Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rayman Legends

Options
  • 04-08-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

The sequel to Rayman Origins will finally be out by the end of the month. Anyone else looking forward to it? I thought Origins was an excellent game.

I'm not sure whether to get it on Wii U or PC. It was originally designed for Wii U but the PC version will be cheaper! It's also on 360, PS3 and Vita.

For PC if you preorder it digitally you get Rayman Origins. Steam, Uplay, gamefly and getgamesgo all have that offer. I think Gamefly is the cheapest at the moment, using the code GFDAUG20UK it is £20 while it's €30 in the other places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Only played on the Wii U so far, but would thoroughly recommend picking it up for that given, as you said, that's the system it was built for. It's bloody brilliant. Simple as that. Everyone needs it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Demo is up now on xbox live (gold membership needed) spent an hour with it, there are at least 4 levels, so much win!!!!!!!!

Will the game have online multiplayer this time?

Number one in the world on today's daily challenge on ps3 and number 3 on Wii u! Take THAT other game journalist people! I'm prouder about this than I should be

calex71 wrote: »
    Will the game have online multiplayer this time?

It does not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Is it still using those toys as DLC like we seen in the trailer last year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

It's getting great reviews. 10/10 from Eurogamer, 9.5 from IGN, 9 from Edge. Can't wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Got this for 7 keys (€10) on steamtrades with origins for steam. What a bargain that is after seeing the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think a good feature they could've added for the Wii U since they went to the bother of delaying it is add the option of how to do the Murfy levels. So could play as planned for Wii U or play as on the 360 and PS3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Metro calls it the best non-Mario platform game ever made. Just bought it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wow, had actually forgotten this was even on the way out, but those are some spectacularly encouraging reviews. Might have to invest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ordered from amazon, loooooooved the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm glad this is making it's way to PC, really enjoyed the last one.

Looking forward to that satisfaction of finally completing a level after dying 3,245 times at that one section. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm glad this is making it's way to PC, really enjoyed the last one.

Looking forward to that satisfaction of finally completing a level after dying 3,245 times at that one section. :pac:

I had a proper celebration night when I finally clocked 'Land of the Livid Dead'. It broke me as a man, and then, made me a god.

Dunno, may be overselling it a tiny bit.

I've already 100%-ed the Legends demo more than once; can barely wait for the full game.

Top Lums collector in the WOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD on PS3 :D

b28kyPN.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PC Version is 30 euro on Steam with a free copy of Origins thrown in. Good times!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

PC Version is 30 euro on Steam with a free copy of Origins thrown in. Good times!

Over half the price on tf2 outpost with origins also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sounds great but I'm concerned...

I loved SMW on the Snes, played it to death, star roaded it and all that; Yoshi's Island - worshiped it.... but that was a long time ago. I played the RayMan Origins demo for about 5 minutes on the 3DS and wasn't pushed. And I find New Super Mario Bros U to be a bit meh - all frustration with none of the invention that made the SNES games and Sunshine/Galaxy so compelling.

Is it that the games aren't as good as they used to be or I'm not as good as I used to be so the games are annoying me more? Should I forget what I think I know and go with the reviews?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A 5 minute demo play is not sufficient to judge any game. Origins is a surprisingly robust, varied and engaging experience. If this is even more imaginative and rounds out some of the rough edges as is being suggested, I cannot wait.

Banjo wrote: »

I loved SMW on the Snes, played it to death, star roaded it and all that; Yoshi's Island - worshiped it.... but that was a long time ago. I played the RayMan Origins demo for about 5 minutes on the 3DS and wasn't pushed. And I find New Super Mario Bros U to be a bit meh - all frustration with none of the invention that made the SNES games and Sunshine/Galaxy so compelling.

Is it that the games aren't as good as they used to be or I'm not as good as I used to be so the games are annoying me more? Should I forget what I think I know and go with the reviews?

Rayman Origins is terrible on the 3DS, try it on a console/PC instead.

cheapest place to buy wii u version is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

cheapest place to buy wii u version is ?

It's €31.19 on Wowhd but I've read they're quite slow with delivery and you may be caught with customs.

It's £29.73 from amazon.co.uk.

Gamestop.ie has it for €39.97. Don't know what the in store price will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Super Mario World on the Snes just hasn't been topped, even by all these more modern platformers. That game is just perfection. Go back and play it now, it's still great.

I also played Origins on the 3DS and the console did it no justice, it's all muddy and washed out. Currently playing it on the PC and can now see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Super Mario World on the Snes just hasn't been topped, even by all these more modern platformers. That game is just perfection. Go back and play it now, it's still great.
    I do, frequently, on my shiny WiiU controllerablet. It's awesome and for €1.50 it was a much better investment than the full WiiU Mario game.
    I also played Origins on the 3DS and the console did it no justice, it's all muddy and washed out. Currently playing it on the PC and can now see what all the fuss is about.
    Is that to suggest that it's all visual pizzazz? I've seen Dee-Lite videos and Yo-Gabba-Gabba, I'm not easily impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I do, frequently, on my shiny WiiU controllerablet. It's awesome and for €1.50 it was a much better investment than the full WiiU Mario game.

Snes and a CRT, only way to go!

Speaking of Yoshi's Island, I'm playing through that at the moment. One of the best looking Snes games, but the gameplay gets very repetitive and dare I say it, dull :(.
    Is that to suggest that it's all visual pizzazz? I've seen Dee-Lite videos and Yo-Gabba-Gabba, I'm not easily impressed

It is visually, stunning. Really really lovely game, one of the nicest worlds I've seen in a while.

There's a lot of visual pizzazz alright, but I think the 3DS iteration, between the small screen and washed out/muddy picture, it just doesn't lend itself particularly well to being played like that.

There are things on the 3DS version I couldn't even make our properly. Lots of 'ah!, so THAT's what that was' while going through on the PC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I bought Origins in the Steam Summer sale. Broke the cardinal rule of the sales and actually played it. Loved it to bits and finished land of the livid dead. Tried the demo for this. Very much liked it. Preordered it. Friday cannot come quickly enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Sparko

I ordered this from zavvi months ago, before the Wii u release date got pushed. Must check and see if the order is still active, reviews are very promising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone know where i will pick up the cheapest copy of rayman ? for the PC ?

Or will i go for the Vita one ? as i have seen no reviews for the vita copy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Non stop positive comments about this game, getting excellent reviews alright.

Might get for the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I loved origins and have played the legends demo enough times to know this will be an instant classic.

the music levels are some of the finest pieces of design that are like playing through a disney musical

cant wait till i get it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

o1s1n wrote: »

Mario World is probably my favourite video game ever. You're right it's perfect, the design, the music, the graphics are still wonderful and its just really fun. First time I ever played it was on a SNES demo unit in Smyths donkeys years ago, blew me away even playing it for a few minutes, the first ghost house level was what I played (I can't remember most of my mates birthdays but that I do :pac: ) and thought it was incredible looking.

Advertisement