Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Some of them are theories based on comic book knowledge though so it's fair enough to spoiler them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

also is this thread not on US pace? I'm watching it on Sky and the spoilers sometimes refer to the next weeks epsisode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Watching the latest episode again, I note when your one says to Barry that him and Harrison are more alike than he knows. Maybe this is a clue toward the theory that Harrison is in fact Barry from the future as many of us have speculated.

Only thing for me is that this feels more like Wally rather than Barry, the way the series is being written

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Wells is certainly a curious case. He revealed the speedster voice but at the same time he doesn't seem to heal like Barry and he seemed happy enough to let Caitlin treat him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Wells is certainly a curious case. He revealed the speedster voice but at the same time he doesn't seem to heal like Barry and he seemed happy enough to let Caitlin treat him.
    He did heal, rewatch the last scene and watch the cuts heal on his face.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, then he isn't Prof Zoom because that character doesn't have any Speedforce powers, the suit does when charged, though that's what he is doing to the suit in the final scene.
    But, they may do a Grant Ward and take a white hat and turn him into a black hat in the finale.
    The superfan of The Flash that he appears to be, Wells, from the future, it does fit into the Prof Zoom storyline.
    Eddie not being snuffed out was disappointing but, he must be relevant in some way to the future, perhaps through Iris?

Could you possibly spoiler comic theories for people who haven't read them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah, ffs Ciidonalad.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

He did heal, rewatch the last scene and watch the cuts heal on his face.

That may have been a makeup error. There was no animated healing iirc.

• Advertisement

Turtwig wrote: »
    That may have been a makeup error. There was no animated healing iirc.

If you look closely enough, you'll see the scar on over his right eye healing after he puts the device on the suit, it does appear however that there is no healing-factor until the device is attached to the suit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Could you possibly spoiler comic theories for people who haven't read them please?

You can plainly see the Spolier alert in the thread title, that should really be enough.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You can plainly see the Spolier alert in the thread title, that should really be enough.

What the hell does that have to do with
    Professor Zoom? Eobard Thawne?
    and other such things we know due to the comics. You can plainly see we are in the TV forum :rolleyes:

That's like me going into the Walking Dead and GoT thread and speculating on what happens based on the comics/books.

Not that I mind, as I have read a good chunk of comics, but I am sure that there is people that would like to discover these things on their own, be it through the comics, or the show, it's just respectful, no need to reply like a douche.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Yes this "[** Spoilers **]" means you're free to talk about spoilers from episodes that have already aired.It doesn't relate to comic books or what's happening in future episodes or news about upcoming casting.

If you're talking about the latter then its fair that you put them in spoilers.I for one couldn't care less about the comics and want to find out these things by watching the show week by week.

Cmon dude this relates to every tv show thread thats in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have to agree with the above posters, comic spoilers should either be in a separate thread, or at least put "comic" before the spoiler tags. I've never read or seen anything Flash related before, and everytime i've read a spoiler, thinking it's spoilered in case anyone hasn't seen the episode, i get something that i wish i'd found out through the show.

Again, let those who have read the comics/seen the old show talk about it, but please put "comic" before the spoiler so i know not to read it.

As for this show, it's quickly becoming my favourite show on tv. The writers really know what they're doing, and the upbeat vibe off it is refreshing, and reminds me of the Marvel films, which i love. Can't wait to see what happens in the second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Casting News
    Peyton List will be playing Captain Cold's sister,Lisa Snart and Nicholas Gonzalez will be playing Cisco's older brother. Both will appear in episode 16 titled Rogue Time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm really enjoying the show but is anyone else hoping they kill off Cisco?

I hope they do so we don't have to deal with the awful actor and hear other characters utter his stupid name. What is it with Americans and their obnoxious names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Kirby wrote: »

I hope they do so we don't have to deal with the awful actor and hear other characters utter his stupid name. What is it with Americans and their obnoxious names.

I like Cisco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I think Cisco is great. He comes up with some good lines. Is this taking a mid season break on sky does anyone know

I like Cisco.

Only character, to see the threat that Flash represents and took measures to combat him. That Cold-Gun would have been very handy last week (as he said)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

iano.p wrote: »
    I think Cisco is great. He comes up with some good lines.

+1 - in fact the only weak link for me is Iris. The rest of the cast are great.

Sky had the cross-over episode on last night and I loved this bit as I had made the same connection right before he says it:

Dr. Harrison Wells: Anger. Hate. Aggression.
    Cisco Ramon: [In a Yoda voice] A jedi craves not these things.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Dr. Harrison Wells: Anger. Hate. Aggression.
    Cisco Ramon: [In a Yoda voice] A jedi craves not these things.

:p[/quote]

I almost spat my tea all over the place when he said that..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Totally agree, worst character on the show and a horrible actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Anyone else sick of the opening sequence "Im Barry Allen yada yada yada" every episode

Anyone else sick of the opening sequence "Im Barry Allen yada yada yada" every episode

Has to be done. It's a way to hook a new audience and explain what the show is about. It grates but its necessary. You think the flash one is clunky, its nothing compared to Arrow's one. By god I know the Arrow one verbatim at this stage even though they change it slightly every season.

"....to do so, I can't be the killer I once was...."

To do so? That was the best language you could come up with. Bloody hell guys. :o

Has to be done. It's a way to hook a new audience and explain what the show is about. It grates but its necessary. You think the flash one is clunky, its nothing compared to Arrow's one. By god I know the Arrow one verbatim at this stage even though they change it slightly every season.

"....to do so, I can't be the killer I once was...."

To do so? That was the best language you could come up with. Bloody hell guys. :o

Yeah the Arrow one was more annoying tbh, but for season 3 they don't have any of that know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well none of the opening narrations could top
    "Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime..."

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

What is it with Americans and their obnoxious names.
    Surely Cisco is just a Latin variant on Frank? Kinda like Cornelius here could be Connie or Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Well none of the opening narrations could top
    "Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime..."

Nah, I'd say this one is better myself...

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit...."

But for sheer epicness you can't beat...

"There are those who believe...that life here began out there..."

One thing I miss from a lot of recent shows is a decent intro/title sequence!

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    Surely Cisco is just a Latin variant on Frank? Kinda like Cornelius here could be Connie or Neil.

Right but I'm not talking about its origins, I'm talking about its usage. I mean come on. How many people do you know called Cisco? The only Sisko I know lives on a space station. :P

It's just quintessentially American to have stupid names. Naming your kid flower or apple or something silly. Or second names used as first names. Like McBride or Smith. Those are surnames guys. Don't name your children that.

I love America but its one of the irritable things about it and it just annoys me when the other characters say his name. Coupled with the fact that the guy playing him can't act....leads to me wanting him to be killed off.

And we wont lack for the comedic effect. Funny lines can be said by anyway. They aren't character specific.

Advertisement