Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange habits

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Keith wrote: »
    Cant believe no one mentioned the volume on the TV yet, always has to be an even number!

Nope, mines an odd number, and can't be a multiple of 5. So 1,3,7,9,11,13,17,19,21,23 etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I count the steps when I'm going up/down stairs, especially in familiar places for some reason.

Do that too, used to be 13 steps, moved to a house with 14 and tripped up on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If I ever get a new piece of technology like a game console or laptop or whatever, I can't use it until I unpack it, then put all the packing back neatly in the box, put the box away, and have a cup of tea beside me when I first turn it on, it's my little ritual :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Also cant beleive nobody said

"I avoid the cracks on the ground"

That's not a strange habit - everybody does it.

Don't they?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

krudler wrote: »
    If I ever get a new piece of technology like a game console or laptop or whatever, I can't use it until I unpack it, then put all the packing back neatly in the box, put the box away, and have a cup of tea beside me when I first turn it on, it's my little ritual :pac:

And meticulously go through all the bits, accessories and manuals to see what's there before turning it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

When talking on the phone I walk around the kitchen floor tiles like a knight on a chess board.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I'm a smoker so on my walk into work in the morning I always light up at the same spot so that I finish beside a particular bin. Sometimes I forget and remember when I get to the next set of traffic lights but if I light up there I'll get to the next bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I blow into a glass before I pour liquid into it, even if it's straight from the dishwasher.

I scratch my left bum cheek while brushing my teeth in rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

And meticulously go through all the bits, accessories and manuals to see what's there before turning it on.

and smell said manuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Gambas wrote: »
    When talking on the phone I walk around the kitchen floor tiles like a knight on a chess board.

I used to do this all the time walking around my house! You've probably brought it back again now I'm scared to walk into the kitchen cause there are tiles in there :(

When I was playing too much Assassin's Creed, I'd plan climbing routes up real buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I blink my right eye sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    What is your strangest habit?

Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed. I tend to get very warm in the night, so it gives one of my pillows an instant-cold part, which I find nice indeed - was particularly handy in the recent heat-wave!

Nice idea, I might use that one as I suffer from warm pillows as well. I even had a cool idea (pun intended) a long time back about creating a self-cooling pillow and was going to call it a chillow. Unfortunately someone already had that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

OP, that's genius! Mine is probably talking to myself while trying to solve unusual problems. My thought process is rather rapid, meaning that I essentially stare into space muttering seemingly unrelated sentence fragments, mostly along the lines of If I did this...but then he'd do that...and I forgot to factor in this...of course, that's it!...but that would never work...
    For some reason people say its disconcerting.
    Ha ha my friend does the exact same thing. It's gas when he's playin poker and he's on a tricky hand. He could sit there contemplating his next move and just blurt out "I have queen six" to himself. At first he didn't even realise he said it and we certainly weren't telling him. He copped on to it though and now he uses it as a double bluff kinda thing. The bástard..

Sometimes when sending a work email I convince myself I sent it to the wrong person and have to check my sent folder. Whew, right person (even if the email is completely mundane).

RayM wrote: »
    When I sneeze, I always shout "fuck" at the same time.

When I burp I shout Ãrse. If it's a long one I'll shout Ãrrrrrse...... We're weird aren't we?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Roose wrote: »
    What's retarded about one eating one's own face?:confused:

Well, when you say it like that it sounds.......still totally retarded:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

GerB40 wrote: »
    When I burp I shout Ãrse. If it's a long one I'll shout Ãrrrrrse...... We're weird aren't we?

When I yawn I say yawn. When my boyfriend farts he says 'foul, and a miss'

:o

When I yawn I say yawn. When my boyfriend farts he says 'foul, and a miss'

:o

Snooker and farting finally brought together...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

GerB40 wrote: »
    Snooker and farting finally brought together...

I have a wierd aversion to banging my ankles together - just freaks me out for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭travis1976

I smell everything I eat, It's very weird, well my misses thinks it is.
    I have to smell my chips after I put vinegar on, to ensure there's enough on there, enough is when I cough...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Most people do a wee whilst having a poo. I often do it the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Better a seated piss than a standing shite, as my old ma used to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Stay away from urinals then.

Advertisement