Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland u20 6 Nations and Junior World Cup 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

leinster got a good win over belvo tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Connacht 20's had a good run out v Corinthians tonight, nice win, it's all shaping up nicely for all the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Was at the Leinster u20 game tonight. Impressive showing from them against a Old Belvedere side that clearly hadn't trained much in comparison. Ringrose, Kelleher, Coughlan and Fitzpatrick all stood out for Leinster. Was interesting to see Richie Allen playing for Old Belvedere against his 'former' team, played well and scored a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Can you remember the starting XV? I'm interested to know if Delahunt is starting at hooker.

Hagz wrote: »
    Can you remember the starting XV? I'm interested to know if Delahunt is starting at hooker.
    Delahunt started at hooker. Struggled at scrum-time and made a few errors around the pitch, but threw well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 PlumtreeKiss

Munster under 20 team. IMO not near the strongest possible side.

1. Conor Glynn
    2. Ben Burns
    3. James Maxwell
    4. Patrick Kearns
    5. Darragh Moloney
    6. Tadgh Arrogan
    7. Aiden Butler
    8. Lee Nicholas.
    9. Ryan Foley
    10. Gearoid Lyons
    11. Alex Wootton
    12. Mark Healy
    13. Ned Hodson
    14. Dan Goggin
    15. David Johnston

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR2

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Was at the Leinster u20 game tonight. Impressive showing from them against a Old Belvedere side that clearly hadn't trained much in comparison. Ringrose, Kelleher, Coughlan and Fitzpatrick all stood out for Leinster. Was interesting to see Richie Allen playing for Old Belvedere against his 'former' team, played well and scored a try.

Was also there and i was seriously impressed with Fitzpatrick on the wing!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

O'Neill also played well on the wing scored at least 2 tries but was carried off with an injury,don't know how bad it is.

Thought Belvo might put them on the main pitch Belvo in comparsion to Clontarf weren't up to much but probably retsed players for senior games this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

CGD wrote: »
    O'Neill also played well on the wing scored at least 2 tries but was carried off with an injury,don't know how bad it is.

Thought Belvo might put them on the main pitch Belvo in comparsion to Clontarf weren't up to much but probably retsed players for senior games this weekend

Which O'Neill was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

Stephen O'Neill Ternure SCT centre from last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster under 20 team. IMO not near the strongest possible side
    1. Conor Glynn 2. Ben Burns 3. James Maxwell
    4. Patrick Kearns 5. Darragh Moloney
    6. Tadgh Arrogan 7. Aiden Butler 8. Lee Nicholas.
    9. Ryan Foley 10. Gearoid Lyons
    11. Alex Wootton 12. Mark Healy 13. Ned Hodson 14. Dan Goggin
    15. David Johnston
    Yeah not near strongest team In my view. Who would you add to that team? Jack o D in backrow, John Madigan in 2nd row maybe Sonny Dwyer in backrow

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Who are the front runners for irish u20s scrumhalf?.. Is it a problem position?.. Also, was Coughlan playing wing or was he in the backrow, assuming it's yerman Sean Coughlan from Rock last year?

hype101 wrote: »
    Who are the front runners for irish u20s scrumhalf?.. Is it a problem position?.. Also, was Coughlan playing wing or was he in the backrow, assuming it's yerman Sean Coughlan from Rock last year?
    Don't see any position as a problem. interpros haven't even been played yet.
    Caolin Blade from Monivea(irish 19s last year) is a front runner for SH. Munsters Ryan Foley could be there as could any of a number of players from Leinsters 18s/19s last year(Lavelle etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

ormond lad wrote: »
    Don't see any position as a problem. interpros haven't even been played yet.
    Caolin Blade from Monivea(irish 19s last year) is a front runner for SH. Munsters Ryan Foley could be there as could any of a number of players from Leinsters 18s/19s last year(Lavelle etc)

