Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange habits

Options
  • 30-07-2013 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

What is your strangest habit?

Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed. I tend to get very warm in the night, so it gives one of my pillows an instant-cold part, which I find nice indeed - was particularly handy in the recent heat-wave!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I like to pick my nose and my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Roose

Chewing the inside of my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I often sleep curled up in a ball at the top corner of my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I rub my face with the back of my hand (unawares) when I'm anxious , it's very soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I often sleep curled up in a ball at the top corner of my bed.

**** and crying I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I hawk greeners.

I brush my front teeth more, because they show.

I also like to drink tea while in the bath. From a cup, not from the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I like to pick my nose and my arse

In an order that would surprise us?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Candie wrote: »
    I brush my front teeth more, because they show.

I also like to drink tea while in the bath
    . From a cup, not from the bath.

I'd say that's quite a nice combination actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm right-handed, but at night after my wife and kids are asleep, I seem to use the computer mouse with my left hand for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Just as I'm nodding off to sleep my body will do a weird jolt thing. I'm half conscious I've done it. But my boyfriend always gives me a little squeeze when it happens and I fall asleep smiling. :o

Wow, reading that back made me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just as I'm nodding off to sleep my body will do a weird jolt thing. I'm half conscious I've done it. But my boyfriend always gives me a little squeeze when it happens and I fall asleep smiling. :o

Wow, reading that back made me cringe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

osarusan wrote: »

Oh thanks :) never even thought to Google it! was almost afraid to open that link.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed.

OP, that's genius! Mine is probably talking to myself while trying to solve unusual problems. My thought process is rather rapid, meaning that I essentially stare into space muttering seemingly unrelated sentence fragments, mostly along the lines of If I did this...but then he'd do that...and I forgot to factor in this...of course, that's it!...but that would never work...
    For some reason people say its disconcerting.

one of my strange habits, I have many, is that when Im having a bowl of cereal, I can only use milk from an unopened container.

Even if there is only a little bit gone out of one, I must open a fresh one. Oh and I hate milk jugs. Wont use one.

Drives himself nuts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

I hold my breath going past graveyards, even it means basically going blue in the face!

Had a weird thing since I was child where I thought I would breathe in the ghosts. It must work because, as far as I know, I haven't breathed one in yet!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

**** and crying I hope

I'm a bigger man than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    What is your strangest habit?

Mine is probably the fact that I often grab a small ice-pack and put it under the pillowcase before I go to bed. I tend to get very warm in the night, so it gives one of my pillows an instant-cold part, which I find nice indeed - was particularly handy in the recent heat-wave!
    Thank u, u have now made me the best girlfriend ever, himself will love me for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

osarusan wrote: »

so thats what it is!! thanks osarusan, on another sleep related thing.. an ex of mine told me that I sometimes stopped breathing for a bit while asleep, I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said

nice_very wrote: »
    so thats what it is!! thanks osarusan, on another sleep related thing.. an ex of mine told me that I sometimes stopped breathing for a bit while asleep, I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said

Yeah my boyfriend does that. I just dig him in the ribs, freaks me out !! I can't have my breathing restricted at all so it bothers me when he's struggling to breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

I drink so much from 2 litre bottles (cheaper) that I now have marks on my hands from pressure of the neck digging into them.
    Might count as a habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

nice_very wrote: »
    I posted before in a thread about me doing that and was advised to get it investigated, sleep apnea I think they said
    It's sleep apnea and it can be fatal, go to a doc.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

A colleague of mine eats his earwax and snot.
    Hes been pulled up on it numerous times by management and colleagues but still wont stop.
    He starts tucking in after his breaks in the canteen(dessert) and doesnt give a fcuk whos watching him either.
    He alternates between his nasal/aural orifices sucking the contents from his fingertip like a chef would a fine sauce.
    People have become so used to it ,nobody bats an eyelid.
    The dirty bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

I like to click the mouse buttons constantly, really fast.
    I'm always doing it with my 2 fingers. I always find a blank part in the screen when reading something, or when watching a movie etc and just clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I like to click the mouse buttons constantly, really fast.
    I'm always doing it with my 2 fingers. I always find a blank part in the screen when reading something, or when watching a movie etc and just clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

Oh god I'd kill you for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

When running across the road I do this weird "ay-yay-yay" (think frustrated Italian) to myself in time with my footsteps

I noticed it a while ago, tried to stop, then started doing it ironically when I couldn't stop, and now it's here to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Can't eat with a door / window open. I think it make food taste different. Especially eggs ands bread. I can eat outside no problem though!

And I turn the shower on about 10 minutes before I get in so the room steams up nicely. Won't be doing this for much long when the charges come in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Siosleis

A colleague of mine eats his earwax and snot.
    Hes been pulled up on it numerous times by management and colleagues but still wont stop.
    He starts tucking in after his breaks in the canteen(dessert) and doesnt give a fcuk whos watching him either.
    He alternates between his nasal/aural orifices sucking the contents from his fingertip like a chef would a fine sauce.
    People have become so used to it ,nobody bats an eyelid.
    The dirty bollix.

I just got sick.Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

I do this all the time too. I always feel like a right twat when it happens. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Pick the fluf out of my naval and make little jumpers from it.

Advertisement