Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread - Limerick v Clare All Ireland Hurling Semi Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

PWEI wrote: »
    Tickemaster.ie have only got lower Davin & Upper Cusack in Section 711 which is over by the corner flag. Would the GAA ticket office in Drumcondra have a better selection of tickets or would it be the same?

Just checking the tickets on the GAA website & they're different. They have Upper Hogan available but adult only. Or Upper Davin, adult & juvenile tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

They explained to me before that it is the same as buying them off tickets.ie (not sure if ticketmaster is different). But maybe when you go in, you can choose your seat which you cant do on tickets.ie. So could be worth a try.

You can currently get section 734 on tickets.ie which isnt bad (fair bit back though).

Ticketmaster are different tickets alright but you can pick your seats.
    Just bought two for the lower Davin but a bit back, LOW319 / row FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Vanolder wrote: »
    I'm hearing there is an injury in the Clare camp, any info lads?

What did you hear??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Pandiani wrote: »
    What did you hear??

No injuries all good .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Google hangout discussing the match with Independent.ie journo's

Getting close now, can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Google hangout discussing the match with Independent.ie journo's

Getting close now, can't wait!!

1 thing I agree with that they say in that clip......this is the year to do it,,,no bullsh*t about being young etc,,,may never get a better chance. Go on Limk and do a number on them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Some staff members on the University of Limerick internal email are currently sellng tickets.

If you want to buy tickets, contact any post grad or staff member that you may know.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

spacetrap wrote: »
    No injuries all good .

Very good, would be a shame for either team to have a player out due to injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Hearing all sorts of silly rumours from both camps... I suspect none of them are true.

About 5 different people have told me that they've heard that Clare have lost a big player to injury, although not one of them knows who it might be, and I don't see why it would be true. Seems to have spread like wildfire anyway.... would be a typical Clare fan tactic to make it up :P

I'd say both teams are likely to start the same 15 if everyone's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Hearing all sorts of silly rumours from both camps... I suspect none of them are true.

About 5 different people have told me that they've heard that Clare have lost a big player to injury, although not one of them knows who it might be, and I don't see why it would be true. Seems to have spread like wildfire anyway.... would be a typical Clare fan tactic to make it up :P

I'd say both teams are likely to start the same 15 if everyone's fit.

The only injury Clare have would be Sean Collins

• Advertisement

If Clare have lost a big player,,,,it has to be honan .....:pac:

Has he even been on the bench to date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Has he been injured all year? He looked decent v Kilkenny in the league last year. Obviously, Podge has been fantastic this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nothing beats a good GAA rumour.

Lads... I've seen in numerous different places that those potential Limerick changes are true??

Dempsey, Allis and Dowling for Condon, Breen and Tobin??

Now, I haven't heard anything official...but there were rumours, and it's on plenty of other forums. The Dempsey switch would be really odd, I really didn't think it was true when I heard it first because Allen doesn't tend to make changes.

It could be complete bullshít now.

Doubt it,,,Allen very, very rarely changes his back 7.

Yeah...hopefully. I mean Dempsey is a fine player but dropping Condon would be strange.

And there isn't supposed to be any injury worries. (Although part of the reason I gave some credence of it was because it was a bit outlandish, seems a weird one to make up).

Yeah...hopefully. I mean Dempsey is a fine player but dropping Condon would be strange.

And there isn't supposed to be any injury worries. (Although part of the reason I gave some credence of it was because it was a bit outlandish, seems a weird one to make up).

Dowling could be brought in,,,,but only injuries would get the others in. There's a lot to be said for starting the same team..any manager who is chopping and changing,,,doesn't know what he is doing imo. Allen is too clever to start messing around now, unless there's something up.

Okay, never mind. It was bullshít. Team announced. Unchanged. Tobin starts, Downes makes the bench. Good news.

1. Nickie Quaid (Effin)
    2. Stephen Walsh (Glenroe)
    3. Richie McCarthy (Blackrock)
    4. Tom Condon (Knockaderry)
    5. Paudie O'Brien (Kilmallock)
    6. Wayne McNamara (Adare)
    7. Gavin O'Mahony (Kilmallock)
    8. Paul Browne (Bruff)
    9. Dónal O'Grady (Captain) (Granagh/Ballingarry)
    10. David Breen (Na Piarsaigh)
    11. James Ryan (Garryspillane)
    12. Seamus Hickey (Murroe/Boher)
    13. Graham Mulcahy (Kilmallock)
    14. Declan Hannon (Adare)
    15. Seanie Tobin (Murroe/Boher)

Subs:
    16. Aaron Murphy (Hospital/Herbertstown)
    17. Mark Carmody (Patrickswell)
    18. Cathal King (Na Piarsaigh)
    19. Alan Dempsey (Na Piarsaigh)
    20. Shane Dowling (Na Piarsaigh)
    21. Conor Allis (Croom)
    22. Niall Moran (Ahane)
    23. Kevin Downes (Na Piarsaigh)
    24. Paudie Aherne (Kilteely/Dromkeen)
    25. Tommy Quaid (Effin)
    26. Thomas Ryan (South Liberties)

I've no complaints, personally I'd like to see Dowling start, but a huge argument always exists for sticking with a winning team.

Mulcahy needs a big game imo, can count himself lucky.

• Advertisement

Rightwing wrote: »
    I've no complaints, personally I'd like to see Dowling start, but a huge argument always exists for sticking with a winning team.

Mulcahy needs a big game imo, can count himself lucky.

I wouldn't have minded Dowling starting, particularly for his frees... since Hannon can be a bit dodgy at times. But I wouldn't have him in the corner, as he's not a like-for-like replacement. And perhaps he doesn't have the fitness to go for 70 minutes...and with the gameplan being, having our half-forwards run them into the ground for the first 50 or so minutes.

Mulcahy's not being fully-firing but he still got 0-2 against Cork, and was influential against Tipp... and realistically Downes was his replacement but with his injury worries, it wasn't going to happen.

Downes would have been the player I'd bring in, he's got a great record against Clare...he can get goals, he's good in the air and has pace. I'd have him replaced Breen with him, moving Hannon to the wing, and have Downes float between full-forward and the half-forward line. Still, Allen knows what he's doing.

I wouldn't have minded Dowling starting, particularly for his frees... since Hannon can be a bit dodgy at times. But I wouldn't have him in the corner, as he's not a like-for-like replacement. And perhaps he doesn't have the fitness to go for 70 minutes...and with the gameplan being, having our half-forwards run them into the ground for the first 50 or so minutes.

Mulcahy's not being fully-firing but he still got 0-2 against Cork, and was influential against Tipp... and realistically Downes was his replacement but with his injury worries, it wasn't going to happen.

Downes would have been the player I'd bring in, he's got a great record against Clare...he can get goals, he's good in the air and has pace. I'd have him replaced Breen with him, moving Hannon to the wing, and have Downes float between full-forward and the half-forward line. Still, Allen knows what he's doing.

I agree with that.
    I was very impressed with Mulcahy a year or so ago,,,he just seems to be off a bit. Downes, def no one would complain if he started. But all in all I'm happy with the team. We've no injuries, that's the main thing.
    Breen is another chap I would say is a little lucky,,,altho in fairness to him he did a bit of damage v Cork in the first half.

Tobin surely can't have trained until at least this week?

Big gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Tobin surely can't have trained until at least this week?

Big gamble.

He is like a greyhound that lad. The rest will have done him good.

Likely to score 2-3 goals on Sunday

slegs wrote: »
    He is like a greyhound that lad. The rest will have done him good.

Likely to score 2-3 goals on Sunday

Are you offering odds on that?

Are you offering odds on that?

No, if you a looking to put a bet on it there are plenty of websites to take your money

Limerick will get goals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Well, usual concerns from me but no point going through them again, we have a plan so best of luck to the lads. Hope to see one of Hannon/Mulcahy find some real form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Limericks air of confidence seems staggering,most limerick people I'm talking to are convinced they will win Sunday.As they said last night on RTE,They even have a song done.

Talk about tempting fate.Were in the final,and no song,all eyes are on the weekends final run of games at club level.

I noticed,even on the clare thread ,there very quiet.They are in a great positon,and limerick surely would swap roles,as they dont handle the expectation as good.

Id be worried Allen hasnt made any changes.Just cause you win games,doesnt mean thats your best team,and you shoudn't improve it.Cody and JBM always start their best team,and arent afraid to make hard calls.

In Jbms case,Cork have improved in every game,and because he made the hard calls.Cian mac,was solid in one game,poor in hes second game,then that was it.He didnt feature in the last two.

Kenny was taken off last week,and if murphy is fit,he wont start in the final.Mcdonnell at full back,he has realised that wont work.

We won the football in 2010, but nearly every game started without our best 15, waited for the last 15 minutes to bring on better players,but very lucky that we didnt leave it two late.

Counihan attuitde was don't fix whats nots broken even though the cracks were there for everyone to see.

Id always start my best team,if you have players like dowling,downes,imagine what they could do in a full game.

Considering they have not played much at croke park,its a huge ask to bring them on with 20 minutes to go and expect them to hit the ground running.Croke park you need time to adjust to the ground and get your bearings.This is a far cry from the gaelic grounds,where the boys know every corner of the ground.

To me not picking at least Dowling,is an acceptance everything is fine.I cant see that limerick half forward line scoring much,apart from Hannon moving out there.But its clear as day,what limerick will do.Clare will be ready.Theres no point in empting the bench ,when your chasing the game.
    Clare loss to Cork has been a blessing in disguise for them,as they improved since,and changed things around.
    Limerick have left it as it is.

• Advertisement

Limericks air of confidence seems staggering,most limerick people I'm talking to are convinced they will win Sunday.As they said last night on RTE,They even have a song done.

Talk about tempting fate.Were in the final,and no song,all eyes are on the weekends final run of games at club level.

I noticed,even on the clare thread ,there very quiet.They are in a great positon,and limerick surely would swap roles,as they dont handle the expectation as good.

Id be worried Allen hasnt made any changes.Just cause you win games,doesnt mean thats your best team,and you shoudn't improve it.Cody and JBM always start their best team,and arent afraid to make hard calls.

In Jbms case,Cork have improved in every game,and because he made the hard calls.Cian mac,was solid in one game,poor in hes second game,then that was it.He didnt feature in the last two.

Kenny was taken off last week,and if murphy is fit,he wont start in the final.Mcdonnell at full back,he has realised that wont work.

We won the football in 2010, but nearly every game started without our best 15, waited for the last 15 minutes to bring on better players,but very lucky that we didnt leave it two late.

Counihan attuitde was don't fix whats nots broken even though the cracks were there for everyone to see.

Id always start my best team,if you have players like dowling,downes,imagine what they could do in a full game.

Considering they have not played much at croke park,its a huge ask to bring them on with 20 minutes to go and expect them to hit the ground running.Croke park you need time to adjust to the ground and get your bearings.This is a far cry from the gaelic grounds,where the boys know every corner of the ground.

To me not picking at least Dowling,is an acceptance everything is fine.I cant see that limerick half forward line scoring much,apart from Hannon moving out there.But its clear as day,what limerick will do.Clare will be ready.Theres no point in empting the bench ,when your chasing the game.
    Clare loss to Cork has been a blessing in disguise for them,as they improved since,and changed things around.
    Limerick have left it as it is.

"They even have a song"

Oh yeah, all 120,000 Limerick people got together and wrote a song because we are so over confident about winning the all Ireland. Tempting fate my arse. A few lads put out a song and we are all to be tarred with it. Will you get a life, I've been reading your waffle on here for months but this beats all.

Expectation comes with winning Munster and any Munster winning team has it. Limerick are no different. It doesnt make us over confident. We have had our ass handed to us so many times that we are incapable of being overconfident.

There is only one thing i expect and that is that as usual this Limerick team will give 100%. As long as I have been following Limerick we never lie down and we never lack in passion.

This year we have developed a system with some very good players that is working for us in 2 very tough games leading to a Munster title. Allen has earned the right to keep with this system and I'll take his educated and proven view of the world over your waffle any day. Everyone including Allen knows Dowling is a better scoring forward than Breen or Ryan or Hickey but they are picked to do a job and if you had been paying attention in 2012 you would have noticed that Dowling only had the fitness for 1 good half of hurling. I give Allen credit for figuring out how to use Dowling best and how to play without him.

I believe in Allen's plan. And even if its not working I think he has a plan B. He is a smart enough man to have learned from both his time with Cork and his recent games with Limerick.

If we lose on Sunday it wont be because of any auld sh1te that has gone on between fans before the the game or songs or comments on Boards.ie. it will be because Clare were the better side. If that happens then I would think that vast vast majority of Limerick folk will take it on the chin, shake hands with the Clare folk and be rooting for Clare in the final.

Limerick to win by 3-5 points scoring at least 3 goals.

Advertisement