Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What radio station pleases you're ears

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Chucken wrote: »
    ...pretend to care about peoples money worries.

Wasn't aimed at you sorry

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Louise Duffy show on Today FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

87.6 Fusion FM streamed from somewhere in Portlaoise in a caravan.

Iradio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

uch wrote: »
    Wasn't aimed at you sorry

I know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Phantom for decent music and digital Absolute radio for 80s, 90s or whatever decade I want to listen to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Radio 1 in the morning and evening commutes, Newstalk during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

BBC Radio 6 is my station of choice.
    I think they play a really good selection of music and have dj's who are passionate about the music they play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I listen to Nova, they play great music but the DJs are just woefull -especially that fella who does the morning show.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Newstalk, Absolute Radio, Talk Sport, BBC Radio 5.

Swear I'm still in my 20s...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Don't really listen to much radio,. mostly music/talk podcasts, without ads.

1st: Spotify
    2nd: Pandora
    then a few podcasts from home,

2nd Captains - Irish times
    Off the Ball
    Newstalk podcasts - Moncreiff & the History show.

Maybe some SportTalk or BBC 5 Live in the mornings on the TuneIn Radio App.

Don't really like radio a lot tbh, too many ads and being interrupted by news updates/traffic/weather etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Newstalk, Absolute Radio, Talk Sport, BBC Radio 5.

Swear I'm still in my 20s...

I'm very similar. I listen to those four as well as the occasional program on BBC Radio 4 or Today FM.

None via FM mind, all internet radio these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

BBC 6 Music, the only decent music station in the world.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Only really listen to radio in work, which usually switches between Radio Nova and Today Fm. Nova would be my preference (though it can get very repetitive). Today fm is tolerable.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Hoop66

BBC R4 for talk, BBC R6 for music. A bit of Phantom or Newstalk if I must.

Irish radio, especially talk radio, is pretty poor I'm sorry to say.

If I could create a fantasy music station it would be a bit of XFM from London in the 90s, before it became landfill indie on rotation, and every John Peel show ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

v-rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

I listen to the radio when I am driving during the day. Either BBC radio 4 or BBC radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I tend to listen to 98FM for the sake of it, just for the quirky talks, in the morning and late afternoon while I'm driving. :pac:

And on a side note - what ever happened to that Jazz station in Dublin ? I can't seem to find it no more.
    I don't listen to the radio because I have a life and i have money.

What the hell does listening to the radio got to do with having a life or money? A lot of people listen to it while driving or working...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Radio 1

Newstalk

BBC 4 & 5

Talksport

Absolute 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Wossack

no you're an ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I like Moncrieff, he's a funny fcuker with some strange guests, interesting subject matter and the texts the show gets are well random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

mikom wrote: »
    K-Rose and K-JAH West
    K-DST is better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

BBC Radio 4

Pity theres so few decent pirate stations these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Lyric FM all the way! Even have it on in work! It keeps me mellow :o. Used to listen to BBC Radio 4 in my car all the time but since I got my new car a few years ago it won't pick it up :(. I do get the poscasts though (love the news quiz show with Sandi Toksvig).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Morning Ireland and Moncrief.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Sunday Night, 10PM Nova - Off the Record with Pat James.

Genuinely, do yourselves a favour if you like rock music from 60's to the present day.

No Aerosmith, Foreigner , Kiss or any of that ****e..........just proper music with an extremely knowledgable presenter who started out on radio in the late '70s.

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Choptree

I like Moncrieff, he's a funny fcuker with some strange guests, interesting subject matter and the texts the show gets are well random.

I like moncrieff but he can be a bit of a condescending sap at times, overall he's a fantastic radio show host, his accent is a bit annoying at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I like Lyric FM too, except when they play Opera, which I cannot abide. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

i Love Radio Nova

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I predominantly listen to BBC Radio 4 just because it's so bloody fantastic!

If I'm listening to Irish radio then it's Morning Ireland (although I normally listen to Today on BBC4), or Moncrieff on Newstalk. I really like his show.

If I want music I'll listen to either All80s (Irish station!) on the TuneIn radio App or Zack FM (A station for US forces personnel based in Suffolk, England) on TuneIn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭LowOdour

After lunch

Radcliffe and Maconie (BBC 6Music) or Nic Harcourt (KCSN).
    Listened to Nic Harcourt for ages but really like Radcliffe and Maconie so the last few months its been them

and from 4/4.30 onwards
    Steve Lamacq (BBC 6Music) or Matt Cooper if there is anything interesting in the news that day.

Advertisement