Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Days to Die

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What's the minimum spec to play this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Requirements are still being decided. But currently we have the following Minimum Specs: At least 2GB’s RAM. a 256MB Graphics card or higher with shader support version 3 with DirectX 9 | Intel Dual Core Processor 2.2GhZ or higher / equivalent | At least 1.5GB’s of space | Windows XP SP3 /Vista SP2 / 7 SP2 / Windows 8 / Linux Version X / Mac Version X | A broadband line for multiplayer. Note: These do not apply to server hosting Requirements

Really tempted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Requirements are still being decided. But currently we have the following Minimum Specs: At least 2GB’s RAM. a 256MB Graphics card or higher with shader support version 3 with DirectX 9 | Intel Dual Core Processor 2.2GhZ or higher / equivalent | At least 1.5GB’s of space | Windows XP SP3 /Vista SP2 / 7 SP2 / Windows 8 / Linux Version X / Mac Version X | A broadband line for multiplayer. Note: These do not apply to server hosting Requirements

Really tempted..

Sweet my current system should manage ok then!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No sign of my key yet anyway. I backed it with only a few days to go, so i guess it might take a while. Hopefully get it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

got my key there , it seems like there is a multiplayer option , but ive no idea about it. if anyone wants to play let me know and il look into it :)

• Advertisement

Still none for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looking at the forums there seems to be people setting up servers for multiplayer fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Was messing about earlier on it and found an AT4 :D didnt think they'd have somethin like this in the game

Night time can be quite tough, but it's easy once you know how the zombies react. Will definitely be tougher once the acid spitting and wall climbing zombies come in the next alpha. Quite enjoyable overall though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I bought a double pack of kickstarter and I got my key there.

Wont get to try it til at least later this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Played for a while last night. Finally got the hang of crafting stuff.
    Got through the first night, but ended up digging a huge pit, didn't add a ladder and ran out of pickaxe and ammo :p

Ended up suiciding to respawn. Gonna have a good crack at it when I get home from work.

Excellent game so far, the noises scare the hell outa me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sweet the Paypal buy page is finally up again. Gonna get downloading now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

So I got to day 11, and after mining for what seemed like an eternity my game crashed with an out of memory error :p

It didn't save either... Found myself back on night 6 after reloading the game...

As it's an alpha, I can shrug it off. Will jump back into it later, but this time I'm doing hourly saves so I don't lose out on too much.

Had a pretty sweet defense and cave built too :/

I think the game is a great idea, and I think its really fun. I made my way to a town with brick houses and camped upstairs in one of them, breaking the stairs behind me. Safe as houses.

I think night time is a bit long. You literally can not be outside when night happens so you normally have some form of defense and you are just waiting for day, it is a bit boring.

The game glitched on me a couple of times, there were old logs that were popping up an error console every time i tried to pick them up, but nothing too major. Its certainly very playable as it is.

Agreed night time is too long,many nights i had nothing to do but wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

What's to stop you tunnelling between houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

zombie moles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

15654d1375497380-ford-recall-certain-model-year-2012-2013-focus-bev-2013-focus-st-vehicles-do-not-want.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

How deep down can you dig? Can you make underground bases or is there a bedrock level a few blocks down?

• Advertisement

How deep down can you dig? Can you make underground bases or is there a bedrock level a few blocks down?

The last video i linked gives you your answer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Dcully wrote: »
    The last video i linked gives you your answer :)

Bleh. Just tell me, I don't want to watch a 20min video :pac:

Bleh. Just tell me, I don't want to watch a 20min video :pac:

Yeah you can go down a pretty long way,but the zeds can dig and dig their way down :)

But underground the game is pretty much a less interesting minecraft. No zombies, cant come across caverns (afaik). The interesting part to me is the survival, not the mining

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Zeds can also dig down, so if digging at night, and they hear you, you're kinda fcuked. Also, a previous video said that if you didn't build support, the cave may collapse on top of you... which would be bad.

Will probably get this on next payday :)

Finally got around to making my first video on this game. Myself & a few of the lads manage to find rocket launchers & disaster strikes :P Enjoy!

Would really appreciate some help on Reddit with this one too, if you enjoyed it! http://redd.it/1l7bz5

Really enjoying this at the moment. Multiplayer/coop with mates is good fun. I've found the way to make the night more interesting is to try & fcuk over your mates by trying to get them to fall through the roof etc.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So where and how can I get my hands on this it looks fun or is access restricted to backers only

Their website has been down the last few days. Hopefully it will be up soon & you can pick it up from there

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Playing with some of the lads, quite a good game for Alpha, still loads to be improved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 faultytool

Great, another zombie survi...oh wait, that looks pretty sweet actually.

Advertisement