Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking snake story; what pets would you ban?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

wazky wrote: »
    That's called evolution.

Locking a bird in a cage is not.
    I think you misunderstand evolution there. What evolutionary adaptations do humans have to living in apartments?
    Wibbs wrote: »
    I reckon the small dog syndrome is down to the owners most of the time. Being small and not seen as physically threatening they can get away with behaviour that a bigger dog wouldn't and this informs their overall behaviour. EG Pekinese jumps on your lap and yips= ahhh isn't that cute, let's encourage that Versus German Shepherd jumps on your lap and barks = call the Gardai.
    100% agree. The Chihuahuas that people giggle at for being 'cute' when they snap and snarl are showing exactly the same behaviour that would get a bull breed put down. Ever watch those dog training shows? I've found that, in general, the large breeds seem to have problems with things like chewing and barking, the small breeds tend to be the ones that get hyper-aggressive about the couch, or overly protective of a family member to the point of viciousness. Not all of them, obviously, but it never ceases to amaze me that people write off major behavioural problems as cute simply because it's a fluffy teacup yorkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

My dog has a problem with humping things

We went down to the park one day where there's a childrens farm with Goats, Pigs, Sheep,Chickens etc.

One of the chickens got out and was walking around the road, my dog saw at and went for it.

We were freaking out and legged it over, dog was raping the chicken, humping it like a mad thing.

Poor chicken was traumatised, now it just stands on the roof of the chicken koop all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

wazky wrote: »
    Cats.

Not because they are dangerous or anything, I just don't particularly like them.

Yeah yeah we've heard it all before. Read up a bit on Mark Twain and what he had to say about cats and their owners. You might not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Read ny other posts horsebox. Staffordshire bull terriers are a completely different kettle of fish to a pit bull.

Horsebox...?

Anyways, Staffies are on the RB list. They're a bull-terrier type, just like pitbulls - so what's your point exactly ? Seems like just an excuse to ignore what I said. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

cows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Whats Horrible about them so ?
    That they keep rat, mice populations etc down by eating them and they were revered for this by the Romans (they bought Aesculapian Ratsnakes to England and released them into the wild and they are still around today) and still are in many parts of he world, only about 1/3 are venomous and they don't seek out humans to kill and will generally bite in stepped on or provoked like any other animal really.

Im not too fond of rats but wouldn't say they were horrible either apart from pissing on you the odd time you pick them up, they are pretty clean as they always groom themselves too, and can be thought tricks just like cats and dogs aswell.

Somehow I doubt anyone in Ireland keeps a snake for rat problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

baraca wrote: »
    Used to work in a petshop before and a fella came in one day and told me a story about a snake he used to have. Apparently it stopped eating for ages wouldn't touch nothing and he was regularly waking up on the sofa or wherever and finding the snake lying lengthways beside him.

Turns out the snake was sizing him up to see if he could fit him in to him. Rough turned me off snakes big time
    I've heard that story a million times, from many countries and many situations and involving a woman too!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

What is the attraction in pet snakes? They're horrible bastards. Same with pet rats. I just don't get the attraction

Rats are lovely pets, friend of mine had one and it was really affectionate, loved being hand fed and having its belly rubbed, people think rat and think big disease spreading sewer rats but white pet rats are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

krudler wrote: »
    white pet rats are lovely.

As opposed to black pet rats.
    First racist post folks!!
    Took its time but here it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

I've heard that story a million times, from many countries and many situations and involving a woman too!

Woah the woman was thinking of eating him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement