Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations and Junior World Cup 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Dam it, how dya upload an actual picture.. Rookie stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

hype101 wrote: »
    Is this Stephen Gardiner?.. Big Unit!.. Does he have one or two years at 20s?
    In last year at 20s this season

ormond lad wrote: »
    In last year at 20s this season

Christ, there seems a lot of good second rows in this crop.. Properly big too.. John Madigan is nearly 19 stone and is 6'6 n then some.. Bodes well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

hype101 wrote: »
    Dam it, how dya upload an actual picture.. Rookie stuff

Right-click the image and click copy image. I think you copied the link address.
    788005.jpg

Hagz wrote: »
    Right-click the image and click copy image. I think you copied the link address.
    788005.jpg

Ya tried it but it only quoted the the URL and then a lil blue box with a question mark.. Ak sorted it out anyway.. Tippa the cap

• Advertisement

Munster squad named for game tonight against UCC.
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/12205.php
    Mikey Lynch, Sean McGee, Max Abbott, Ben Burns, Darren Coady, Rory Burke, James Maxwell, Patrick Kearns, Darragh Moloney, John Madigan, Lee Nicholas, Tadhg Arrigan, Aidan Butler, Sonny Dwyer, Jack O’Donoghue, Ryan Foley, Aaron Atkinson, Aidan Barron, Shane Airey, Gearoid Lyons, Adrian Enright, Greg O’Shea, Ned Hodson, Sam Sterling, Mark Healy, Dan Goggin, Alex Wotton, Seamus Keating, David Johnston.

All academy players included for first time this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clubrug

Mikey Lynch, Sean McGee, Max Abbott, Ben Burns, Darren Coady, Rory Burke, James Maxwell, Patrick Kearns, Darragh Moloney, John Madigan, Lee Nicholas, Tadhg Arrigan, Aidan Butler, Sonny Dwyer, Jack O’Donoghue, Ryan Foley, Aaron Atkinson, Aidan Barron, Shane Airey, Gearoid Lyons, Adrian Enright, Greg O’Shea, Ned Hodson, Sam Sterling, Mark Healy, Dan Goggin, Alex Wotton, Seamus Keating, David Johnston.

Appears to be a couple of new additions, guessing Conor Glynn injured, so Darren Coady formerly Waterpark comes in, was rumours that he was Connacht way at one stage. See Aidee Barron there, really think he should of been there last year, has something different, great footballer and delighted to see Mark Healy, really hope he gets treated well, thought they messed him about last year, fine player, was excellent when playing munster youths, very consistent and J1 with Kanturk sure to of helped.

Looking at the clip from the Bristol game, wonder did they so much work on tackling in Rockwell, from what I heard they did next to none last year there, integral part and just felt in the highlights there were some quite poor efforts, but unfair I guess to go on highlights, but poor all the same. Really hope that backline clicks this year, some fine talent there, think they didn't fully achieve their potential last year.

One thing I could not figure this year is how they did not have Diarmuid Dee in the panel, was disappointed, fine rugby player and of course would love a few more club lads, albeit a talented lot hope they have a great interpro and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

Handy win for Munster over 3 30 min 'halves'
    Sterling is a serious bit of stuff.

clubrug wrote: »
    Appears to be a couple of new additions, guessing Conor Glynn injured, so Darren Coady formerly Waterpark comes in, was rumours that he was Connacht way at one stage. See Aidee Barron there, really think he should of been there last year, has something different, great footballer and delighted to see Mark Healy, really hope he gets treated well, thought they messed him about last year, fine player, was excellent when playing munster youths, very consistent and J1 with Kanturk sure to of helped.
    Looking at the clip from the Bristol game, wonder did they so much work on tackling in Rockwell, from what I heard they did next to none last year there, integral part and just felt in the highlights there were some quite poor efforts, but unfair I guess to go on highlights, but poor all the same. Really hope that backline clicks this year, some fine talent there, think they didn't fully achieve their potential last year.
    One thing I could not figure this year is how they did not have Diarmuid Dee in the panel, was disappointed, fine rugby player and of course would love a few more club lads, albeit a talented lot hope they have a great interpro and enjoy it.
    Glynn is injured. Got injured in game v Bristol.
    Coady had been with Connacht for a short while I think.
    Good to see Healy there. Very talented footballer.
    Dee is a good player but don't think he is better than who is there already.

mrpdap wrote: »
    Handy win for Munster over 3 30 min 'halves'
    Sterling is a serious bit of stuff.
    In what way? How did Sam do and do you think he'll start interpros?
    What was result of game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 clubrug

Glynn is injured. Got injured in game v Bristol.
    Coady had been with Connacht for a short while I think.
    Good to see Healy there. Very talented footballer.
    Dee is a good player but don't think he is better than who is there already.

No offence Ormond, but I would have to challenge you there, safely say you ask any of the squad lads from previous ones that played with him and they will tell you the back row additions are no way near him, he is a great bit of stuff.

No offence Ormond, but I would have to challenge you there, safely say you ask any of the squad lads from previous ones that played with him and they will tell you the back row additions are no way near him, he is a great bit of stuff.
    From previous what? He is a good player but don't think he's better than Aid Butler, Sonny, JOD.
    He is a very good player. Ive seen him perform well at senior schools level past few years and he is very good but just don't think he's better than whats in squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

challenging Ormond's knowledge of Irish youth rugby :eek::eek:
    tumblr_mg4mk5uIBB1r3ovdbo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ormond knows too much. Too much.

Sean O'Hagan is now in the Connacht Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Sean O'Hagan is now in the Connacht Academy.

Where did that come from? did not see his name on the original academy list or is this a recent addition. Delighted if he is mind, a real talent for sure but still very young.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Where did that come from? did not see his name on the original academy list or is this a recent addition. Delighted if he is mind, a real talent for sure but still very young.

It came from my incredible insider knowledge....

not really.

Inpho do the headshots for the provinces, and they all go up on their site.

INPHO_00731746.jpg

This went up today, along with Ciaran Gaffney's, so I presume it is a recent addition.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Recent addition. Is young but is it not better to be involved in academy this year than wait for next year? Why wait?

Interpros start Friday night. Leinster v Connacht and Ulster v Munster. Think it'll be Leinster and Munster wins. Anyone think different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Jeez that's a fine pair of shoulders on that young lad, these boys certainly get fit.

I know it was pointed out recently that OL was the font of all youth rugby knowledge (joking) but I will oppose you there and go for Connacht and Ulster this weekend ! Leinster will always be fav for all age grade rugby games and should win easily I suppose, but you just never know, Connacht forwards are not too shabby. Ulster will give Munster a good run as well. Going for the underdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Leinster u20 side to face Connacht on Friday :

1 - Ivan Soroka
    2 - Dylan Donnellan
    3 - Oisin Heffernan
    4 - Stephen Gardiner
    5 - Ross Molony(Captain)
    6 - Josh Murphy
    7 - Michael Triggs
    8 - Peadar Timmins
    9 - Nick McCarthy
    10 - Ross Byrne
    11 - Cian Kelleher
    12 - Adam Byrne
    13 - Gary Ringrose
    14 - Ian Fitzpatrick
    15 - Billy Dardis

Not sure of the bench, but that's 100% the starting 15. Not the strongest Leinster 20 side I've ever seen, a lot of talent in the back-line considering Robb, Fromm and O'Loughlin are injured, but the front 5 bar Molony isn't strong at all compared to what it could have been or has been in previous years in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Recent addition. Is young but is it not better to be involved in academy this year than wait for next year? Why wait?

Interpros start Friday night. Leinster v Connacht and Ulster v Munster. Think it'll be Leinster and Munster wins. Anyone think different?
    not sure on munster,connacht drew with them in a friendly and they lost all their games on tour in england ..will be close

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Leinster u20 side to face Connacht on Friday :
    1 - Ivan Soroka
    2 - Dylan Donnellan
    3 - Oisin Heffernan
    4 - Stephen Gardiner
    5 - Ross Molony(Captain)
    6 - Josh Murphy
    7 - Michael Triggs
    8 - Peadar Timmins
    9 - Nick McCarthy
    10 - Ross Byrne
    11 - Cian Kelleher
    12 - Adam Byrne
    13 - Gary Ringrose
    14 - Ian Fitzpatrick
    15 - Billy Dardis

Not sure of the bench, but that's 100% the starting 15. Not the strongest Leinster 20 side I've ever seen, a lot of talent in the back-line considering Robb, Fromm and O'Loughlin are injured, but the front 5 bar Molony isn't strong at all compared to what it could have been or has been in previous years in my opinion.
    Not as strong as some people thought with several players missing who would strengthen side quite a bit. Front 5 is strong enough but missing likes of Dooley will make a difference. wjo else would you add to front 5
    backgreen wrote: »
    not sure on munster,connacht drew with them in a friendly and they lost all their games on tour in england ..will be close
    Will be close but think Munster will edge it. Connacht are a good side, won 19s last year and have a strong side that has good shot at interpro title.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Not as strong as some people thought with several players missing who would strengthen side quite a bit. Front 5 is strong enough but missing likes of Dooley will make a difference. wjo else would you add .

Well Soroka has never convinced apart from his scrummaging. Offers nothing around the park. Coulson is much more useful, but obviously isn't a stronger scrummager. But Leinster want to play expansive rugby. I'd have Loughman in that side ahead of Heffernan, considering many other u19 players were brought up if they were deemed good enough. Donnellan at hooker is a disgraceful call, I can only think that Delahunt has a knock because he performed well against Leicester Academy and Old Belvedere. Sure I don't understand how Allen didn't even get a look in, because I was told he re-joined up with the Leinster squad two weeks ago, and he's a much better player than Donnellan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 NoClues00

Connacht's strength is up front with Walshe at LH and Saba at TH.
    Better off with a solid scrum which they should have with Soroka and Heffo.

Loughman is still in school with Rock, players who are still in school don't get considered for Leinster under 20s and rightly so.

Surprised Delahunt isn't starting but maybe he is injured, not surprised about Allen it's clear he and the coaches don't get along... and it's not the first set of coaches this has happened with Richie.

Molony and Gardiner is as good a combo, if not better, as Leinster had last year..

Weakest spot is SH imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Byrne at 12? Has he played on every outside back position now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

It could be a very threatening back line if Robb/Fromm come back in at 12, O'Loughlin at 13 with Byrne out to the wing. If Robb/Fromm/O'Loughlin are injured hopefully they'll be back soon, that backline would possibly consist of 5/6 Irish starters (with McKeon on the bench)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

When/were is the Leinster Connacht game on?

Quint2010 wrote: »
    When/were is the Leinster Connacht game on?
    Friday Night in Donnybrook

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

It came from my incredible insider knowledge....

not really.

Inpho do the headshots for the provinces, and they all go up on their site.

INPHO_00731746.jpg

This went up today, along with Ciaran Gaffney's, so I presume it is a recent addition.

looks like masterson blade and dinneen are going in as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Well Soroka has never convinced apart from his scrummaging. Offers nothing around the park. Coulson is much more useful, but obviously isn't a stronger scrummager. But Leinster want to play expansive rugby. I'd have Loughman in that side ahead of Heffernan, considering many other u19 players were brought up if they were deemed good enough. Donnellan at hooker is a disgraceful call, I can only think that Delahunt has a knock because he performed well against Leicester Academy and Old Belvedere. Sure I don't understand how Allen didn't even get a look in, because I was told he re-joined up with the Leinster squad two weeks ago, and he's a much better player than Donnellan.

what else do you want from a prop other than to be a good scrummager?
    as long as he does that everything else is a bonus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement