Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will form the next government?

Options
  • 04-08-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

If you had to bet, who do you think (not hope) will form the next govt? I suspect it will be FF, Lab and SF.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

If you had to bet, who do you think (not hope) will form the next govt? I suspect it will be FF, Lab and SF.

Superted and the power rangers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I'm guessing a bunch of corrupt f*ckers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Only two possibilities I can see at the moment.
    FF & SF
    or
    FG & LAB

Either combination may include support from Independents.

Its a bit late for a new party to emerge in time for the next election unless we see massive splits in the current parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Cant happen, you need elected TD's to be in government and Lab won't have any!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i want to see a SF majority

just for the comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Cant happen, you need elected TD's to be in government and Lab won't have any!

They are going to get some hiding alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I hope Dublin win the sam Maguire and be All Ireland champions and thus run the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's frightening to think who'll get in because the options are terrible.

But you can be sure that FF will do well. Their closet supporters will out.

i want to see a SF majority

just for the comedy
    It'd be a tragicomedy.

It would be interesting to see how they'd manage the transition from populist opposition to practical politics, but it would be even more interesting to see how their new supporters would manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Doesn't matter - it's gonna be anyone except the crowd that's in.
    Until the next time, and then it's gonna be anyone except the crowd that's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

SinnFein in govt...lunatics....asylum....

Anyone think FF + FG is a possibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Anyone think FF + FG is a possibility?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

A coup. The army....9,000 of them. They seem to do nothing anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Damien360

Definitely going to be SF with someone else . With the 1916 anniversary approaching fast and that is also the year of possible next election (correct me if I am wrong) , they will play the nationalist/green jersey card and get a ton of votes .

The only way out if this is a new party formed . that way we will be voting in the same bunch of clowns again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Rightwing wrote: »
    A coup. The army....9,000 of them. They seem to do nothing anyway. :rolleyes:

They will kill you first

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fenderpick

Lelantos wrote: »
    SinnFein in govt...lunatics....asylum....
    no matter who gets into power the country is still banjacked never mind SF every single party down there are lunatics,
    Its no wonder 80% of "nationalists" up here gave a thumbs down to an united Ireland.
    South of Ireland = GREED GREED GREED ! well it,s come home to roost.
    Michael Collins must be turning in his grave Shame on YOU !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I wouldnt rule out FG and SF either

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This combination is even more unlikely than FG \ FF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

fenderpick wrote: »
    no matter who gets into power the country is still banjacked never mind SF every single party down there are lunatics,
    Its no wonder 80% of "nationalists" up here gave a thumbs down to an united Ireland.
    South of Ireland = GREED GREED GREED ! well it,s come home to roost.
    Michael Collins must be turning in his grave Shame on YOU !

I'll send him an apology ;)

More chance of Robert Mugabe becoming Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

The SF membership, who have the final say on any coalition, would never, ever allow that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

FG + some new party + possibly independents.

Henlars67 wrote: »
    The SF membership, who have the final say on any coalition, would never, ever allow that

Im sure thats what was said about the Labour membership before they went in with FF in 92.

I mean seriously If SF can power share with the DUP then why not FG

It would be foolish to think that SF members would never contemplate coalition with FG.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

FG+FF , can't see the numbers enabling any other option

FG+FF , can't see the numbers enabling any other option

The numbers for FG and SF will be there.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Im sure thats what was said about the Labour membership before they went in with FF in 92.

I mean seriously If SF can power share with the DUP then why not FG

It would be foolish to think that SF members would never contemplate coalition with FG.

I'm a SF member and I'd never vote for it, nor would any other members that I know.

I'd never vote for a coalition with FF either, unless we were the bigger party, and I can't see that happening any time soon.

Never mind the SF membership voting for it, FG wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot politics pole.

• Advertisement

Seriously - you guys must be naive to think it'll never happen.

I can hear the voices now - Paisley and McGuinness powersharing - Never, never, never

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement