Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Flash [** Spoilers ** ==> US pace]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Excellent episode. Diggle's reaction to Barry was hilarious and the Arrow vs Flash fight was brilliant. Firestorm looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it was great fun, especially the actual fight.
    Diggle doing jokes was a bit 'off' though.... a bit out of character for him.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it was great fun, especially the actual fight.
    Diggle doing jokes was a bit 'off' though.... a bit out of character for him.

Yeah he was definitely out of character but Flash is the "fun" show while Arrow is the serious one. Can't wait for the Arrow episode tonight with Captain Boomerang. They are really hinting about Connor Hawke now with oliver meeting sandra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah he was definitely out of character but Flash is the "fun" show while Arrow is the serious one. Can't wait for the Arrow episode tonight with Captain Boomerang. They are really hinting about Connor Hawke now with oliver meeting sandra

i was thinking when they were talking, who the hell she was and then when her phone rang i remembered the flashbacks in Arrow season 2.

Pity that scene will be lost on a lot of people here who don't watch Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It was good to see the Arrow cast more light hearted. Haven't seen Ollie smile as often in 1 episode of his own show.
    And Felicity is always able to keep us happy with what she's wearing and not wearing. That dress last time, not her top this time.

And Cisco getting an "I told you so" moment with his comment about the cold gun.

Was trying to think who the one at the end was, then remembered. Ollie acted at first like he didn't remember her. At least that's how I talk to someone while trying to think where I know them from. Wonder will we see more of her or if was just to remind us she's still around.

Though did find it strange they were they for Captain Boomerang yet there was no indication he was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

CastorTroy wrote: »

Though did find it strange they were they for Captain Boomerang yet there was no indication he was there.

That's because he's Arrow's bad guy, not The Flash's, I'm sure he'll appear on Arrow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

CastorTroy wrote: »

Looks like it's being covered in the Arrow

https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/491423710995666/?type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Liked Oliver saying Wells is dodgy, definitely think he is a major DC Universe villain also Eddie showing a bit of interest in The Flash hope we see something concrete on whether he is Professor Zoom/Reverse Fash or just a mind **** red herring thrown in to screw with comic book fans. Given that the Multi verse hypothesis is the DC flavour of the month/year at the moment anything is possible, liked the Palmer name popping up in this episode too, great show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm liking this more than I thought I would. The flash is just a better hero than the Arrow. He has a super power. The Arrow doesn't......and Oliver Queen is no Bruce Wayne to compensate for that.

I find I'm rooting for the guy who plays the flash where I just want punch the guy playing the Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another solid episode this week. I don't follow Arrow though so I'm guessing I'll need to get that paritcular one for the last 10 mins to make sense?

Felicity is just fabulous though :p - but Barry needs to stop pining after Iris and look at what's right in front of him (Caitlin) -
    but with her ex now back on the scene that budding romance may die a quick death anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm liking this more than I thought I would. The flash is just a better hero than the Arrow. He has a super power. The Arrow doesn't......and Oliver Queen is no Bruce Wayne to compensate for that.

I find I'm rooting for the guy who plays the flash where I just want punch the guy playing the Arrow.

Nah, superpowers are too easy, Arrow is so much better because he is just a guy but he has all the gizos and stuff! Just like how Batman is betetr than Superman, its too easy and no real tension or effort for the guy with superpowers.

This was a good episode, probably because Arrow was in it. Still think the show suffers from its supporting cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Kirby wrote: »

Interesting comment re Bruce and Oliver, as I think this is what I struggled with in relation to getting into Arrow.

Simply, I feel like a lot of aspects of Bruce have been used for this version of Oliver. A lot of borrowing has been done of the Bat universe, but they might argue it's all one big universe to be used however they want.

What sums it up is the pending arrival of a major Batman foe.

I just find The Flash much easier to embrace.

Casting News
    Mark Hamill will guest-star this season, reprising his role from the 1990s edition of the superhero series as James Jesse aka The Trickster

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash/

Casting News
    Mark Hamill will guest-star this season, reprising his role from the 1990s edition of the superhero series as James Jesse aka The Trickster

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/exclusive-mark-hamill-to-play-the-trickster-again-on-the-flash/

Sweeeeeet. He has to go all
    Joker Voice
    on it though. Vague recollections of the 1990 version

Extra 2 minutes in the mid-season finale (tonight) -
    As much as this episode is the biggest action, the biggest visual effects and the biggest canvas that we’ve ever painted on, in these first nine episodes, there’s also so much heart and humor and emotion. Invariably, some of that great stuff ends up on the cutting room floor, just simply for time’s sake. We really credit Mark Pedowitz and everyone at The CW for being so supportive of us. They didn’t want a single minute to get lost, so they gave us the extra time. It really benefits the episode because there really is not a wasted moment in it. It would have been a real shame for one of these great moments to wind up in the dust bin and not be a part of making this episode as amazing as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Interesting comment re Bruce and Oliver, as I think this is what I struggled with in relation to getting into Arrow.

Simply, I feel like a lot of aspects of Bruce have been used for this version of Oliver. A lot of borrowing has been done of the Bat universe, but they might argue it's all one big universe to be used however they want.

What sums it up is the pending arrival of a major Batman foe.

I just find The Flash much easier to embrace.

Originally, Green Arrow was a huge Batman rip-off. He had an Arrowmobile and an Arrowcave, which they kept making fun of in the crossovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode, at least we now know who the reverse flash is NOT.... or do we? Anyone want to explain to me what the coda was about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Mr E wrote: »
    Great episode, at least we now know who the reverse flash is NOT.... or do we? Anyone want to explain to me what the coda was about?
    The Wells bit?

Potential chance that he is the Zolomon version of Zoom/reverse Flash (which stands to reason, and something I've been suspecting...I could end up wrong though)

Him having a ring (where in the comics Flash's costume is kept) is a need nod. So he is either Zoom/Reverse Flash (Zolomon) and the one we saw attack him is him from a different place in time (BECAUSE TIME TRAVEL/FLASHPOINT)

OR...

He's aiding Reverse Flash, which I highly doubt

OR...

This is a different Reverse Flash, maybe Eddie from the Future, hence why he didn't kill Eddie

OR

I have my own little theory which I'm still working on

Great episode especially Firestorm.
    In relation to ending
    I think Wells creates the suit and the Reverse Flash that attacked him is related to Eddie in some way. If you rewatch the ending, when Wells says Merry Christmas you can see that his wounds have healed so he is definitely a speedster like Barry or a meta human. Revealing him with the yellow suit this early is a tease and he is probably a different speeder as when he attached the device it added the speed force to the suit
    Also
    with Cisco mentioning there being 2 speedsters present during Nora Allen's murder it looks like Barry saves his kid self

If you want to read some theories, I find the Flash Sub reddit to be great
    http://nt.reddit.com/r/FlashTV/new/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I like your thoughts Eoin.
    I reckon the Reverse we saw is either Eddie from the future as the whole thing of 'we did this before' he says to the Flash definitely implies time travel to me.

I reckon Harrison is one of the other Flashes from the future come back right at the moment to save Barry. Either that or he is Barry. Bart maybe? Only flaw I see in this theory is that he built and empowered the Reverse Flash suit.

Quite the conundrum the writers have drummed up for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My theory, though unlikely, is
    With the doctor from the 90s series in this episode with the same name, a man in red fighting the man in yellow and Barry's dad being played by 90s Flash maybe Barry's dad was a speedster as well
    Surely after what the cops have seen, they can testify that there was a man in yellow that could move fast and get Barry's dad another hearing, at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dr Wells ring was gold rather than red for Barry or yellow for the Reverse Flash, Firestorm is two entities fused as one so it is not just Ronny rather it is Ronny and another person not yet named, I think this is a Multiverse related show, the fact that Wells is an as yet unknown character in the DC universe, man this show gives me migraines. :D Seeing as he had a Gold Ring could Dr Wells be Jay Garrick The Flash of the Golden Age, I'm really over thinking this.

Was the head of Mercury the actress that played the Caitlin-esque character in the 1990 show?

Was the head of Mercury the actress that played the Caitlin-esque character in the 1990 show?
    Yup

Yup

Thought so, had a massive crush on that character as a kid.

I could just have used imdb to find out but what's the point in that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

So many possibilities !
    So its obvious that Well's is a speedster. I doubt he's the Reverse Flash, I'm still going with the idea that Eddie ( or a descendant ) is RF.

I initially thought Wells could be Barry from the future and he was stuck here after coming back to try and save his mother/ stop Reverse Flash.

Now I don't know what to think

I like what they're doing with Firestorm, looking forward to seeing more of him

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another great episode this week. can't really add anything to the theories above (I only vaguely remember the original series and not any additional spin-off stuff) but the writers have really done a great job in the 9 episodes so far.

I assume there's a break for a while now? Has this been green-lit for a 2nd season?

10850113_757702750988697_4081218613481436370_n.png?oh=28b96827a3e8baa57c51b0705d9d0238&oe=5546ABFE

They've posted a trailer on The Flash facebook page for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I hate these mid season breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jaysus lads whats with the spoilers? You are discussing the latest episode, there's no need for em

Advertisement