledge of weather.
    A lot of them haven't a clue,are very young so have seen nothing much yet and got lucky in recent years with synoptics panning out for them.
    Yet they are lauded by the group think culture that comes with internet web forum nerd bubbles*

(* we've all been there)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

whitebriar wrote: »
    Yup, which says a lot for most of them and their supposed knowledge of weather.
    A lot of them haven't a clue,are very young so have seen nothing much yet and got lucky in recent years with synoptics panning out for them.
    Yet they are lauded by the group think culture that comes with internet web forum nerd bubbles*

(* we've all been there)
    Ah bubbles, remember him here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Villain wrote: »
    Ah bubbles, remember him here ;)

My favourite here was owenc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Hooter23

snaps wrote: »
    My favourite here was owenc

Owenc the guy who was like our snow is better than yours etc.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Spring anyone?

296034.png
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pleasure lurking around here again this year. As always, lots of knowledgeble and grounded posting allowing an idiot on the subject like myself to feel informed. Disappointing we never got a proper run at a snow event but that should always be the expectation of course for one reason or another.

Catch ye next November! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Spring anyone?

winter anyone? ME latest:
    Sunday morning will be dry with sunny spells, the best of these in the east. It will become increasingly cloudy in the west. Highest temperatures of 6 to 8 degrees. Rain will spread eastwards across the country through the evening and early night. There'll be a risk of sleet or snow in parts of Ulster and north Leinster later on Sunday night and on Monday morning.

winter anyone? ME latest:

I love when my reverse psychology works on weather :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Bit of rubbish hill snow at best, cant imagine but a few % of the population being aware of it if it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Looks good for areas above 200m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Getting bored waiting for decent (dry) weather - very bored

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

David Rogers on the late forecast on RTE Radio 1 "mountainous areas in Munster and Leinster will get a covering of snow overnight Thursday"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

patneve2 wrote: »
    Looks good for areas above 200m
    I'd say well inland and 300mtrs for settling.
    so spots high in the galtee's,the higher parts of the military road,areas near kippure like the sally gap etc in wicklow,the sugar loaf being too marginal
    So a non newsworthy sparsely populated if at all areas event.
    Have people forgotten how hard it is for snow on a southern approaching front to develop with a proper northeasterly that's been in place for days? versus a bit of an aul maratime drift from the north?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭arctictree

Latest GFS showing a temp of 0c for the east midlands under heavy precip for early tomorrow. I'm surprised there isn't more discussion here about this:

Rtavn1817.gif

Rtavn184.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Thats my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes 12z is a bit of an upgrade. If correct it has adjusted the precip quite significantly ( at this time range ) further north than anticipated on the 0z

Still likely to be a high ground event going off models although some low enough elevations could get something inland if things pan out well.

gfs-2-18.png?12

Not bad for the last day of official winter.

296277.png

Anyone for a hike at first light? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Nice enough patch of snow for south Leinster on latest WRF

nmmuk-1-17-0.png?27-18

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

check mt's forecast on daily forecast thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nice enough patch of snow for south Leinster on latest WRF

A more accurate view here shows mostly sleet with snow only really lying on high ground

pDm73x5.png

Likely there will be a few reports in here but nothing more than a slushy mess at best in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭lolie

Harps wrote: »
    A more accurate view here shows mostly sleet with snow only really lying on high ground

viewimage.pbx?type=nmmhi;date=20140227;time=12;ext=17;file=nmmukprectypex;sess=b1d539db7654cfa5c9f74732c423440e;

Likely there will be a few reports in here but nothing more than a slushy mess at best in the morning

Harps any Aurora visible up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I'm in Suffolk in the UK at the moment so no chance here unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously you are looking for snow in late February? The moment the sun sees it - its history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

mike65 wrote: »
    Seriously you are looking for snow in late February? The moment the sun sees it - its history!

Unless the air temperature is 0*C or below.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of snow over the weekend. Travelling to an event.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Moderate Rain/Sleet here in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Heavy hailstones here now in Achill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Hardly. It depends on conditions, have you forgotten last March?

_66602331_afpgcraiganthillsnearbelfast,017575197.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 william60

Settling snow here in north kerry .

vfwjlt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

None for dublin AGAIN!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement