Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rayman Legends

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Right, so far it's better than the PS3 and Xbox versions in that the Murfy levels play the way they're supposed to (AI controlling the actual run through, while you use the touch screen to interact with the various objects etc). Plays identically to every other platform so far. Haven't had time to finish any of the worlds just yet, so haven't been able to confirm the Invasion info - but I have absolutely no reason not to think that it's not the case. Would be an odd thing to get wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

COYVB wrote: »
    Right, so far it's better than the PS3 and Xbox versions in that the Murfy levels play the way they're supposed to (AI controlling the actual run through, while you use the touch screen to interact with the various objects etc). Plays identically to every other platform so far. Haven't had time to finish any of the worlds just yet, so haven't been able to confirm the Invasion info - but I have absolutely no reason not to think that it's not the case. Would be an odd thing to get wrong

Well that is excellent news so far. Game seems perfect for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good digital foundry article here that basically says it's a remarkable game on all platforms, and identical, with the Wii U having a slight advantage game-play wise:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-rayman-legends-face-off?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=net-daily
    Overall, it's clear that the Wii U offers up the definitive version of the game as imagined by its creators, and does so by introducing GamePad-exclusive mechanics that are well thought out and that never feel like cheap gimmicks. But at the same time Rayman Legends is an outstanding release on all platforms, and an essential purchase regardless of which format you happen to own. The modified Wii U gameplay mechanics mostly come off as a complete success on the 360, PS3 and PC, and the increased focus on more traditional Rayman gameplay in these sections makes for an equally compelling alternative, if not the preferred choice for the more traditionalist gamer not that keen on touchscreen or motion-based gameplay features.

I'd imagine the Vita would be as good as the Wii U version, though without the interaction between multiple players that you can have on the Wii U.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone played the 8-bit Orchestral Mayhem level :mad:

My eyes actually hurt from playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'd imagine the Vita would be as good as the Wii U version, though without the interaction between multiple players that you can have on the Wii U.

ONLY thing that has the Vita version behind the Wii U is that it's not quite as comfortable from a controller point of view, in terms of straight up gameplay

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    ONLY thing that has the Vita version behind the Wii U is that it's not quite as comfortable from a controller point of view, in terms of straight up gameplay

So does it have all the same content too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

tok9 wrote: »
    So does it have all the same content too?

According to Eurogamer today the Invasion levels have been cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Loving this!! Such fun. The music levels are a joy! It does seem easier than Origins, flying through it, although I had gotten pretty good at Origins and this is more or less the same.

Any interest in a boards league? We could do the weekly challenge (daily would be too hard to keep track of), it only takes a minute and is alot of fun. The times the world's best are setting seem ridiculous, would be nice to face off with some "normal" players....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I've no idea how people can do those times for the 300 metres sprints. :confused:

• Advertisement

i can only assume some sort of cheating is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pretty much finished the game. Platinum trophies on all the new stuff. Just have the origins levels to complete, 130 or more teensies to collect but I completed all those levels less than a month ago. Only complaint I had for the PC version was the level Dragon Slayer has some frame rate slow down on a wall run section. Not that much of an issue because there's a checkpoint just before it begins. But for
    the 8 bit edition
    it's a nuisance as I'd to guess my way through that bit. :(

Absolutely fantastic game. Up there with as one of favourite platformers, if not games, of all time!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Amount of content on offer is very much a throwback to the days when devs had more engine to fiddle around with, and didn't immediately go in unison 'DLC!'.
    Stupidly surprised at how addictive the challenges get; immediately assumed they'd just be some competitive gimmick to pad the playtime, but 'one more go'-ism quickly becomes compulsion.

Also, the levels of 'fail' a man feels when he borks up one of the rhythm-runs is unprecedented. I never gave a toss about 'Eye of the Tiger' 'til Legends came into my life.

The music throughout is pretty fantastic, from the kinda eastern vibe tunes in the toad story levels to the james bondesque tunes in the underwater ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Must pick this up, Origins was good fun

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A few months late to the Legends party, but after my first two hours worth of play last night I am smitten. A work of pure imagination and joy - beautiful presentation, epic soundtrack (grinned like a kid during the first musical level) and just remarkable to play and control. Michel Ancel and his team are some of the best designers working in games today.

Hopefully they will patch the vita version as it's still missing content.

So I'm still holding off playing it. Only played about 2 hours worth too and it is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

tok9 wrote: »
    Hopefully they will patch the vita version as it's still missing content.

So I'm still holding off playing it. Only played about 2 hours worth too and it is fantastic.

There's so much content in the game, keep playing it anyway and when the vita patch comes out, you'll have more to play.

I still haven't got all the Teensies, have about 40 left to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Still getting an hourish's worth of play every day, thanks to the Challenge levels; drawing in on 1,000,000 Lums.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is amazing. This needs to be open source :P

• Advertisement

This game is absolutely amazing looking. Just finishing off the 20000 lums under the sea section. Just class.

Also some great news, vita version should be patched by the 26th.

Advertisement