Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who do you pity the most?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Do people completely miss the points of my posts on purpose or is it just my brain works so differently that you can't relate(Probably the second reason) When I say pity I genuinely mean wanna give them a hug and tell them that looks mean **** all, plus people who put you down are not exactly oil paintings themselves. Maybe the mistake I'm making is that most people don't give a **** about what people who knock them think.

Have people on Boards never heard of anyone getting slagged for their looks? I'd say its one of the main things people get bullied about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

People who have to put on chicken outfits and hand out leaflets in the street, advertising some fast food shack.

Always feel sorry for those guys and silently give thanks that it's not me.

1ZRed wrote: »
    If you feel you are a good looking guy, then great. You think that that's a big important aspect of who a person is and if you think that way, then great.

All that above sounds so bad and really contradicts how I think people should strive to see themselves and not be so shallow, but if you feel you are attractive then what's with the total lack of confidence then? If you think you are attractive, and that's paramount to you, then why aren't you happy and building your confidence off of that? If you're happy in yourself that's all that matters, whether you're good looking or not, it doesn't matter as long as you are. It's not all about outward appearance.

The one thing I hope to god you're not doing is applying your thinking to other people and that they have to see themselves just as you see yourself, otherwise you only pity them. That will not end well for you in the long run if you are doing that. Shallow people are nothing but 2-dimensional and are the ones who lose out. I'd suggest you tackle your way of thinking before you become one of them, if it's not already happened.

Missed the point completely.
    I suppose I would put a lot of eggs on my looks, mainly because I'm shy. I'll never be the type to get attention by being the loud funny one or have a way with words that other people get by on. I know girls would be into me so I guess its my personality that I'm actually insecure about, not my looks. (But u 'don't give a fuk' so whatevaaa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

EdenHazard wrote: »

Tbh I don't give a fuk. I only bothered out of boredom. Won't be doing it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Tbh I don't give a fuk. I only bothered out of boredom. Won't be doing it again.

Meow!

Get a room you two

• Advertisement

You 'don't give a fuk' yet managed to sit down and write a fairly long analysis of what I wrote. Okaaaaaaay.

You 'don't give a fuk' yet managed to sit down and write a fairly long analysis of what I wrote. Okaaaaaaay.

Purely out of being bored and in hopes that you might snap out of your current mindset because it doesn't sound too healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I suppose I would put a lot of eggs on my looks, mainly because I'm shy. I'll never be the type to get attention by being the loud funny one or have a way with words that other people get by on. I know girls would be into me so I guess its my personality that I'm actually insecure about, not my looks. (But u 'don't give a fuk' so whatevaaa)

That must suck, I'd take being average looking and funny over great looking and dull as ditchwater any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I pity the poor ****ers here in Spain who are unemployed with no social welfare (the max amount of time you can claim is 2 years) or support and no money to emigrate or choices of countries to go to like us English speakers do. I can't see how things will ever improve for many of them. Such a sense of genuine desperation here and it'd break your heart.

I pity the poor ****ers here in Spain who are unemployed with no social welfare (the max amount of time you can claim is 2 years) or support and no money to emigrate or choices of countries to go to like us English speakers do. I can't see how things will ever improve for many of them. Such a sense of genuine desperation here and it'd break your heart.

Yeah my parents live there and the unemployment rate is soaring, people are taking any sort of manual work to get by

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    That must suck, I'd take being average looking and funny over great looking and dull as ditchwater any day.

Well I'm not dull, it just takes a long time for me to be comfortable, especially around girls. But yeah it does suck but yeah this isn't the EH issues sooo moving along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I would actually hate to be perceived as unattractive, or hideous by societies stupid expectations. Being serious I find it tough out there and at the least I'm an average looking guy with a tan, unreal clothes and good hair. I'm so self conscience, and I get compliments, I always think what it must be like for someone who would have same personality as me but not be lucky enough to even get any positive words said about them. Fact is image is important and to many how they look matters a lot. For young people it can have an impact on their whole outlook. I know as a teenager I avoided doing so many things because of how self conscious I was. Maybe I don't pity the people not born conventionally good looking, but pity the people who let it dominate them. I mean pity in an empathize with way.
    Do people completely miss the points of my posts on purpose or is it just my brain works so differently that you can't relate(Probably the second reason) When I say pity I genuinely mean wanna give them a hug and tell them that looks mean **** all, plus people who put you down are not exactly oil paintings themselves. Maybe the mistake I'm making is that most people don't give a **** about what people who knock them think.

Have people on Boards never heard of anyone getting slagged for their looks? I'd say its one of the main things people get bullied about.
    No, we don't miss the point at all. A lot of your posts are based on how goodlooking you are, your 'tan, unreal clothes and great hair'. You start threads on whether you should get a Justin Bieber or Zac Efron haircut etc. You say you can't get a girlfriend etc despite being so good-looking.

What you need to realise is that your appearance and grooming are superficial, they will only get you so far. You have to appeal to others on so many other levels - personality, sense of humour, similar outlook, ethics etc. If we only responded to the exterior appearance we would only ever have superficial interactions with others.

What will you do as you age? What if you go bald? How will you cope without your great hair? What if get wrinkles and liver spots from years of tanning (will happen, regardless of your ethnic mix). What will you do when you're too old to wear your high fashion clothes? How will you identify yourself then? If you keep fixating on your appearance you will become very bitter in your middle age and later years.

You have mentioned a lack of self confidence, you obviously try to hide that with your vanity. You really need to look on the inside and change your opinions, particularly in regards to good looks = self worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I've got a face only a mother can love.

I'm happy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Plus, would you just please stop going on about "pulling" and "birds" and what mark they are out of 10, and people who don't have a posh Dublin accent being "knohckers".

You also make comments yourself about people's looks (e.g. how pale they are; a tan doesn't suit everyone).

I don't get why you complain about not being able to "pull" and how you're sensitive about your looks, when at the very same time you say stuff like the above.

I've got a face only a mother can love.

I'm happy though.

All mothers, like? Including MILFs? No wonder your happy. Ahuhuhuhuh.

Plus, would you just please stop going on about "pulling" and "birds" and what mark they are out of 10, and people who don't have a posh Dublin accent being "knohckers".

You also make comments yourself about people's looks (e.g. how pale they are; a tan doesn't suit everyone).

I don't get why you complain about not being able to "pull" and how you're sensitive about your looks, when at the very same time you say stuff like the above.

Don't think i've ever said the word 'bird' in my life. I'm not a D4 head.
    Those comments are without context, I probably do make comments about other peoples looks when they are twats. I'd never insult someone, actually I'm all about the personality, but yeah you have to have some attraction to them(side note)

Don't think i've ever said the word 'bird' in my life. I'm not a D4 head.
    Those comments are without context, I probably do make comments about other peoples looks when they are twats. I'd never insult someone, actually I'm all about the personality, but yeah you have to have some attraction to them(side note)

Have you marked women out of ten?

No, we don't miss the point at all. A lot of your posts are based on how goodlooking you are, your 'tan, unreal clothes and great hair'. You start threads on whether you should get a Justin Bieber or Zac Efron haircut etc. You say you can't get a girlfriend etc despite being so good-looking.

What you need to realise is that your appearance and grooming are superficial, they will only get you so far. You have to appeal to others on so many other levels - personality, sense of humour, similar outlook, ethics etc. If we only responded to the exterior appearance we would only ever have superficial interactions with others.

What will you do as you age? What if you go bald? How will you cope without your great hair? What if get wrinkles and liver spots from years of tanning (will happen, regardless of your ethnic mix). What will you do when you're too old to wear your high fashion clothes? How will you identify yourself then? If you keep fixating on your appearance you will become very bitter in your middle age and later years.

You have mentioned a lack of self confidence, you obviously try to hide that with your vanity. You really need to look on the inside and change your opinions, particularly in regards to good looks = self worth.
    1st part- A lot of my posts are based on being a decent looking lad who can't pull. I'm naturally tanned(no years of tanning as you put it), and have good hair and I do try to dress good. Its natural for people to want to have the same hairstyle as famous people, hence the abundance of hairstyle tutorial vids of said famous people on Youtube and throughout the internet. My 'grooming' consists of a shower, and brushing my teeth.
    My posts are clearly not about general interactions, clearly based on a nightclub environment where it does come down to looks.

I've had shorter haircuts and I'll adjust my image to match my age. I think when you get older its when you become more of a douchebag about your appearance because its much harder to dress well the older you get.

It's odd how some of the most good looking vain people suffer from crippling insecurity about it. Being self aware helps, me? I'm an average looking but occasionally sweet and funny dude wrapped around a creamy centre of raging grumpy arsehole. But at least I know it :pac:

Have you marked women out of ten?

Yeah, its a very very very common thing to do. No malice to it, its just a common thing people do. TBH when you think about it a 'she is very good looking' would suffice but just seems to be a habit among young people to throw a number in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

At least they have a tan and are goodlooking!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Atheists

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I pity the pitied

I think the majority of normal people would too. I've been with people who were very good looking but were superficial and dull and I just couldn't stick it. I've been lucky to have been with good looking people that were a great laugh to be around, but if I had to pick average and good personality vs great looking and blank in the head, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

1st part- A lot of my posts are based on being a decent looking lad who can't pull. I'm naturally tanned(no years of tanning as you put it), and have good hair and I do try to dress good. Its natural for people to want to have the same hairstyle as famous people, hence the abundance of hairstyle tutorial vids of said famous people on Youtube and throughout the internet. My 'grooming' consists of a shower, and brushing my teeth.
    My posts are clearly not about general interactions, clearly based on a nightclub environment where it does come down to looks.

I've had shorter haircuts and I'll adjust my image to match my age. I think when you get older its when you become more of a douchebag about your appearance because its much harder to dress well the older you get.

Nonense, it's just harder to dress like a member of One Direction. There's more to clothes than whatever River Island think is trendy, fashion is temporary, style lasts forever. Now where's my three piece suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Yeah, its a very very very common thing to do. No malice to it, its just a common thing people do. TBH when you think about it a 'she is very good looking' would suffice but just seems to be a habit among young people to throw a number in.

I give Mrs Mattjack a grade ... A,B,C... right down to NG .She's at work now so she's failed everything.

I think the majority of normal people would too. I've been with people who were very good looking but were superficial and dull and I just couldn't stick it. I've been lucky to have been with good looking people that were a great laugh to be around, but if I had to pick average and good personality vs great looking and blank in the head, I wouldn't even have to think about it.

It's great when you are attracted to someone from the off, whether they're your "type" or whatever or you just generally find them pretty, but I've been in the situation where someone may not have been a person I would have went for straight away but that grew from getting to know them, attraction can grow out of knowing the person as well as a purely physical thing. When you get both it's great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

At least they have a tan and are goodlooking!!!!!

They are until the sun eventually ripens them.

Then they are a 4/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You started a thread about getting a great tan during the heat wave .....
    It's harder to dress as you get older because you can't dress like the latest teen idols, you have to let your personality and individuality show more.
    It's odd how some of the most good looking vain people suffer from crippling insecurity about it. Being self aware helps, me? I'm an average looking but occasionally sweet and funny dude wrapped around a creamy centre of raging grumpy arsehole. But at least I know it :pac:
    Congratulations, you're normal and honest.

• Advertisement

It's might be common (I've never heard any of my male friends do it, even when I was a youngin) but it's not nice. It's horribly frat and dumb, in fact and you have to grow up on that score, man. It's extremely superficial. A "They're hot" would suffice. Could you imagine I marked your personality out of 10? You were unable to string a sentence together talking to me because of your shyness and I marked you out of 10? How would you feel?

You can't treat people like that, Eden and then come on here talking about how you pity people who are judged on their looks when you're the very one who does it.

Being young doesn't excuse you for being a bit of a...well you know yourself.

Advertisement