Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Kevin Myers is on today, pub republicans' blood pressure rising already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

LOL There's a name I haven't heard in a long time. What's the subject?

The coronation, or rather the previous one.

Kind of pathetic the powers that be of the time tried to confiscate newspapers and magazines covering it coming into the country. What a weird little island we were back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

good interview from Pat with 'Jimmy' from Kin. Pity he is a bit old to take the Late Late Show gig again

feck me, I really hate terry prone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Nice tribute to Johnny Fean of Horslips.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Well reading some of the commentary on the hate offences bill the urge to ban things is still around, human nature has not changed a lot.

Very true, the moral authorities these days have dyed hair and nose rings rather than cassocks and mitres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Well if it isn't professional whinger Mannix Flynn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

God I could listen to Paul Harrington all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

Rock and Roll kids is such a good song. Our greatest Eurovision entry by far. Miles removed from today's offerings.

some lunatics taking to Pat about how young people have it so hard. Pat seems bewildered. So do I

the bumbling, bicycle repair man, who somehow fell into government, on with Pat now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

What surprises me somewhat is that 'young people' don't vote in large numbers for the Green Party. The brute fact of the matter is that we'd be waiting a long time for FG and FF to act decisively on the whole range of climate change/carbon emissions issue unless the Green Party had pushed the matter on to the agenda. The world in which the young will be living depends on the country planning and implementing the necessary changes for a sustainable future.

I've never voted Green before but I certainly will next time because I now realise their critical contribution to a vital sector of national interest and welfare. Yes , I accept some of their members come out with some loopy social ideas from time to time but on the main energy question they have been a crucial driving force and should remain so. Slava Green Party.🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭boardise

Whyever so ? I'm a fan . To me she's a wise and witty commentator especially on the vital issues of communication and on the foibles of the human animal. I never miss her weekly column in the Irish Examiner. But ,as the old Romans knew well , de gustibus non est disputandum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,316 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Voting Green is expensive - in Ireland you picture a Green party voter what do you think of ?

1) Middle class on the upper end of the scale - or at least upwardly mobile

2) Urban

3) Well meaning, idealistic - if a little bit naive - flaky types

--

The reality is there are a large part of which fall into the opposite categories - rural, more cynical than the average Green and would not class themselves as middle class. That is why many don't vote Green.

Plus the non upper middle class - but young urban are swayed by SF's promises of free stuff for everyone - houses etc. So not much wiggle room for the Greens at all.

The Greens only ever 'sub in' in government if no other viable alternative can be found. Most of the electorate does not take them seriously at all.

The Greens Flaky = idealistic, well spoken urban people - more often than not Dubs. Until the Greens start bridging gaps to the rural vote they have not got much hope for the near future IMO.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Young people are more interested in somewhere to live away from mom and pop, but since saving for a house is a laughable notion, they're going to be blowing their wage packets on environmentally unfriendly things like fast fashion, gadgets and foreign hols or looking at getting out of Dodge for the time being at least.

As above, the GP really only appeals to well-off urbanites, bicycle wielding MAMILs and middle class soccer moms with SUV EVs. They fooled the voters before, and they'll get a thrashing at the next GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat: and who are going to be the lunch roll police?

LOL, good man Pat.

First this morning we had some medic on telling us we need cancer warnings on a can of beer. Now it's making sure that the Spar near a school only sell rolls made with wholemeal bread and containing salad and non processed meat.

Fcuk me, what has this country become.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I was shocked listening to it this morning. Stunned.

How have we let the woke agenda impinge of every aspect of our lives. Someone somewhere has to shout stop. Enough is enough. Pat makes a good point. The likes of Jameson and the whiskey exporters should be made do exactly the same thing. But that won't happen. It's be John and Mary having a couple of tins on a Friday after working 80 hours in the week between them that will be made look at a rotten liver.

Will the pubs have to have warnings on their glasses with nasty pictures? Will they fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

We are probably the Trojan horse to bring this into the EU.

Just like the smoking ban brought in by Meehole Martin,

his only ever claim to fame as a useless minister for health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Everyone should listen to an interview with the Brennan brothers if in need of a bit of a boost..... that interview with them has set me up for the day with a smile on my face.

They are just lovely, a total breath of fresh air!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Why do people keep fetching up at the most remote island at the West of Europe asks Pat twice and the question is evaded twice by the woman from the Red Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭leath_dub

I felt Pat let her off the hook a bit by not pressing the question. He was fobbed off far too easily

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Pat getting bullied on his own show this morning ;-) First, the psychologist told him that those girls sitting chatting on a bench were in fact talking about sport and then we had the student union leader correcting him that students were getting PTSD from living in digs!

'Lively' and 'vibrant' - synonyms for 'sh1thole'.

PTSD from living in digs.

I have heard it all now. (And I lived in digs for a year)

who is on with Pat now ? the person that is somewhat 'soft' on immigration to say the least ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Joe O Brien (GP) junior minister for integration - Rodders sidekick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭leath_dub

The hotel federation on Pat Kenny doing a very bad job of defending the indefensible

Advertisement