Ya i've heard Blade is meant to be a tidy player alright.. Wouldn't of heard of many others i'd have to say.. All in all though, the potential squad looks pretty epic this year.. Indeed over the next two years.. They should really push on and make it to a JWC semi at least in one of those years

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

Yeah not near strongest team In my view. Who would you add to that team? Jack o D in backrow, John Madigan in 2nd row maybe Sonny Dwyer in backrow
    think i would move goggin into 12 instead of healy and put enright or cormac o donnell at 14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

lurtz wrote: »
    leinster got a good win over belvo tonight

Do you have the team by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mrpdap

https://mobile.twitter.com/HartpuryRFC
    Looking grim for Munster U20 down 33 21

Yellow cards a plenty

mrpdap wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/HartpuryRFC
    Looking grim for Munster U20 down 33 21

Yellow cards a plenty
    grim but could have been much worse. From the tweets Munster started horrificly going 33-7 down after 20mins but they lost 40-21 with Hartpury just having scored their last score in the final 5 minutes of the game.
    Dave Johnson, Shane Airey and Dan Goggin got the trys for Munster with Airey also kicking 3 conversions

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭backgreen

grim but could have been much worse. From the tweets Munster started horrificly going 33-7 down after 20mins but they lost 40-21 with Hartpury just having scored their last score in the final 5 minutes of the game.
    Dave Johnson, Shane Airey and Dan Goggin got the trys for Munster with Airey also kicking 3 conversions
    think enright also got a try

backgreen wrote: »
    think enright also got a try
    correct. Adrian got one of trys Shane Airey didn't get a try but converted all 3. typed wrong name earlier

• Advertisement

Richie Allen is going back to the Leinster u20 set-up supposedly. Don't know if I believe it as it would be some turnaround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Woody1997

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Richie Allen is going back to the Leinster u20 set-up supposedly. Don't know if I believe it as it would be some turnaround.

Why would it be such a turnaround? Was he dropped or something?

Woody1997 wrote: »
    Why would it be such a turnaround? Was he dropped or something?
    He was dropped from Leinster 20s a few weeks ago, and then started training with the Connacht 20s side only for Leinster to prevent him playing for them. And supposedly he's back training for them.

15: Cian Kelleher (St. Michael's College)
    14: Sean Coughlan (Blackrock College)
    13: Gary Ringrose (Blackrock College)
    12: Gerard Young (Belvedere College SJ)
    11: Ian Fitzpatrick (The Kings Hospital)
    10: Ross Byrne (St. Michael's College)
    9: Nick McCarthy (St. Michael's College)
    1: Peadar Timmins (UCD)
    2: Michael Triggs (Kilkenny College)
    3: Josh Murphy (St. Michael's College)
    4: Ross Moloney (St. Michael's College) CAPTAIN
    5: Stephen Gardiner (Gorey RFC)
    6: Oisin Heffernan (Cistercian College Roscrea)
    7: Shane Delahunt (UCD)
    8: Ivan Soroka (Belvedere College SJ)
    REPLACEMENTS:
    16: Dylan Donnellan (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    17: Denis Coulson (St. Michael's College)
    18: Craig Trenier (Terenure College)
    19: Stephen Keelan (Clongowes Wood College SJ)
    20: Jack O'Neill (Castleknock College)
    21: Charlie Rock (Blackrock College)
    22: Conor McKeon (Gonzaga College SJ)
    23: Stephen O'Neill (Terenure College)

EDIT: Obviously the Leinster site got the numbers jumbled up, but I'm not arsed fixing it.

The Leinster Academy side will look interesting considering a good bunch of Academy players will be held back for the Saints game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Younger

It is Leicester (Tigers) academy they're playing, not Leinster academy.

Ah so it is. Well that's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Interesting to see Dardis and Byrne (Adam) have been omitted. Are they needed for the first team?

• Advertisement

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Interesting to see Dardis and Byrne (Adam) have been omitted. Are they needed for the first team?

I would imagine like last week they're being held back for the Senior team yes.

I'm happy to see Coughlan on the wing. I thought he was good there for Blackrock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement