Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gigs/concerts are you going to next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Got tickets to The The in London next June, so excited.

The one band I always wanted to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

RHCP - 3Arena
    The Darkness - Academy
    Metallica - Manchester Arena
    CKY - VooDoo Lounge
    Metallica - Palexpo, Geneva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Awesome job CYHSY next up is Wolf Parade,Protomatyr and later in the year Otherkin.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Haven't been to many gigs at all this year, thankfully will be remedying this in the late autumn and winter. :)
    Going to the following:

October 3rd - The Drums - Whelan's
    October 7th - Susanne Sundfør - Sugar Club*
    October 16th - The Breeders - Vicar Street
    October 22nd - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Max Schmelling Halle, Berlin
    October 29th - Metropolis - RDS
    November 1st - London Grammar - Olympia
    November 6th - Zola Jesus - Whelan's
    November 25th - LP - The Academy
    December 2nd - Perfume Genius - Tivoli Theatre

*might not be able to go to this one as it clashes with something else, haven't decided which to go to yet

why did i never think of going to berlin to see nick cave? all sold out ...kicking myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

27th sept 17 - Australian Pink Floyd
    13th oct 17 - Gary Numan (Manchester)
    20th oct 17 - Dan Reed
    27th Oct 17 - Emili Sande
    8th Nov 17 - Alice Cooper
    15th Nov 17 - Depeche Mode
    ? Apr 18 - Arcade Fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

NIMAN wrote: »
    Got tickets to The The in London next June, so excited.

The one band I always wanted to see.

aggghhh can't believe this, would love to see them, means going via a resale site now :-(
    I had no idea they were planning dates.... the beaten generation lyrics are as relevant now as they were when it was first written, maybe even more so.

Which venue are you going to? Brixton & the RAH are both excellent venues for different reasons, never been to Troxy, but interestingly it looks pretty small inside, especially compared to the RAH

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

endabob1 wrote: »
    aggghhh can't believe this, would love to see them, means going via a resale site now :-(
    I had no idea they were planning dates.... the beaten generation lyrics are as relevant now as they were when it was first written, maybe even more so.

Which venue are you going to? Brixton & the RAH are both excellent venues for different reasons, never been to Troxy, but interestingly it looks pretty small inside, especially compared to the RAH

I got tickets for both the RAH and The Troxy, and plan to use whatever one suits me best in terms.of flights and holidays off work etc.

Think I would like to see the RAH to be honest, more iconic but perhaps it might not be the best place to see such a band?
    I think the Troxy is an old cinema building, and it seems to be a lot of standing with a balcony above. Capacity is 900 or less, compared to 5000+ of the RAH. Would certainly be a more intimate gig.

Would you be interested in the ones I don't use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Patww79 wrote: »

great band if you havent seen them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Patww79 wrote: »

may have been same tour i seen them on, blew me away, and im not a major floyd head. probably best tribute band ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

NIMAN wrote: »
    I got tickets for both the RAH and The Troxy, and plan to use whatever one suits me best in terms.of flights and holidays off work etc.

Think I would like to see the RAH to be honest, more iconic but perhaps it might not be the best place to see such a band?
    I think the Troxy is an old cinema building, and it seems to be a lot of standing with a balcony above. Capacity is 900 or less, compared to 5000+ of the RAH. Would certainly be a more intimate gig.

Would you be interested in the ones I don't use?

Absolutely.
    PM me if/when you're sure which ones suit you.
    I'm in the UK already so much more flexible in terms of days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Lcd in London Saturday night. Cannot friggin wait. Set list seems similar to last year with maybe 2-3 tracks off American dream added. As long as they play 'someone great' I'll be happy! That was my standout moment from EP last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Lads I'm trying to find out if Nick Mulvey is going ahead in the Button Factory on Thursday. Told it's off, can't get hold of anyone to confirm or deny. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Penfailed

My next is Black Rebel Motorcycle Club in a months time :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Have a good few concerts lined up between now and the end of the year.

St Vincent - Oct 21st, Olympia
    Julien Baker - Nov 9th, Whelan's
    Brand New - Nov 16th, Olympia (been one of my fave bands for over a decade, can't believe I'm finally going to see them live)
    Perfume Genius - Dec 2nd, Tivoli Theatre

Also considering getting tix for one of Damien Dempsey's pre-xmas gig in Vicar Street. Rusangano Family are playing the button factory some time in November too, so might head to that - they're great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Guys really sorry - l I know this is the wrong thread but would desperately love to go see Dermot Kennedy in the Button Factory on 9th or 10th October. Anyone have any spare tickets knocking around?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Not Dua Lipa it seems. Those tix are gonnnne.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Dua Lipa tickets gone in seconds...feck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Stereophonics Point Mar 2018
    Noel Gallagher HFB Point May 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Not Dua Lipa it seems. Those tix are gonnnne.

Monday gig added...secured 2. At least my daughter will talk to me this weekend now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

galwayspur wrote: »
    Monday gig added...secured 2. At least my daughter will talk to me this weekend now :D

Second gig gone in seconds too 😕

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

galwayspur wrote: »

Missed them too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Going to London Grammar in Nov and a mate picked me up a couple of tickets for Dua Lipa too so looking forward to those.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭trashcan

Squeeze in Vicar St on Tuesday. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Anyone who wasnt at LCD. You missed out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,658 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The fight during Chris Rock last night was a new one to me. Brawls at comedy gigs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

The Nal wrote: »
    The fight during Chris Rock last night was a new one to me. Brawls at comedy gigs!

Any videos?

Advertisement