Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you pity the most?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

krudler wrote: »
    Nonense, it's just harder to dress like a member of One Direction. There's more to clothes than whatever River Island think is trendy, fashion is temporary, style lasts forever. Now where's my three piece suit...

Indeed as you get older , you can get away with wearing almost anything.A hat , a monocle even the attire of Buddist Monk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

At least they have a tan and are goodlooking!!!!!

Sure jesus I know! What are they complaining about at all! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mattjack wrote: »
    Indeed as you get older , you can get away with wearing almost anything.A hat , a monocle even the attire of Buddist Monk.

Oh I can't wait until I'm an oul fella and I just wear a fedora everywhere, nobody cares what you look like then. I'd love if mens fashion went back to like the stuff in Mad Men, when men dressed like men and not Bieber-esque ladyboys.

You started a thread about getting a great tan during the heat wave .....
    It's harder to dress as you get older because you can't dress like the latest teen idols, you have to let your personality and individuality show more.

Congratulations, you're normal and honest.

That's a scandalous lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Don't think i've ever said the word 'bird' in my life. I'm not a D4 head.
    Those comments are without context, I probably do make comments about other peoples looks when they are twats. I'd never insult someone, actually I'm all about the personality, but yeah you have to have some attraction to them(side note)
    So, it's acceptable to insult someone's appearance if you don't like their personality, yet you say you'd never insult someone.:confused:

Are you actually for real, or are your posts just designed to get a reaction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Oh I can't wait until I'm an oul fella and I just wear a fedora everywhere, nobody cares what you look like then. I'd love if mens fashion went back to like the stuff in Mad Men, when men dressed like men and not Bieber-esque ladyboys.

And a swagger stick , you nobody without a swagger stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

It's might be common (I've never heard any of my male friends do it, even when I was a youngin) but it's not nice. It's horribly frat and dumb, in fact and you have to grow up on that score, man. It's extremely superficial. A "They're hot" would suffice. Could you imagine I marked your personality out of 10? You were unable to string a sentence together talking to me because of your shyness and I marked you out of 10? How would you feel?

You can't treat people like that, Eden and then come on here talking about how you pity people who are judged on their looks when you're the very one who does it.

Being young doesn't excuse you for being a bit of a...well you know yourself.

A rating is always done to give the benefit of doubt to the person you are talking about I'd never be like 'she's disgusting, 3/10' it seems to always waiver between 6/7 with the premise that the hottest girl you can think of is a 9.

A rating is always done to give the benefit of doubt to the person you are marking. I'd never be like 'she's disgusting, 3/10' it seems to always waiver between 6/7 with the premise that the hottest girl you can think of is a 9.

It's still applying a number to a person like they're show ponies. I can't get my head round the idea. You can't see offensive that might be to a girl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I've never met an Irish person who judges people's looks on a scale of 1-10. That's an American thing that I've only seen on TV. You're not American or in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Who needs money when you have a tan :P

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    I've never met an Irish person who judges people's looks on a scale of 1-10. That's an American thing that I've only seen on TV. You're not American or in America.

Born there :) Anyway thats globalization.

A rating is always done to give the benefit of doubt to the person you are talking about I'd never be like 'she's disgusting, 3/10' it seems to always waiver between 6/7 with the premise that the hottest girl you can think of is a 9.

What's wrong with saying "she's cute"? instead of a rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Festy wrote: »
    Who needs money when you have a tan :P

Tramps.

It's great when you are attracted to someone from the off, whether they're your "type" or whatever or you just generally find them pretty, but I've been in the situation where someone may not have been a person I would have went for straight away but that grew from getting to know them, attraction can grow out of knowing the person as well as a purely physical thing. When you get both it's great though.

I'd agree with all that. I've had both before once, it's unreal. Hope I can get it again! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Don't think i've ever said the word 'bird' in my life. I'm not a D4 head.
    Those comments are without context, I probably do make comments about other peoples looks when they are twats. I'd never insult someone, actually I'm all about the personality, but yeah you have to have some attraction to them(side note)

In fairness, you are not putting yourself in a good light at all.

That's no excuse.
    I was born in Wales and ..... oh yeah.

Ok, but I take it you grew up here. You don't flood the place this Americanisms just because you were born there. It's completely out of place with our culture here, because let's face it, Americans say an awful lot of shíte. Douchbag and amazeballs is just two examples of what not to say here unless you want to sound like an idiot.

What's wrong with saying "she's cute"? instead of a rating?

Nothing. I'd use both. Obviously 'cute' or pretty sounds better but it is not uncommon for people to say 'what would you say outta 10' but I guess boardies are in a different social circle to me.

1ZRed wrote: »

You see it on Boards. Originated from frat culture in America and why anyone would want to emulate that is beyond me.

I love that style too! It would be great to go back to the days of silk stockings, suspenders, pretty dresses, hats and that glamourous hair and make-up. I love hats on men too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Festy wrote: »
    Atheists
    Nah don't pity me at all.

Eden, you'll be grand once you stop being so self obsessed and going on in a blokey way which you feel you "should" go on with. If you think a woman is "in bits", grand - no need to be going on about it though.

Nothing. I'd use both. Obviously 'cute' or pretty sounds better but it is not uncommon for people to say 'what would you say outta 10' but I guess boardies are in a different social circle to me.
    How would you rate yourself out of 10?

Nah don't pity me at all.

Eden, you'll be grand once you stop being so self obsessed and going on in a blokey way which you feel you "should" go on with. If you think a woman is "in bits", grand - no need to be going on about it though.

Whaaaa, im like the opposite of bloke humor, that's my problem. I don't get it.

I love that style too! It would be great to go back to the days of silk stockings, suspenders, pretty dresses, hats and that glamourous hair and make-up. I love hats on men too.

I love pencil skirts on girls, take that over ass cheek showing miniskirts and tottering around on heels any day of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Dick Masterson

I pity single people who are in their mid-30s and devote most of their days to internet fora. Seems like a very sad life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Whaaaa, im like the opposite of bloke humor, that's my problem. I don't get it.

Your posts come across badly tho, no?

I would guess a 6 if its Vanessa Hudgens whose judging. As I always say when 'rating' a girl its not like any of us are Zac Efron.......

I've seen his pic he put up on 'know your nerds' on 'cool pics and vids' and without sounding hermersexusl, I would give Eden a 4/10.

I love pencil skirts on girls, take that over ass cheek showing miniskirts and tottering around on heels any day of the week.

What about a woman in a moo moo?

• Advertisement

You see it on Boards. Originated from frat culture in America and why anyone would want to emulate that is beyond me.

IRL though none of my mates should say shít like that. It sounds stupid and obnoxious

Advertisement