Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final: Monaghan v Tyrone - 3/8/2013 5pm Croke Par

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's the biased GAA not wanting an Ulster team to progress.

not sure how theyll engineer that from this game:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Clerkin is after finding some pace from somewhere.

fullstop wrote: »
    What's the story with Hawk Eye? Does it have to be requested by the umpire?

I think the ref has the power to call it but will normally take an umpires suggestion on board if he feels its a case for Hawkeye as we seen in the Leinster hurling final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Clerkin is after finding some pace from somewhere.
    Got away with alot of steps aswell there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bambi wrote: »

Think you might need to get the ol' sarcasm detector checked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Yellow for me, it's not soccer.

Thats the problem, a ref can't give a red there. It's ridiculous.

Earlier in the year, donegal were 3 points down vs Cork in the league. Last play of the game, Murphy gets clear through on goal, and is rugby tackled from behind. Donegal get a 14 yard free where they can only get a point, and it saves Cork the match. And the ref could only give a yellow for that blatant cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bambi wrote: »

They'll repartition the country or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

fullstop wrote: »
    Think you might need to get the ol' sarcasm detector checked out.

its hard to tell given that norn irish chips tend to defy logic

Wow, unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Monaghan letting themselves down in the last few minutes...I can see the columnists mentioning 'experience' a lot during the week

• Advertisement

Awful miss, that would have been game over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

It's a shame both teams can't be knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Tobyglen wrote: »
    It's a shame both teams can't be knocked out.

I think you should reserve judgement until after the Dublin v Cork game. I think conditions are a big factor...

Tyrone are not much better than an average team, they were far from convincing in beating average enough teams like Kildare and Meath while Monaghan can count themselves to be unlucky to have a referee as incompetent as Reilly in charge of this game.

They are in an All Ireland semi final all the same. Their antics have been disgraceful again but they won't care.

If the RTE pundits were managers at this stage they'd be telling their players not to foul the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Monaghan were the team that every one wanted in the q finals...they shocking.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Kavanaghs "professional" foul had a massive bearing on this game. Sour the Tyrone win in my opinion.
    Game was there for monaghan but lack of experience and some poor decisions also.

Tyrone are not much better than an average team, they were far from convincing in beating average enough teams like Kildare and Meath while Monaghan can count themselves to be unlucky to have a referee as incompetent as Reilly in charge of this game.

They are in an All Ireland semi final all the same. Their antics have been disgraceful again but they won't care.

Given they have played Leinster teams and an average Monaghan team they have been lucky with the draw.

Lets give Séan Cavanagh MOM for an outrageous piece of cheating, Laughable really.

I think you should reserve judgement until after the Dublin v Cork game. I think conditions are a big factor...

Hey now lets not spoil the party with a logical theory for those who want to knock Ulster football ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Happier to see Tyrone come through that. Monaghan looked like they didn't know how to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Tyrone were just a bit more streetwise today even though I thought Monaghan deserved it based on how they played

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

RTE Man of the match Kavanagh :eek: should have been gone, That said Tyrone far more clever than Monaghan in the end

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Said it before, but Tyrone are in big trouble when the black card comes in if they don't change their style.

yop wrote: »
    Kavanaghs "professional" foul had a massive bearing on this game. Sour the Tyrone win in my opinion.
    Game was there for monaghan but lack of experience and some poor decisions also.

Bollócks!! You play to the rules and thats what they did. Were far better than Monaghan. When the fat was in the fire Monaghan hadnt the bottle to step up to the mark and made silly errors all over the field. Tyrone showed character even with 1 less man on the field

Here goes Brolly!

Brolly talking sense

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Aboy the Brolly :D

Fair play to Brolly for calling it as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Brolly is right.

DejaVu with Spillane.

Advertisement