Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Was snowing for about half an hour but it was light enough and didn't stick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Pretty heavy snowfall in Dublin 8 about half an hour ago. Had people running to the window. Starting to snow again now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice covering of snow in Castlebar, would take a picture but it would just look the same as my picture in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88769367&postcount=2562

• Registered Users Posts: 44 finnbob123

Snowing on and off here in west cork all day but not lasting on the ground for more than a minute or two

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SnowDancer

Some lovely snow in d15 about an hour ago. Gone now. I was happy, albeit briefly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

-0.2c in my backyard, below freezing in a breezy westerly before dark, I cannot recall that ever happening before? Quite remarkable if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Snot settling nicely now in Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Sounds like you need some Kleenex :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Is it yellow and runny or green and crusty?

Dammit :mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Fantastic heavy driving snow for an hour in Sandyford at 4pm. All grass white still. Road cleared fairly quickly but a drop in temp from 5 c at 2.30 to 1.5 c at 4.30 pm. Currently 1.5c an bitterly cold wind. Slippy underfoot particularly getting out of the car. High excitement (and from the kids too 😉). I know it won't last but so great to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

In Ardee

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Snowing again in Sandyford - yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 noela122

Is it sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Very strong snow in Blessington, Co. Wicklow which is sticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

10 min blast of snow dublin 10 now roads turning white

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Just back from a walk in the snow in Naas.

Might as well make the most of it as this is all we are going to get.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Just back from a walk in the snow in Naas.

Might as well make the most of it as this is all we are going to get.

Melted about 4.30 this morning boooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Belmullet and Moscow the same temperature at +1c (0900) :confused:
    I thought I'd seen it all this winter!!
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Belmullet and Moscow the same temperature at +1c (0900) :confused:
    I thought I'd seen it all this winter!!
    http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Reurmett.gif

doesnt exactly fill me with confidence that there will be a decent easterly anytime soon with temperatures between here and Moscow roughly the same. the cold pool is well beyond moscow. Temps also around 4C up in Iceland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

In all the excitement of the storm today, I forgot to post:

20140211_214716_zpsbsofekbl.jpg

(South Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

Hail/sleet shower atm in oughterard temp 3.3C.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smkopite

First snow in Carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭horsefarm

Am I getting all excitable and reading MT's Saturday forecast wrong? 5-10 cm snow accumulation above 200m?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this it now? The last of it?

Looking at the GFS for the last few days, it appears that nothing else has our name on it for as far as the models can "see".

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Heavy snow in Castlebar last 2 or 3 hours. Fairly deep covering but mostly slushy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mike65 wrote: »
    Is this it now? The last of it?

Looking at the GFS for the last few days, it appears that nothing else has our name on it for as far as the models can "see".

maybe a few wintery showers tonight but after that the following week looks relatively mild right up to next weekend, hopefully less windy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's been a snowless winter in the northeast so far ( at lower levels) :( looking ahead I just don't see anything cold or northeasterly or any good snow producing events coming to the east coast.
    It's been a winter dominated by the screeming jet and no cold in Europe worth talking about :( I no 2 weeks from now anything could happen but it still don't look good. I climbed a mountain ( in louth ) on Thursday and only at the top it was cold and had a little snow on the ground more frost/ice than snow :(

" winter are u there. Hello!!!! Helloooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! "

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭littlema

Some beefy windstorms please.

Hmmmm, :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Large deep looking (seen from Arklow) snow cover on Lugnaquilla from top to bottom. This being a nice day,for those who want to head there for a fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement