Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland Senior Football Quarter-Final: Monaghan v Tyrone - 3/8/2013 5pm Croke Par

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I love that wee side-step chink that Sean Cavanagh does, beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭iwasonbwh

Oisin McConville- ''We'll be lucky if we don't get booked today'' :D

68Murph68 wrote: »
    Yeah he got a couple wrong as well but tbh I'd wouldnt mind too much as the odds are that it will lead to a much better game as opposed to if he'd adopted the Ulster football approach of it's not a foul unless there's blood or broken bone.

If he'd let a whiff of anything go early on, the odds are very high this would have turned into a game of rugby league.
    Ah get out of that nonsense. If it's a foul, it's a foul and it should be given as a foul, these things don't just escalate into rugby matches because of a lack of imposed authority. The referee should call the fouls for the fouls themselves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Tyrone have gotten themselves in a great position after a slow start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Some fine points being scored

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Between McManus and Hughes up around the square I can see a Monaghan goal if they can stem the Cavanagh momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Whatsa the story with all the cards its getting riduciliuos

Poor decision there by Peter Harte, Monaghan went straight up the field and scored a point from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Nailz wrote: »
    Ah get out of that nonsense. If it's a foul, it's a foul and it should be given as a foul, these things don't just escalate into rugby matches because of a lack of imposed authority. The referee should call the fouls for the fouls themselves.

I'm not saying he's blatantly going to call non fouls.

I was saying that I wouldnt be massively concerned about the ref getting 1 or 2 calls wrong, when he's laying down a marker early on that he's not going to stand for any rubbish from either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Poor decision there by Peter Harte, Monaghan went straight up the field and scored a point from that.

Tyrone have done that a few times, over-playing instead of shooting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Penrose and Gormley are getting away with murder, persistent fouling after the ball is gone

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Gormley's a lucky man if he gets away with that punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

penrose has earned about 3 yellows at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

2 punches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Peter Harte definitely needs to keep his head up when he's one slip pass away from setting up a goal chance. Conditions aren't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

Has to be a red for that punch, he was punched by 2 different players too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭Always_Running

I think todays game shows how poor Donegal were when they only managed 0-7 in 70 mins v Monaghan.

68Murph68 wrote: »
    I'm not saying he's blatantly going to call non fouls.

I was saying that I wouldnt be massively concerned about the ref getting 1 or 2 calls wrong, when he's laying down a marker early on that he's not going to stand for any rubbish from either side.
    He evidently was calling non-fouls at the start of the game, whether he meant it or not.

Laying down the marker is all well and good, but he cost Tyrone by giving handy frees to Monaghan in the early stages and also cost Monaghan a yellow card for a perfectly good challenge on Sean Cavanagh. He was having a direct influence on the course of the game as an open contest and that's not the referee's job.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

If Penrose and Gormley dont go its time to stop watching this Sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

red card i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

He evidently was calling non-fouls at the start of the game, whether he meant it or not.

Laying down the marker is all well and good, but he cost Tyrone by giving handy frees to Monaghan in the early stages and also cost Monaghan a yellow card for a perfectly good challenge on Sean Cavanagh. He was having a direct influence on the course of the game as an open contest and that's not the referee's job.

Sorry but overall I think he is doing a good job of controlling two teams who have committed a lot of fouls.

The yellow on Hughes was harsh and I agree he gave Monaghan a few handy frees - the one Dessie Moan got was a real shocker.

The players going out and fouling players are responsible for the foul, not the ref for blowing them.

How many times have there been 3rd man tackles off the ball, even after 4/5 yellows being dished out?

Throw in the fracas at the whistle and I have a lot of sympathy for the ref in this game.

Boys in studio going for Tyrone. By right they'll be down to 13 men.

But no mention!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I think todays game shows how poor Donegal were when they only managed 0-7 in 70 mins v Monaghan.

Sure we shall see tomorrow how poor they are. Although Monaghan beat them, they beat Tyrone well so have mayo learned anything really?

How??? Donegal are reigning All Ireland champions and had previously beaten Tyrone? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Sean Cavanagh only started coming into the game when the referee made it clear that you can't tackle him, Darren Hughes made a great tackle on him and got booked

What is they subbed the punchers before they could get sent off?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RED for Penrose....good stuff!!

Never mind that there should be another red.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bambi wrote: »
    penrose has earned about 3 yellows at this stage

or just a red :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It would have been a disgrace if he wasn't sent off,. Gormley should be gone too, one of the dirtiest players in the country.

Advertisement