Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will form the next government?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Irish Sex Party in coalition with Irish Pirate Party

• Registered Users Posts: 14,723 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I don't know who's going to form the next Government but I'd imagine we'll have a party.
    Whoooo!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Hopefully a new party will be formed by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Henlars67 wrote: »
    The SF membership, who have the final say on any coalition, would never, ever allow that

I voted FG last election. I may do so again next election, one or three things depending. If they go into Govt with SF, I can promise I'll never vote FG again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Satts wrote: »
    Hopefully a new party will be formed by then.

There isn't really the time for a new party to form and gain enough traction to be significant by the next election.

For any serious new party to get established, they'd have to be fighting the local elections next year, and I don't see anyone (except maybe those loons in DDI) gearing up.

• Advertisement

Seriously - you guys must be naive to think it'll never happen.

I can hear the voices now - Paisley and McGuinness powersharing - Never, never, never
    In fairness, imagining FG and SF forming the next government is naive in the extreme.

There are plenty of other more likely options down here - that was the only option up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

What sort of new party do people want?

The centre-right, centre and the left are already covered by what we have already.

There is no point in any new party setting up with similar ideology to what we have already.

Do people want a far right party? can't see one of those doing much good here.

Saying you want a new party is all well and good, but what sort of party do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Saying you want a new party is all well and good, but what sort of party do you want?

An Ann Summers Party:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

i want to see a SF majority

just for the comedy

Thats an impossibility. Gerry Adams will have to come out of hiding and actually talk to the Irish nation on TV and people will remember why they dont vote SF again. Mainly because he hasn't got a clue about any of the issues.

No matter what the subject is about they wheel out Mary Lou. Faulty break lights on cars Mary Lou. Abandoned Children Mary Lou. EU matters Mary Lou.

I'm sure they interviewed her once when she was giving birth because Gerry Adams was unavailable for comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

An Ann Summers Party:D

They'd liven up the Dail dress code :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Make Michael O' Leary our dictator and overlord. It's the logical thing to do.

thecatspjs wrote: »
    Make Michael O' Leary our dictator and overlord. It's the logical thing to do.

Ballot papers would come pre-fiilled with his name checked, and it'd cost a fiver to change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Should the good people of this country see fit to elect a Shinner government, I imagine myself, many others and a lot of capital will be at the airport.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Should the good people of this country see fit to elect a Shinner government, I imagine myself, many others and a lot of capital will be at the airport.
    They'd have you classified as a traitor and hung from the side of T2. :eek:

There's a discussion on the in the Politics forum. They seem to be very woolly. Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Bertie.

He'll come riding on Haughey like the second coming and save the country.

He'll be the first Irish president to govern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Phoebas wrote: »
    They'd have you classified as a traitor and hung from the side of T2. :eek:

Suppose I'd have to swim to Holyhead all the while being chased by overweight taxi drivers in celtic jerseys (stereotype)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Inhabitants of fraggle rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Inhabitants of fraggle rock.

Doozers will hold the balance of power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

The Troika. Doesn't matter who we vote for anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

The SF membership, who have the final say on any coalition, would never, ever allow that

I would say the same sentiment is shared by FG.
    Seriously - you guys must be naive to think it'll never happen.

I can hear the voices now - Paisley and McGuinness powersharing - Never, never, never

It's a completely different situation up in Northern Ireland both in the political present and the history leading up to power sharing. I would say - and this is many years down the line - that there will be a FF/SF government.

As for the next election, I can only assume that FF will make a comeback. What alternative is there for the electorate? Labour will be decimated (as happens all the minor parties in a coalition) and I would expect FG to take a hit. The hard left alternative isn't much of an alternative at all: they've been splitting since nearly before they decided to join together and they don't have numbers or money to organise an effective election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Probably be a case of FG+LAB+INDS

And the government lasting about 2 years.

This government will last full term.

Other option is FF+FG

No other option is possible IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The next goverment will consist of myself and a few lads from the pub last night. We're getting some guns and borrowing a van full of semtex from Fran down in the chipper. Once we get established we'll need some firing squads, people who can add and subtract and whatnot. We'll also need strippers and drugs for research purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

In light of what we just threw out, the rubbish that replaced them and the lack of a viable alternative I think the country needs to move up a gear and bring in the experts. I propose this lot:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg25Mfg-74g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I don't know who will win the next general election, What I do know is that Fianna fail would go into coalition of government with anyone ,anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ahh sure let them all have a go at fcuking up the country, why not like, it's not as if any of them are in any way in touch with the electorate anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i want to see a SF majority

just for the comedy

we'll be more bankrupt than we are now and if you disagree you'll be kneecappped or disappear(allegedly)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fenderpick

Lelantos wrote: »
    I'll send him an apology ;)

I rest my case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

fenderpick wrote: »
    I rest my case

I'm sorry, you had a case? ;)

Advertisement